You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have played Spurs twice this season both draws,alright they won the last one on penalties.And both times Spurs out played them,a draw for me.

Boro away,in between a CL Semi final.A weakened team up against a team fighting for its life.And also a team that has abit of hoodo over the mancs.Another draw.

Then a derby against City when they could be on a low after getting knocked out of the CL.Wouldn't it be ironic a team with one of the worst away records going to old toilet and getting a win.

Then three days later they face Wigan and then a 12.45 on the Saturday against the gooners.

They'll be going to Hull hanging on for second place.

Sorry to be pedantic, but they've played Spurs three times. They played them in the FA Cup at Old Trafford and won.

Ha ha- I love how JK1980 repped me when he meant to neg me for my above comment!

Who's the "idiot" now?

He can't neg.

And he can't post or make tags either.

Wigan and Spurs will both give them a game. Doesn't matter about whether the managers are pally with Ferguson, the players won't just roll over coz their manager is mates with their manager.

I expect both of them, as well as Spurs, Boro and hopefully Hull if they haven't already gone down, to give them a game.

Players want to perform against the very best. Partularly players at a smaller club who may see it as a shop window on Sky. The idea that other managers don't want to beat Man Utd because of a friendship/respect for Ferguson is absurd.

But that's both nonsense and wishful thinking. Paul Hart after the match on Wednesday said that he was "delighted" with the result because he feared getting a tanking and thus affecting their goal difference - with ambitions like that( ie to limit the number of goals conceded), you cannot possibly tell me that players are performing to the best of their ability.

United won't win the league this year - or last year - because of their record against the big clubs: they will win because they invariably do the "double" over teams placed lower than 6th. That's not just because they are remorseless, but that's also an indictment of the attitude of lower-placed managers. If you were a fan of Portsmouth, would you be "delighted" with "only" losing 2-0? Yet that is what their manager has said.

I mentioned on another thread how many games they play and how that could sway it for us on goal difference.

If they are dead on there feet now and they have to play Arsenal twice in europe along with Spurs and boro all in 12 days,then i can see points dropped.

They then play City,Wigan & Arsenal in the space of 10 days!

I know its a long shot but teams will not be playing the real Utd over the next few weeks!

Keep the faith.

City wont give them a game....not with Richard Dunne playing CB. Only hope is that Shay Given has one of those games.

On the thread subject of what Ballague said, I seem to remember hearing that Tevez and Masch didnt get on to well when they were at Corinthians (? ). If it's true at all then, I would have thought its more likely to be a player who is pissed off like Nani....