You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool are looking to land Werder Bremen striker Aaron Hunt in a swap deal with Ryan Babel. The former Ajax forward has made it known he is unhappy about the lack of playing timehe has been given at Anfield and Hunt, who is 23 and a half-English Germany international, has been lined up as a pacy, versatile alternative to the softly spoken Dutchman (The People)

• 2 weeks later...

Never really liked him. He came with 'promise' and that is what annoys me is that fans are still saying he will come good (he's been here for 2 full seasons).

If he had a few games where he showed some magic or a wonder goal then maybe i'll keep the faith but he can't even do the basics, just run, head down and shoot if out of options.

I can't remember a game where he was outstanding, match of match performance, maybe he had but it's a testamant to the lad that alot of people can't recall such a game.

all i will say is that if Babel was at Arsenal, we would be going on about how good a player he is. Rafa cannot nurture talent!

I doubt that

Rafa can''t nurture talent?, Torres is now widely accpeted as the best striker in the world, was'nt at Athletico:whistle:.

I think is Babel's case (only my opinion) but i reckon his mentality and approach sucks. He is a striker at heart but not played there much of his Liverpool career and it seems he sulks or not accepts that he needs to learn a new position. He has all the skill, pace etc so why has he become such a failure in the wide postions?

You see Kuyt on the other side who is best as a second striker but made the right wing postion his own and starting scoring goals from there last season. He's learnt that postion and plays it a certain way different from a traditional winger as he lacks pace but made it his own and accepted he is'nt going to play his favourite postion all the time.

Edited by Johnni

yesterday was my last straw with this lad. i've been patient, i've defended him early in his career here, i've supported him on this site etc.

yesterday he got the start in his preferred position. the left of an attacking 3 with very little defensive responsibility.

what did we get? absolutely zero. move him on and let's get someone else in.

and its not that he's just been shit, because i can live with a player being shit at times at that age, its that he's the exact same player since he arrived.

i will defend lucas again and again because he's 10x the player now that he was when he arrived here and looked absolutely awful. babel looks exactly the same to me. very very frustrating but that's what you get when you buy young players. some work out and others don't.