You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

England

Bob

A-fuckin-men

Quite sad but my FB status last night was something like "Andy is wearing his Spain shirt. Fuck of Ingurlund". I got loads of stick for that. Most people outside of Merseyside just don't get it. Being at Uni i know loads of lads from around the country and they think im outrageous for my view, they dont understand it at all. My responses where :

Ingurlund is for southerners and small clubs fans from small insignificant inbred towns to have their big day out watching decent players and travelling the world as their own clubs will never get that opportunity

insignificant distraction. no mark team, no mark neanderthal cave dwelling fans. shite

Bullshit, why would i want to chear for London FC? Fuck that

Id rather concentrate my efforts on supporting a club who doesnt boo their own players when they touch the ball, who doesnt have classless inbred fucks booing national anthems, who doesnt spend most of the match singing about the germans and the IRA, who doesnt feel they have to trash up wich ever foriegn city they visit, who doesnt sing shite like "your not signing any more" "who are ya" and "eassssy easssyy".

I cant relate to any of that

That sums up my views on Ingurlund. Less Liverpool players in the squad the better. Ill be delighted the day i wake up and find out Stevie's fucked the knuckle dragging cave dwellers off too.

I reckon that day is coming ever closer. From the way Benitez spoke after the Everton or Pompey game when asked about if he'd make the England match I'd imagine himself and the captain have discussed how he's treated by Capello and the England set up. Wouldn't be surprised if he retired before 2010.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Righto.

I am of English (Scouse) descent and have lived in England for 15 years and I still find the 'I'm not English, I am Scouse/Manc/Cornish..etc' attitude a little odd..

Have you travelled much Tom? Geniune question and not meant to be condescending. if people start to bag England in any way, do you find yourself joining in?

fair question mate, and I see where you're coming from. I know people who've practially never left Liverpool and they develop a bit of a siege mentality about it, so it's a fair point to make.

But I've been to every continent on earth, except the Antarctic and I moved away from Liverpool 10 years ago, so that's not it for me.

And no, I never join in. I don't even watch England games in nine times out of ten instances. Just like I don't watch any other club games apart from Liverpool, on the whole. Or rugby. I'm just not interested. It's fucking shit.

I enjoyed the last Euros far more than any tournament in years, a major factor in that was that Ingurlund weren't in it.

I just find it completely pointless. As proven by nobody having yet provided me with one single solid reason for the existence of international football. It's a total waste of time. Above anything else, the standard is just fucking shit. It's not even good to watch most of the time.

As proven by nobody having yet provided me with one single solid reason for the existence of international football. .

What sort of reasons are you looking for?

The players obviously want to represent their country and the fans enjoy watching England at major tournaments. What other reasons do you need?

I can't pretend to understand where you are coming from though in the rest of your post, Tom! People who don't follow England on here appear quite het up about the whole thing!

I know players may WANT to represent their country, but what benefit does it serve to anyone?

Once upion a time you could say that it was a step up in class and improved them as players. That's simply no longer the case. It's a considerable step down.

I'm not saying people don't want it, I'm just saying it's totally pointless. Like Jade Goody.

I know players may WANT to represent their country, but what benefit does it serve to anyone?

Once upion a time you could say that it was a step up in class and improved them as players. That's simply no longer the case. It's a considerable step down.

I'm not saying people don't want it, I'm just saying it's totally pointless. Like Jad Goody.

I agree, really. I find them an irratation, really. OOO WORLD CUP QUALS!!!! GUESS WHAT?! THEY ARE RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR LEAGUE CAMPAIGN!!!!

Fuck off.

I think that Internationals should go to 21 years old and Stop.

It should be about developing youth talent and not 'showcasing' developed talent.

Footballers are big bucks and everyone wants a piece of the pie and they don't care if they injure players which would affect their 'owners'.

The chances of players injuring themselves in an int'l are far less than injuring themselves playing for their club.

A lot of players are proud to play for their country - they are not obliged to do so - and why should that privilege be taken away from because of a vast minority of football fans who seem to take issue with int'l football?

The chances of players injuring themselves in an int'l are far less than injuring themselves playing for their club.

A lot of players are proud to play for their country - they are not obliged to do so - and why should that privilege be taken away from because of a vast minority of football fans who seem to take issue with int'l football?

I disagree.

They are either playing in a tournament when they should be doing light training/resting.

Or playing in a match when they should be resting.

The final outcome is increased strain on the body which leads to more injury.

I disagree.

