You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellant news. Very well done Tony.

Here's hoping he now also gets a guest spot on that Sky Sports press thing on a Sunday and he can tell all those Ferguson wank-a-thon twats what's what.

I look forward to reading him in the Times.

So? Who the hell do I believe in the Echo now? I certainly have never heard much good about Prentice.

Might depend on him coming off the boxing, cant see him being able to do both.

Maybe he could just leave the boxing to someone else?

I just don't want Prentice getting it.

No doubting Dominic King will be as eager as he was last time too.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Nick Peet is a good writer and seemed like a decent lad at the footy in April. He'd be a decent shout I reckon.

I concur

Good shout

Maybe he could just leave the boxing to someone else?

I just don't want Prentice getting it.

No doubting Dominic King will be as eager as he was last time too.

Didnt he write it temporarily anyway after Bascombe went? Ive seen him in or around the press area in the executive box for a few of our games, a couple of seasons ago anyway.

Well done to him, will be missed as I always enjoyed his work and you knew that if it had his name on it we where getting good factual reliable news, not the cut and paste bollocks the Oldham Morning Echo has been feeding out for the past few months. Atleast now he's going to one of the few nationals I also take notice of, and not the gutter tabloid rags. Good luck Tony.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
I reckon it'll bring him a bit more freedom in what he writes.

By "a bit", do you mean "a lot"?