You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham Thread

aws

This one is going to be hard work especially if Torres isn't fully fit. I hope we don't start believing all the hype like we seemed to do after our last pasting of the geordies.

I'd pick the same side as for newcastle with Riera dropping out for torres (assuming he starts).

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a massive game; if we don't win, then our season is over. We've got to treat is a cup final (a cliché, I know, but true nevertheless!). We play a day before the Mancs so we can go back to the top of the table with a win, and despite what people may say, that does put pressure on the Mancs going into a big derby.

The worry for me, is the fact that the Mancs seem to be playing well now and have come through their poor spell (where they continued winning, the jammy cunts).

We just have to hope that the breaks will start going against them and that we'll be there to take advantage. Nothing would be more frustrating than to see us drop points on Saturday, only for them to lose on Sunday.

Let's keep the pressure on and be able to look back and say that we won 10 out of our last 11 games and just came up short, (or gloriously nicked it if they slip up).

I'd go with this team:

------------Reina

Arbeloa--Carra--Agger--Aurelio

Kuyt--Alonso--Mascherano--Benayoun

----------Gerrard

----------Torres

This one is going to be hard work especially if Torres isn't fully fit. I hope we don't start believing all the hype like we seemed to do after our last pasting of the geordies.

I'd pick the same side as for newcastle with Riera dropping out for torres (assuming he starts).

I am starting to feel the nerves. I deperately want us to win all our remaining matches. i would hate for United to slip up and us not take advantage. that would be the hardest thing to take. I would be delighted going into the last match of the season 3 points behind them (preferably level though of course). If Hull are still at risk then it could be a real thriller.

I don't think there is even a slight chance of us winning the title. My biggest hope was that Arsenal will give 2 tough CL games but the cunts finished the tie in 100 mins without breaking sweat. And they look more sharper and fitter whoever they put into the pitch.

However, I badly want us to win the 3 games, starting with West ham and make sure we finish 2nd. We could do without the 2 big CL qualifiers, especially when we are touring the far east in the summer. Also we will earn more in the CL if we finish 2nd instead of 3rd. And, it will be our highest points total under Rafa. To be honest, I will be disgusted if we don't win any of the 3 remaining games.

This match reminds me of Spurs away in 01/02. Game 36, away to a decent London, similar distance behind the leaders and not looking like closing the gap despite being on a great run...

Imperative we keep up the pressure. They've got City-Wigan-Arsenal in a week, anything can happen in those games.

Brownie's team should be played if everyone is fit. A few weeks ago, looking into our run ins, it was the City and arse games where Utd could slip up, and this one where we could. The prospect of going top should be the players motivation, and we need to get behind them fully. Forever blowing bubbles? You will be when we're running rings around your defence! COME ON REDS!

They may be in 7th but they're one point off being 11th. Last 6: D W L D L W

So they are hardly in scintillating form they also have a goal difference of only +1.

If Gerrard and Torres are fit we will win no question about it.

They're a good side to be fair and hard to beat at Upton Park. We lost there last year didn't we?

Zola has done a decent but not earth shattering job at West Ham. He has them playing football, and unlike earlier in the season when they needed points and played more defensively they've opened up a bit now. In a football game, and given the intensity of our current football, I believe we will win.

Looking forward to Saturday, even though I have the longest day ever planned.

Getting coach down at 7.20am. Get into London at 11.30am. Coach home isn't until 11.30pm, getting in at 5.30am.

If we lose, I'll be pissed off after that! Saying that, I'm planning on getting so drunk I won't remember half of it anyway.

Agree with the team posts - same as last week except Torres for Riera if fit.

I'm also nervous about it.

We should really beat West Ham. I expect us to do so with or without Torres. The worrying thing is that when Torres has returned from injuries this year he's either looked a) still injured or b) off the pace or c) worried about getting injured.

There are a few positives:

City are playing well at the minute.

Arsenal will want revenge for their CL humiliation.

However, i can't help thinking that those 2 goals against Villa were the killers. Changed everything...

This was always going to be the tough one out of the final fixtures. We need to win the league for Sami's domestic completion so going top of the table with 2 games to go for us is a start. And all I could have hoped for at the beginning of the season too.

This was always going to be the tough one out of the final fixtures. We need to win the league for Sami's domestic completion so going top of the table with 2 games to go for us is a start. And all I could have hoped for at the beginning of the season too.

Absolutely. With each passing week, the terrible draws earlier in the season anger me less and less. Of course they're still frustrating, and of course they're all the more frustrating now that we are so close. But regardless of how we've got there, the possibility of being top (albeit temporarily) in May, with the added possibility of 86 points come the end of the season (a total that I believe would have won an awful lot of titles in the last twenty years), was one I would have gladly have taken in August. Next year, we win it all.

going top on sat will put some pressure on them and we have done well this year. I would have not predicted we would have been in this position if you had told me in the summer that gerrard and torres would have only started 11 games together and in most of those been unfit.

Sat is very tough but we play before united and there are simply no excuses, we have beaten far better teams than west ham over the years, this is all about our bottle and coping with pressure.

They then have 3 games in a week knowing they can be champions in 10 days time, we need some divine intervention and robinho and arshavin to do us a massive favour