They are either playing in a tournament when they should be doing light training/resting.

Or playing in a match when they should be resting.

The final outcome is increased strain on the body which leads to more injury.

You are starting to think of the players as commodities, which I guess to an extent, they are.

But going down the road of denying them the privilege of playing for their countries because they are 'owned' by the clubs is a dangerous one I think.

You are starting to think of the players as commodities, which I guess to an extent, they are.

But going down the road of denying them the privilege of playing for their countries because they are 'owned' by the clubs is a dangerous one I think.

Why is it?

It doesn't benefit the players in any way, aside from massaging their egos. And it certainly doesn't benefit the clubs in any way either.

Your sole argument for international football is "but the players want to play for their country"

So what? It's not of any benefit to them either.

Good discussion this

Sucess for the reds is paramount but winning the world cup would be fucking excellent too I reckon.

When watching England I like to exploit the fickle nature of the football fan by accepting that players such as rooney or cole are playing for my country so I can allow myself to support them.

However, the following week when they've got chav or mank colours on again I can easily switch back into normal mode and scream all kinds of bile ridden abuse at the dirty cheating little cunts.

It's my perogative, dah dah de lah da dah.

Why is it?

It doesn't benefit the players in any way, aside from massaging their egos. And it certainly doesn't benefit the clubs in any way either.

Your sole argument for international football is "but the players want to play for their country"

There are certain financial spin-offs for international players. 'Brand Beckham' would never have come about on the back of his scum career, as a utd player alone very few people outside of the vermin would buy his pants or whatever his wife uses to disguise the smell of her cunt. I think it also helps expose the lower grade international players to another tier of scouting which can result in a move or be used as a lever in contract negotiations.

I can't see any benefit for the clubs themselves, or us as supporters of our club. I particularly detest other coaches, who may be working for other clubs now or in the future, having access to our players and gaining inside info that they may later be able to exploit.

I have given two reasons for international football. 1) Players want to play; and 2) Fans want to watch. As I asked earlier, what other reasons do you need?

They are the two fundamental reasons behind any (professional) sport.

I thought I supported England until last week when it became clear after 5 minutes of Spain v England that I wanted Spain to win. I think for me it boils down to supporting Liverpool players - if Gerrard had started perhaps I would have hankered for a draw (interesting that I'm not absolutely sure though)

A-fuckin-men

Quite sad but my FB status last night was something like "Andy is wearing his Spain shirt. Fuck of Ingurlund". I got loads of stick for that. Most people outside of Merseyside just don't get it. Being at Uni i know loads of lads from around the country and they think im outrageous for my view, they dont understand it at all. My responses where :

Ingurlund is for southerners and small clubs fans from small insignificant inbred towns to have their big day out watching decent players and travelling the world as their own clubs will never get that opportunity

insignificant distraction. no mark team, no mark neanderthal cave dwelling fans. shite

Bullshit, why would i want to chear for London FC? Fuck that

Id rather concentrate my efforts on supporting a club who doesnt boo their own players when they touch the ball, who doesnt have classless inbred fucks booing national anthems, who doesnt spend most of the match singing about the germans and the IRA, who doesnt feel they have to trash up wich ever foriegn city they visit, who doesnt sing shite like "your not signing any more" "who are ya" and "eassssy easssyy".

I cant relate to any of that

That sums up my views on Ingurlund. Less Liverpool players in the squad the better. Ill be delighted the day i wake up and find out Stevie's fucked the knuckle dragging cave dwellers off too.

Rantastic! Repped.

• 1 month later...
Not true. It's often not the games themselevs taht cause the problems. It's the differing training methods, differing in intensity, speed, emphasis on different muscle groups etc.

See fernando Torres as a prime example of how a different training regime can seriously fuck you up when you're a top athlete.

But that's not why I hate Ingurlund. I hate them mostly because of the mentality of teh fans and because I simply can not and will not ever get behind shitbags like John Terry and Fwank Lumplard.

I'd rather saw of my own cock with a rusty spoon.

Good point, that is something i have never considered and goes to show how little I myself and the average football supporter actually understand's football, never mind the top flight. We think we are experts, we always know what the best solution for the team is. How wrong we are. And you have to understand the mentality of the England fan's, not condemn it. It's not just England fan's who are oozing with idiotic belief's and attitude's, it's the whole of humanity. That's why most of the stuff you read on forum's is the expression of idiot's. All men are pure in their own eye's.

And give me one good reason why having our players play international football is a good thing. Just one.

