You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Isn't it time that the club "did a Ferguson" and officially protested about this joker? Whenever we have him in charge of our games - and he's had more of our games than anyone else this year - my heart sinks. Yesterday Lucas committed 2 fouls (the first not even a foul) and got 2 yellow cards - never mind Pienaar's deliberate stamp on Arbeloa in the first half (which under FIFA rules was an automatic red card), or the 6 other offences he committed; never mind Cahill's elbow (again, he saw it and penalised it, so it has to be an automatic red); never mind Lescott going through the back of Babel later on and not even getting a booking. But it's hardly new - Wiley of course was the man who sent Reina off when Robben took that embarrassing dive a few years ago; Wiley was the man who disallowed Crouch's perfectly legitimate goal in the 2006 Cup Final; and Wiley gave the most one-sided and biased refereeing performqance I have ever had the misfortune to witness when we somehow beat Blackburn 3-1 last season despite every effort from him. Indeed, his first game at Anfield saw him send Gerrard off despite David Batty, then at Leeds, pleading with him not to!

In short, he's a f+cking cheat. Whenever we get him, he looks to penalise us. He's as bad as Steve Bennett and MArtin Atkinson for bias against us, and surely as a club we need to make an official protest, as United do so frequently.

* - it doesn't explain our defeat yesterday, or in any way is an excuse, but Wiley is a cheat and it's about time we got mad!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it time that the club "did a Ferguson" and officially protested about this joker? Whenever we have him in charge of our games - and he's had more of our games than anyone else this year - my heart sinks. Yesterday Lucas committed 2 fouls (the first not even a foul) and got 2 yellow cards - never mind Pienaar's deliberate stamp on Arbeloa in the first half (which under FIFA rules was an automatic red card), or the 6 other offences he committed; never mind Cahill's elbow (again, he saw it and penalised it, so it has to be an automatic red); never mind Lescott going through the back of Babel later on and not even getting a booking. But it's hardly new - Wiley of course was the man who sent Reina off when Robben took that embarrassing dive a few years ago; Wiley was the man who disallowed Crouch's perfectly legitimate goal in the 2006 Cup Final; and Wiley gave the most one-sided and biased refereeing performqance I have ever had the misfortune to witness when we somehow beat Blackburn 3-1 last season despite every effort from him. Indeed, his first game at Anfield saw him send Gerrard off despite David Batty, then at Leeds, pleading with him not to!

In short, he's a f+cking cheat. Whenever we get him, he looks to penalise us. He's as bad as Steve Bennett and MArtin Atkinson for bias against us, and surely as a club we need to make an official protest, as United do so frequently.

* - it doesn't explain our defeat yesterday, or in any way is an excuse, but Wiley is a cheat and it's about time we got mad!

Wiley let Lucas off with a trip on Baines in the first half. Lucas brought it on himself.

Never ever say the c word about a ref.

Any other word but not that one as due to being a ref myself I take great exception to it as do all refs.

And btw have you ever tried being a ref - no thought not - maybe if you did you would understand a bit more.

Some of what you say is right in that yes he could have been harsher on some of the EFC fouls but he was trying to keep 11 on the field and I applaud that. Certainly none of the EFC players did further cardable offences after their yellow whilst Mr Lucas' foul for his second yellow was a 'nailed on' card imo. If the lad engaged his brain when he was playing footy like when you are on a card do not commit rash challenges (or for that matter do not make rash challenges in the penalty area when 1-0 up away from home in the last 10 minutes of a game) then LFC may stand a better chance of winning games when he is on the pitch.

This thread has Evertonian hallmarks about it. Let's, all of us, collectively, man the fuck up, and enough of the "everybody hates us" woe-is-me nonsense.

He had a pretty good game last night, by the way. OK, the first Lucas booking wasn't a booking, but the second one was and two wrongs don't make a right.

to be fair to the ref it was an impossible game to referee,he should have sent cahill off though.that was a blatant elbow and he meant it.he looked at carra first then done him big time,if it was any other player they would have rolled around on the floor for days, carra done him a big favour by getting up quickly,

Anyone who thinks Lucas should have seen red last night, doesn't know fuck all about football. The Cunt ref had booked 3 blueshite players and then decided that he'd better even things out or Moyes (with all his dignity and class), would start moaning to the media again.

It's not about Lucas, or defeat yesterday. It's about the consistent behaviour of Wiley in games he referees involving Liverpool going back for years: yes, I think "cheat" is a word I would use advisedly about him if "cheating" means a failure to be impartial. Why is it small-time to point out the facts in games when he's involved?

Anyone who thinks Lucas should have seen red last night, doesn't know fuck all about football. The Cunt ref had booked 3 blueshite players and then decided that he'd better even things out or Moyes (with all his dignity and class), would start moaning to the media again.

As I said he should have been booked for his foul on Baines, and he kept at it. Just a matter of time before he went.

Rafa should let the boy go, for his sake as well as ours, as he's not going to make it here.

Usually I find Alan Wiley to be amongst the best officials in the country, but he has been seriously poor in our last 2 games. He had a stinker against Hull and last night was one of the poorest displays of officiating I have ever seen. Lucas gets sent off but that little shit tip Pienaar gets away with foul after foul, and one tackle was, arguably, a straight red.

He is capable of much, much better.

As a general point and not necessarily from an LFC point of view ( and interested in Crackers view on this ) there seems to have been a real dip in refereeing / linesmen standards this season .

I have never seen so many inept performances and outright poor decision making in one season before , at a time when the increased professionalism brought on by their full time status should mean exactly the opposite.

I think Hackett needs to get his thumb out of his backside and earn his considerable salary , as the standards are in freefall.

Just for the sake of accuracy, Ys - Lucas did do niggling little fouls during the game, but only the one he got a second yellow for was cardable - the first wasn't even a foul, never mind a card. Fellaini, Pienaar and Cahill all did much worse and stayed on - and Neville wasn't far behind. It was inconsistent reffing of the most spectacular type.

A referee apologising to a manager is plain wrong in my opinion, as Wiley did with ginger balls earlier in the season. Like fuck was he going to upset him again. We all either learn to accept the "shit happens" mantra or we accept a high turnover of referees. Saint Dave though, what a cunt. Why should anyone fucking apologise to him? Who the fuck does he think he is, the football oracle?

the first yellow for lucas was embarrasingly poor, however Lucas can only have himself to blame for the red. He knew he was on a yellow, and as that was the case, he should have known better than to commit the second foul, which was without doubt worthy of a second.