You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

Awful lot of nonsense about on this thread. Silva is a fucking fantastic player, if we sign him I can see this thread being bumped in a couple of years like the Torres threads.

Where are people getting that he's slow from? He's very quick, he might not be as quick as Lennon or Walcott but he's quicker than Riera, Kuyt or Yossi and probably not far off Babel.

If you weren't impressed by him in the Euros then you just weren't paying attention.

The "lightweight" thing is bullshit as well, he's the same height as Mascherano. He's as lightweight as Beardsley was.

Silva is like Luis Garcia but with better decision making. If he's the only player we sign this summer I'll be fucking ecstatic. He is EXACTLY the player we need, another genius to unlock a packed defence.

Get him the fuck in!

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awful lot of nonsense about on this thread. Silva is a fucking fantastic player, if we sign him I can see this thread being bumped in a couple of years like the Torres threads.

Where are people getting that he's slow from? He's very quick, he might not be as quick as Lennon or Walcott but he's quicker than Riera, Kuyt or Yossi and probably not far off Babel.

If you weren't impressed by him in the Euros then you just weren't paying attention.

The "lightweight" thing is bullshit as well, he's the same height as Mascherano. He's as lightweight as Beardsley was.

Silva is like Luis Garcia but with better decision making. If he's the only player we sign this summer I'll be fucking ecstatic. He is EXACTLY the player we need, another genius to unlock a packed defence.

Get him the fuck in!

if we do get him i hope he is amazing obviously and would love to be proved wrong but he seems like he is a cl player and we have enough of them. We also need to play like we have been doing lately and silva is better in a slow build up with intricate passing. We only play like spain in the cl and we dont need much improvement there.

I would take lennon, young and walcott before silva. They may not be as good but i think we need to get what we need. Silva and one of the aforementioned will suit me fine!

Valencia don't play like Spain and he's the main man there. They play a bit like us, hitting teams on the break and he's class.

Silva is perfect for breaking down packed defences, which is (or should be) our biggest priority when signing players this summer. He's skilful enough and clever enough to play in any sort of team. FWIW I think he'd also get a lot more goals here than he does in Spain, English defenders wouldn't be able to handle him.

Silva is the player Walcott might be if he fulfills his potential.

Get him the fuck in!

Totally agree.

It's laughable people suggesting Aaron fuckin Lennon ahead of David Silva.We've already got a player with 'explosiveness' in Babel.We need someone who can create something out of nothing,pick holes with the ability to supply and compliment are 2 best attacking players.

David Silva fits the bill IMO.

Get him the fuck in!

i'm sold.

Get him the fuck in!

He was one of the players I was paying most attention to and I was disappointed.

"Lightweight" is about wether you can cope with the pace and physical side of the premiership or not. I just don`t think he can do it.

Beardsley was not lightweight, Mascherano isn`t lightweight, Spearing isn`t lightweight. Silva is.

Good player in La Liga where he gets lot of time with the ball and little physical challenge, but I will eat my own gym socks if he becomes a success in the premiership.

I haven’t seen enough from Silva to know if he’s the man or not, but Maldini makes a convincing case, and he’s certainly the type of player I think we need. Predominantly for the left, clever, good feet can score and create, can also play in the centre and on the right without too much difficulty. We don’t need an out and out winger, Riera can do a job of that, we need a world class forward player to fill one of the two wide forward positions. Hopefully he’s the guy if we get him.

Where are these Walcott stories coming from? For fuck's sake, get real guys, what chance have we got of signing him? He's at Arsenal now, not Southampton. We've missed the boat, accept it.

Silva would be a good buy for the right price, though. A more realistic prospect than signing Theo Walcott.

Where are these Walcott stories coming from? For fuck's sake, get real guys, what chance have we got of signing him? He's at Arsenal now, not Southampton. We've missed the boat, accept it.

Silva would be a good buy for the right price, though. A more realistic prospect than signing Theo Walcott.

Swap with Xabi Alonso and maybe even more cash and all of a sudden things don't seem too unreal. I'd be fucking gutted if that happened, just saying.

Oh and by the way : I was out not long ago, and I saw Messi in a Hull chip shop with Parry.

True story. (I was going past the chip shop in a taxi, and the driver pointed it out when he saw it. I then asked him to forget about taking me to the nightclub then turn straight back around so I can get back here to post about it. I'm still shaking now. True story.)

Edited by Red Phoenix

Seriously, I'd fucking cum if we got him.

An excuse to post this Silva video featuring Rocky and Mickey!!!!

[YOUTUBE]ot4VKp1d7GQ[/YOUTUBE]

My particular highlight being the shot he wellies over the bar at thirty seconds in ave it. One of those should be on all great players best bit compilations.

Valencia don't play like Spain and he's the main man there. They play a bit like us, hitting teams on the break and he's class.

Silva is perfect for breaking down packed defences, which is (or should be) our biggest priority when signing players this summer. He's skilful enough and clever enough to play in any sort of team. FWIW I think he'd also get a lot more goals here than he does in Spain, English defenders wouldn't be able to handle him.

Silva is the player Walcott might be if he fulfills his potential.

In short, yes. I said a few weeks back that I thought Rafa would be after him and just for a change, it seems I'm right.

Exactly what we need - ceratinly has more than decent pace - but better than that, unlike Lennon or Walcott, almost always has end product and good vision.

Lennon and Walcott are explosive, skillful players - but how often is this explosion followed by a wet squib as they run down a blind alley or pass to imaginary team mates, often apparently sitting in row E? Silva doesn't do that - you put someone in the box - he'll find them.

In short, yes. I said a few weeks back that I thought Rafa would be after him and just for a change, it seems I'm right.

Exactly what we need - ceratinly has more than decent pace - but better than that, unlike Lennon or Walcott, almost always has end product and good vision.

Lennon and Walcott are explosive, skillful players - but how often is this explosion followed by a wet squib as they run down a blind alley or pass to imaginary team mates, often apparently sitting in row E? Silva doesn't do that - you put someone in the box - he'll find them.

I really can't argue with the bolded.