You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sooo, Kuyt as Vice Vice Captain...Or indeed Vice Captain

Antynwa

I know I'll get accused of having rose-tinted specs on, but I remember seeing that tackle and thinking it was no problem. He was miles away from the ball and it was very clear (in my eyes anyway) that he was making himself big just to get a block on the ball when it was already in flight, not tackle the player. Even when he landed he was still a distance from the player.

This is an example of why i think Kuyt would make a great captain, ahead of Mascherano. When he made that tackle it was purely a determined attempt at winning the ball, whereas Masch makes rash, aggressive, 'revenge' tackle from time to time. I think he, altough he is a great player, is too hot headed for a captains role. And as previously pointed out, he appears to want out of the club. I don't think it would be unfair to say that Kuyt displays the same passion for the club as Stevie or Carra.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'll get accused of having rose-tinted specs on, but I remember seeing that tackle and thinking it was no problem. He was miles away from the ball and it was very clear (in my eyes anyway) that he was making himself big just to get a block on the ball when it was already in flight, not tackle the player. Even when he landed he was still a distance from the player.
Also, Dirk could see that the Everton player only had one intention, and that was to launch the ball forward towards our goal. Dirk read the situation brilliantly and was thinking about getting the block in before the opposition player had even made contact with the ball.

That challenge from Kuyt looked absolutely dreadful on the replay but I agree that he was just trying to block the ball.

If he'd been sent off though, he couldn't have really complained with the way football is these days. You get booked for tucking your cock back in your pants these days...

Much like your posts.

I watched the season highlights yesterday. In November he was playing well, scoring, assisting. In December the team didnt play that well, he was playing. During January and February in Torres absence Keane changed the formation and Dirk wasnt utilised to his best. After then he played very well again. The pack of lies you constantky post about him is frankly pathetic. If some other wide rightsided player made three assists in one half preseason you'd probably wet the bed.

Oh and thanks for the neg.

Edited by Thants

Much like your posts.

I watched the season highlights yesterday. In November he was playing well, scoring, assisting. In December the team didnt play that well, he was playing. During January and February in Torres absence Keane changed the formation and Dirk wasnt utilised to his best. After then he played very well again. The pack of lies you constantky post about him is frankly pathetic. If some other wide rightsided player made three assists in one half preseason you'd probably wet the bed.

Oh and thanks for the neg.

And for his next trick Thants will attempt to convince a potato re:the theory of wave/particle duality.

A little less ambitious you will admit....

When Keane was here we were top of the league for most of it despite him not playing a huge part.. those kind of "trying to be smart" comments make you look a bit thick Thants.

I was talking football, open mindedly. Discussing what actually was happening on the pitch rather than using forced untrue 'facts' that get exaggerated every billion post you mention them.

Something you don't understand. Or is that me being thick?

I cannot believe the captain of Argentina has not even featured once in the choice of captains for this club.

Assuming he stays, I'd have him as vice-captain at the end of next season. He's massive. Exactly the person we need as captain.

Liverpool+v+Real+Madrid+UEFA+Champions+League+S9M0gb6iEkZl.jpg

079mascherano_468x638.jpg

I'd rather someone like Xabi or Kuyt be handed the armband, they seem calmer and more in control of their emotions/actions, I actually think Xabi would make a great captain, was impressed by the way he reacted when Masch was sent off and how he broke up the Carra/Bob tiff.

Guest TK-421
That tackle sums up Dirk Kuyt, passion, fight, will to win, no technique.

Quaresma played poorly from August 2008 to May 2009. Hardly any goals or assists. Poor.

Only problem I would have with Dirk being a Captain is his position on the pitch. I prefer the Captain to play somewhere down the spine, ideally centre back or centre midfield, so that they can have the most influence on those around them.

I'd rather someone like Xabi or Kuyt be handed the armband, they seem calmer and more in control of their emotions/actions, I actually think Xabi would make a great captain, was impressed by the way he reacted when Masch was sent off and how he broke up the Carra/Bob tiff.

:yes: I'd be ecstatic if xabi was even VC next year only because he would still be here. He would make a good Captain though and referencing those points are as good an example as you could see. He is respected.

Guest simon
We're blessed. I wouldn't be unhappy with any of Dirk, Xabi, Masch, Pepe or Torres.

Hammy i'm going to neg you Xabi does not deserve to be captain I want someone who loves the clubs and is 100% loyal to the club Xabi don,t come in that catagory. The rest our great shouts though.

Hammy i'm going to neg you Xabi does not deserve to be captain I want someone who loves the clubs and is 100% loyal to the club Xabi don,t come in that catagory. The rest our great shouts though.

So surely you wouldn't have a man who nearly left the club for a huge title rival twice before someone who, a season after he was nearly forced out, may be after a move to someone in a different country, and one of the top 3 names in world football?:whistle:

That tackle sums up Dirk Kuyt, passion, fight, will to win, no technique.

Anywhere I read a good solid debate you still manage to spout your shit about Kuyt.

Get over yourself.

Most good fans on here rate Kuyt and the fact that you dont because of his lack of technique means that you are stubborn twat that knows fuck all about football.

As a captain I dont understand how can anyone dispute it: He can drive his team and force them to play by example. He is a natural leader whom everyone can behind. Xabi is the type that dictates the style of play, the kind of leader that you build your team around. Pepe would be great at inspiring with great saves.

In that order by the way.

I see Kuyt in the same way as how Carra was when he came through playing as a fullback Carra used to get loads of stick and many thought him not good enough for Liverpool but since his move into CB he is the dogs bolloxs and everyone can see his value

Kuyt as a striker came in for the same sort of stick but since he moved to the right people are starting to see his value to the team and if he was a Liverpool Lad he would be the first name on the sheet for everyone

The more the lad plays the more he will go down in Liverpool legend

I see Kuyt in the same way as how Carra was when he came through playing as a fullback Carra used to get loads of stick and many thought him not good enough for Liverpool but since his move into CB he is the dogs bolloxs and everyone can see his value

Anyone who couldn't see the value in Jamie Carragher when he played superlatively at LB in the season we won a unique treble of cups, is a divvy.

I bet I can guess who would fall into that category aswell.