You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where is your plan B, Rafa?

kidney

I'm sure it was an exaggeration by me to say Rafa and Houllier never coached attack, but if they did then it was not very successful.

We are a team that has been coached for years almost solely to defend. It's a matter of record that neither Houllier, nor Benitez, nor Hodgson, coach attacking.

You said it was on record, you didn't just make a claim.

. When someone misrepresents me and throws insults around, why should I respond sensibly?

Looking back.

Quite frankly Gary Twat Legend, I don't care to debate with idiots. Have fun now.

I thought you liked it? Why start off a discussion that way if not?

And I've got plenty to say, just not to random gobshites who start off with insults and then pretend they've "won" when people don't want to play their stupid game.

Classy debating tactic, blert. Now fuck off.

dawson-crying.jpg

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Disgusting' Rafael Benitez to blame for Liverpool's despair, claims Steve Bruce

Last updated at 7:28 PM on 24th September 2010

Comments (0)

Add to My Stories

Steve Bruce has launched an astonishing attack on former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez and blamed him for the Anfield club's current despair.

The Sunderland manager, already guaranteed a hostile reception from Liverpool supporters today because of his playing days at Manchester United, also accused the new Inter Milan boss of unsettling Kenwyne Jones last season and disrupting Sunderland's League campaign in the process.

'I thought Rafa Benitez's behaviour towards us last year was absolutely disgusting and it did affect our season,' said Bruce. 'Roy Hodgson would not go down that route just to highlight Liverpool's problems. That is what Rafa Benitez did with his pursuit of Kenwyne on loan and all that nonsense.'

Bruce continued his attack by saying that Hodgson, who was appointed as Benitez's successor in July, had inherited 'a very difficult job' and that this week's shock Carling Cup exit was proof that the squad Benitez left behind was not strong enough.

Bruce said: 'If you look at what he has inherited and the money Rafa Benitez spent, I would expect Roy to think he'd have more strength and depth than he's got.

'He has inherited a fantastic club with history and tradition and he's always got the likes of Gerrard, Torres and Cole. But he has inherited a hard job.

'I know one thing - he will conduct himself far better than the previous manager and they'll be a lot more respected by all of us in the game.'

Sunderland have an abysmal record at Anfield. Their last goal there was scored 10 years ago today, and their last victory at the ground was in October 1983, one of only two in the last 50 years.

But Bruce warned his players about a Liverpool backlash, saying: 'What you always fear with the big teams is that they are angry and wounded and want to restore some pride.'