You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Angels and Demons

Wig

I bought it just before my hols and read the lot. It's a great read read by Dan Brown and I know they are filming it now, in Rome, for it's release next year.

I thought The Da Vinci code book was miles better than the film but I reckon angels and demons could give the book a good run for the money, thats if Ron Howard gets it right.

Anyone read it?

no, but will nosey.

i saw the boy in the striped pyjamas advertised for release the end of this month, now that should be quality, probably one of the shortest books i have ever read but one that stuck in memory. Look forward to seeing if the film can make the cut.

:yes:

Ive read it, it wasnt bad.

But the setup was too similar to the Da Vinci Code for me to fully enjoy it, and its put me off reading anything else by Dan Brown as Im scared it will be in the same mould.

thats the problem i had with the da vinci code, i think he realised he was on to a winner with the whole religion angle in angels and demons but carried it on too much in the da vinci code. ive read all of his published books so far and do have to say they are similar but still enjoyable reads.

Read the first haf of the book but agree with Alex in that it was very similar to Da Vinci but I think they will make it a better film than Da Vinci Code .

Any release dates ?

On another note I have seen the last supper picture in Milan and found it funny that some builders knocked through the wall and nearly ruined the whole painting .

Read a bit of the Da Vinci code because people kept fucking mythering me but thought the style was a bit shit and decided to use it as a doorstop instead. If I wanted to read Barbara Taylor Bradford I'd cut my penis off and buy a yorkshire terrier. (I don't actually know what that means)

To be fair the Da Vinci codes a pretty good read, just not as iconic as they make it.

People talk about it as though it's fact too, one of our old neighbours started rambling on at me once about The Little Mermaid and how Disney had planted clues in its films about the true nature of christ.

I mean seriously, what the fuck.

People talk about it as though it's fact too, one of our old neighbours started rambling on at me once about The Little Mermaid and how Disney had planted clues in its films about the true nature of christ.

Hehehehe, turn all the girls under 10 into a religious cult through subliminal messages.

Because in the preface he waffles on about a load of nonsense and parades it as fact.

There was no Priory Of Sion it was a myth perpetrated by two Frenchmen Pierre Plantard & Gérard de Sède.

The Da Vinci Code was influenced by The Holy Blood & The Holy Grail by Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh & Henry Lincoln. Which in turn relied heavily on the Plantard con.

It's a load of fucking shit, and so was the story.

I liked Angels and Demons, thought it was better than the Da Vinci Code (which I also liked). Shame I read them in the wrong order though. Ron Howard has no excuse, he should have made Angels and Demons first, but I guess he had to ride the wave. Angels and Demons will be a shit film if he directs it, as he completely ruined the Da Vinci Code. The Fonz should have slapped him when he had the chance.

Because in the preface he waffles on about a load of nonsense and parades it as fact.

There was no Priory Of Sion it was a myth perpetrated by two Frenchmen Pierre Plantard & Gérard de Sède.

The Da Vinci Code was influenced by The Holy Blood & The Holy Grail by Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh & Henry Lincoln. Which in turn relied heavily on the Plantard con.

It's a load of fucking shit, and so was the story.

To be honest I thought Holy Blood & Holy Grail was an interesting read, more interesting than Dan Brown's rubbish. Rubbish not because people think he's making fiction out of biblical stuff, which personally I think is fiction as well. Its rubbish because of the stupid "!suspense at the last page before next chapter!" way he writes it.