The only one I can think of is that, if there's an international approaching, then they may just up their game for us. That's it. There are NO other benefits.

It robs them of rest. It means extensive travel. It means difernt training methods (going from zonal to man marking etc) which can disrupt upon return to club football. The standard of football is considerably lower than that in our own league, with the exception of one game every few years, where they're usuallly given a fucking lesson anyway and don't even compete. The injuries. The gobshite fans. The media pressure....

need I really go on??

Modern International football exists SOLELY to give people who support teams like Grimsby something to cheer about.

When i said not having any Liverpool player's in the England side is a bad thing, i did it from the assumption that to me it would mean not having any talented homegrown player's playing for Liverpool anymore. Say for instance Jay Spearing was to become a player of high quality and Capello said 'here you go lad, i'm putting you in my squad for the World Cup'. Would you prefer Spearing to say 'Actually no thank's Fabio, i mean i'm not going to risk getting injured through your training method's in order play against the Like's of Argentina and Brazil. Think i'm gonna stay on The Wirral this summer and wash everyone's car on our estate'. Do you desire a squad full of Argentinian's, or Jamaican's perhaps ? Maybe this would prove to be better for the club. You could even bring back Graeme Souness in some capacity and have him dance in front of The Kop at half time, wearing a leopard skin thong and a top hat. Maybe this would be the improvement LFC need's, just like when you said the other week Rafa need's to go.......hahahahahahahahahahaha. I don't know whether to laugh or cry mate.

And Modern International doesn't exist to give people who support team's like Grimsby something to cheer about. It exist's because the people love it, and it bring's people together, regardless of 40 Chelsea skinhead's throwing Big Mac's at a load of Tunisian's.

By the way i know i sound like a smartarse cunt but this is my view. I don't wanna wind you up cause you look like a fucking loon in that picture.

When i said not having any Liverpool player's in the England side is a bad thing, i did it from the assumption that to me it would mean not having any talented homegrown player's playing for Liverpool anymore. Say for instance Jay Spearing was to become a player of high quality and Capello said 'here you go lad, i'm putting you in my squad for the World Cup'. Would you prefer Spearing to say 'Actually no thank's Fabio, i mean i'm not going to risk getting injured through your training method's in order play against the Like's of Argentina and Brazil. Think i'm gonna stay on The Wirral this summer and wash everyone's car on our estate'. Do you desire a squad full of Argentinian's, or Jamaican's perhaps ? Maybe this would prove to be better for the club. You could even bring back Graeme Souness in some capacity and have him dance in front of The Kop at half time, wearing a leopard skin thong and a top hat. Maybe this would be the improvement LFC need's, just like when you said the other week Rafa need's to go.......hahahahahahahahahahaha. I don't know whether to laugh or cry mate.

And Modern International doesn't exist to give people who support team's like Grimsby something to cheer about. It exist's because the people love it, and it bring's people together, regardless of 40 Chelsea skinhead's throwing Big Mac's at a load of Tunisian's.

By the way i know i sound like a smartarse cunt but this is my view. I don't wanna wind you up cause you look like a fucking loon in that picture.

Things is, any player called up fir England duty is unlikely to be playing against Brazil and Argentina though, and least of all in any kind of competitive game! Maybe every 6-8 years they'll get a match of that magnitude that actually means something. WOO!

They're much more likely to be involved in a pointless friendly against some no-mark part timers or have a role in a qualfying game against a team with players in it no better than what they face on a weekly basis in their own league and on their own training ground.

So they learn nothing, risk injury, have their regular training methods disrupted, and as is the case THIS WEEK, it throws a massive unwelcome fucking spanner in to the momentum that we've just worked so hard to build over the last few games!

So it doesn't benefit the players as players, and so it certainly doesn't benefit us. And as "us" is my main priority I see no point in it.

20 years+ ago I could genuinly see the benefit in players getting international experience, as they'd be sent to play against and with great international players who they would learn a lot from. Different coaching techniques and a more cosmopolitan approach to games But these days there are better players in their own squads in most instances, and they play against the same or better players on a weekly basis and they experience top international coaches on a sometimes daily basis!

I know what you say about the players "wanting to play" as well. But all that is just for their fucking egos. It's not benefitting them as players and they're kidding themselves if they think it is. And so are you.

I'm not saying people don't want it, I'm just saying it's totally pointless. Like Jade Goody.

And I see that my curse has struck again!

RIP Jade Goody

YNWA

etc