You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham Thread

aws

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But regardless of how we've got there, the possibility of being top (albeit temporarily) in May, with the added possibility of 86 points come the end of the season (a total that I believe would have won an awful lot of titles in the last twenty years), was one I would have gladly have taken in August. Next year, we win it all.

I did some research and it would have won us the title 9 times since we last won it. Interestingly not since 2003 though. In the 90s it would more often than not have won us the title. In the 00s it would not.

I did some research and it would have won us the title 9 times since we last won it. Interestingly not since 2003 though. In the 90s it would more often than not have won us the title. In the 00s it would not.

I had a feeling that would be the rough pattern but I didn't realise it went back to 03. Scratch everything I just said, we evidently suck balls.

Guest simon
Simon that's not even funny.

Masch injured Torres returning i'm hoping he wont be risked and Alonso is a big doubt.

Masch injured Torres returning i'm hoping he wont be risked and Alonso is a big doubt.

Alonso is a doubt, but Mascherano and Torres should both be fit, Rafa said.

Guest simon
Not sure I would go with Kuyt upfront again, put him on the right where is more effective - think we would've scored a lot more against Newcastle with someone else upfront, teams seem able to play a higher line with Kuyt upfront.

If Torres is still not fit id like to think Benni will be used up front.

If United win their last 4 it will give them their highest ever league points total. Even when there were 42 games they didnt get this many.

If United win their last 4 it will give them their highest ever league points total. Even when there were 42 games they didnt get this many.

Interesting fact that. they had a dip too. It makes our dip more frustrating, but also demonstrates how far we have come. All teams have dips. Our recovery from ours came slightly too late, but it bodes well for next season (I know, we say this every year, but i think we are much closer now than ever).

This is the type of test that will either leave us salivating at the prospect of next season's challenge or fearing the same old problems haven't quite been addressed. I'm actually quite confident that we'll win. There is a steely determination about our team now, along with a calm sense of self-confidence in their ability to win when the chips are down and against the best sides. If we put our strongest available side out, I think we'll win without too much bother - assuming at least one of the two big guns is fit enough to approximate his usual quality.

This is the type of test that will either leave us salivating at the prospect of next season's challenge or fearing the same old problems haven't quite been addressed. I'm actually quite confident that we'll win. There is a steely determination about our team now, along with a calm sense of self-confidence in their ability to win when the chips are down and against the best sides. If we put our strongest available side out, I think we'll win without too much bother - assuming at least one of the two big guns is fit enough to approximate his usual quality.

Why do you see it that way? Our problem to me is 451 park the bus, no space for us to play into. West Ham are 442 open football space all over the place, win the midfield and win the game.

Why do you see it that way? Our problem to me is 451 park the bus, no space for us to play into. West Ham are 442 open football space all over the place, win the midfield and win the game.

They didn't play that way at Anfield, if I recall correctly (which I will readily concede may not be the case; my memory is getting ever shitter). They were very solid and compact.