You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

David Silva

Guest LFD

Is David Silva our answer out wide?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Is David Silva our answer out wide?

• Yes - Worth the money and the type of player we need.
    • No - Overated and not the type of player we need.
    • Not convinced either way, have major doubts.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He also had the best team in England playing around him for two years. he was always injured aswell. I also couldnt see him getting on with Pepe after what happened back in 06.

The lads a liability. Blows hot and cold, always injured, only thinks about himself. As Lupin said we need team players.

Didn't Pepe break his jaw or did he take a dive to get a fellow professional sent off.Bloody cheat and he runs like Phoebe off Friends.Wouldn't be surprised if he was gay:whistle:.

Not convinced by Silva, but Robben can fuck the fuck off, that's for damn sho'

If Robben should ever come to Liverpool for contract talk then we should get Masch on his case; send him to JLA and let him do the "Fuck off Fuck off Fuck off!"-thing in his face right up until he's back on a plane.

There are some dim people on here. Go to any other football website discussing Silva and they'd be talking about what a wonderful talent he is.

Come on here you get some dimwits who have only watched him play 3-4 times describing him as "unconvincing" and (my favourite) "a slight upgrade on Yossi Benayoun. It just beggars belief.

But then again 90% of this forum thought the Mancs would batter Barcelona, so such levels of ignorance are hardly suprising.

Come on here you get some dimwits who have only watched him play 3-4 times describing him as "unconvincing" and (my favourite) "a slight upgrade on Yossi Benayoun. It just beggars belief.

No, it's called having an opinion.

You disagree, which is fair enough, but it doesn't mean your opinion is right.

I am not convinced Silva is the right player for us, I don't see what is wrong with saying that.

There are some dim people on here. Go to any other football website discussing Silva and they'd be talking about what a wonderful talent he is.

But then again 90% of this forum thought the Mancs would batter Barcelona, so such levels of ignorance are hardly suprising.

In my post, I made it pretty obvious what I based my assesment of the player on, and commented only on what I've seen with my own eyes. If people who have seen him 40+ times in La Liga are convinced he is the natural heir to the number 7 jersey at Liverpool, I'll take that information aboard.

But referring to the conventional wisdom of forums when rating football players is just plain dumb.

No, it's called having an opinion.

You disagree, which is fair enough, but it doesn't mean your opinion is right.

I am not convinced Silva is the right player for us, I don't see what is wrong with saying that.

How many times have you seen him play?

So 5 or 6 times i guess?

This season, yes. But not in total.

I don't watch him every week, but that's why I am asking people to convince me he's the right player for us, as if he signs I hope he is.

Are people actually questioning Robben's ability here? Fair enough he's a prick and i wouldn't want him because he's always injured but he's a far far better footballer than Silva.

Ask Real Madrid who'd they rather have?

Robben maybe faster and a better dribbler than Silva, but Silva has FAR more footballing intelligence and technical capabilities.

Its like saying Ronaldo's a far better player than Iniesta, just utter nonsense.

Robben maybe faster and a better dribbler than Silva, but Silva has FAR more footballing intelligence and technical capabilities.

Its like saying Ronaldo's a far better player than Iniesta, just utter nonsense.

Spare me your condescending bullshit. Please. I've seen enough of both to know who's the better player.

Ronaldo is a different type of player to Iniesta, just as Robben is different to Silva.

However I think we need a Robben type player rather than the Silva type. Basically someone direct who can beat players rather than guile. We have the guile option in Benayoun and he's already very effective.

Yeah and im sure more than half of those website would have based it on youtube. I watch la liga every week so i base my opinion on what ive seen with my own eyes not based on youtube. He's good, just personally don't think he who what we need. Just because my view is different from yours doesn't make me a dim...get a reality check. You rate him, i don't simply as that get over it.

Ronaldo is a different type of player to Iniesta, just as Robben is different to Silva.

However I think we need a Robben type player rather than the Silva type. Basically someone direct who can beat players rather than guile. We have the guile option in Benayoun and he's already very effective.

We have Babel, Riera, N'gog and El Zhar who can run past players all day long but do fuck all with it afterwards. An Iniesta/Silva type player would bring that extra vision and creativity our attack desperately needs.