You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa is not silly he know he has no job to go to till next season and has his daughters education to think about.

When he wants to go he´ll just slag the owners off in public they will sack him and give pay off his contract, I can seriously see a swap between Inter and us

If Rafa left I reckon A.C. Milan would be in there like a shot.

Fucking American cowboys.

Lose Rafa and we're in the shit, end of. Whole new back room and i could see 3 or 4 of our top players wanting to fuck off straight away.

Thank fuck he hasn't left us in the shit like i bet 90% of managers would have if they were publicly humiliated by their know nothing chairmen time and again.

Nightmare scenario but at the end of the day we are Liverpool Football Club we have survived worse.

Maybe in hindsight Moores and Parry should have learnt a lesson about two people being in charge, the last time it was managers this time it is ownership of the club.

Both times the stupid greedy fuckers got it wrong.

We have two owners who apparently still do not see eye to eye, one wanted to sack Parry mid season. Rafa and Parry have their differences. If that is not one big mess right there then I do not know what is.

Good old DM what a guy.

Nightmare scenario but at the end of the day we are Liverpool Football Club we have survived worse.

Maybe in hindsight Moores and Parry should have learnt a lesson about two people being in charge, the last time it was managers this time it is ownership of the club.

Both times the stupid greedy fuckers got it wrong.

We have two owners who apparently still do not see eye to eye, one wanted to sack Parry mid season. Rafa and Parry have their differences. If that is not one big mess right there then I do not know what is.

Good old DM what a guy.

The clubs been in the shit from the minute they took over hasn't it. We only know the true extent of it because of Rafa's public outburst last year and things haven't changed. Rafa's the one guy holding the thing together as he has been for a while now. We've been a club in turmoil for 18 months and he's still dragged us to a CL semi and a respectable league performance, as well as getting a really good squad together that isn't far short of what he needs to be able to really challange for the title.

If he goes I will be in despair. Total despair. This shit is embarassig and i just hope he stays, i'm mega worried about this season and our future right now. Those cunts need to fuck off but can anyone really see it happening soon? I can't see Rafa outlasting them right now and this is awful preperation for the season ahead.

So much for opening day optimism....

Couldn't disagree any more. Someone like Mourinho would come, i'm certain of it. Not that I want the shit-coated prick but just an example. Anyone who wouldn't want to manage Liverpool would need their head examining.

If money is such an issue, then why did Rafa come here in the first place?!

Manager's aren't as motivated by money as players are.

Brownie, I am absolutely certain that you are right. However, I wonder how attractive the value proposition of becoming a Liverpool manager is at present given the situation - dissenting owners, a potentially reduced transfer budget, a self-serving CEO - these are just some of the challenges a top manager would deal with. If I was a Capello or Mourinho etc, I would think that the situation is not ideal for success.

drama queens, the club is bigger than any player or manager it is an institution

does Barce fall apart because Rijkaard got the boot? no. and he won them titles and a european cup.

does Ranieri threaten to quit Juve because they didnt stump up for Alonso? no, he signed someone for half the price and gets on with it

the director of football at those clubs has a lot of power but in some cases they're also subjected to the president or the polls in the sports magazines, none of which will be clamouring for players such as Gareth Barry

I can imagine Rafa wanting a strong DM and then watch with horror as his president spends all summer chasing Ronaldo, i wonder how he would feel about that

Rebel, no one is disputing the potential merits of a Director of Football with you. I think you would agree that a candidate for this position is typically a man with some form of football experience e.g. former player. Maybe the difference in our situation is a CEO (experience in running a club) managing player transfers?

drama queens, the club is bigger than any player or manager it is an institution

does Barce fall apart because Rijkaard got the boot? no. and he won them titles and a european cup.

does Ranieri threaten to quit Juve because they didnt stump up for Alonso? no, he signed someone for half the price and gets on with it

Ridiculous comparisons.

Rijkaard left a club in a much more stable position than us. We have incompetant oweners, huge debts, a clown for a Chief Executive and no money which means loading more and more debt on to the club. Totally different situation, especially as Rijkaard's cycle was clearly at an end and he'd taken the club as far as he could.

Ranieri and Juve couldn't/wouldn't pay the price for Alonso. He didn't have 3 know nothing wankers publically telling him he could spend 18m but not on a player they'd been chasing for 4 months who was his first choice 5 minutes before the season started.

If Rafa walked I wouldn't blame him. We're a fucking joke of a club up stairs. The Liverpool Way died the moment those 2 cunts got hold of this club and it's only going to get worse if Rafa leaves.

Not bothering to wait until they play a competive game with Guardiola in charge before jumping to that conclusion then?

And it's Barca, shurley?!

Would anyone give a fuck if Ranieri did quit?

Lose Rafa and we still move on no one is bigger than the club but having said that lose Rafa and we will get a yes man in and that isnt any good for getting rid of these two

Rafa should stay and he should be backed that is the top and bottom of it if he wants to stake his Job on Barry then that is what should happen then at the end of the season we review it and if he was wrong in a big way then its bye bye Rafa

to fail to back the manager and then say its shit or bust is piss poor and just another excample of these two at work

A manager manages let him do what he is paid for there job is to ensure he has the money to compete

Lose Rafa and we still move on no one is bigger than the club but having said that lose Rafa and we will get a yes man in and that isnt any good for getting rid of these two

Rafa should stay and he should be backed that is the top and bottom of it if he wants to stake his Job on Barry then that is what should happen then at the end of the season we review it and if he was wrong in a big way then its bye bye Rafa

to fail to back the manager and then say its shit or bust is piss poor and just another excample of these two at work

A manager manages let him do what he is paid for there job is to ensure he has the money to compete

I do honestly fear that Shitcoat (robbing that nickname) could come in straight away if Rafa went. He is disliked by Inter's fans and the Press are giving him hell over there. I hope to God that Rafa stays on.

I think we are balancing on a very thin line here, after recent events I will be surprised if Rafa will still be our manager come Christmas, but its always handy to get the excuses in early in case we fail to deliver in the league.

So far we have got:

1. The failure to buy Barry, who obviously would turn us into world beaters.

2. Lack of backing from the owners, the board etc.

We also have trouble on the left according to Rafa because Riise, Kewell, Leto etc no longer are here.

Well Rafa its a bit late to start thinking about that now is it not since this have been the case all summer.

When Rafa walks we will be in the shit, the manager who comes in will have a lot of rebuilding to do and a lot of deadwood to get rid of, for some reason I dont think he will value a few of the players we have got in the same way Rafa does.

According to todays reports Rafa has been considering leaving three times already so I for one completely agree with not backing the manager 100% in everything he wants if the board after some consideration does not feel that the deal is right.

I have advocated a sporting director model earlier and all this mess certainly wont make me change my mind.

I have advocated a sporting director model earlier and all this mess certainly wont make me change my mind.

I don't mind that model, however I don't think you can implement it while a manager is already in place. Restructuring like this would undermine any manager at a club if someone is appointed over his head.

In order for a DoF to work there must be a reasonable relationship with the manager, appointing one during a managers reign will almost certainly cause friction.

If and when a new manager is appointed a change in strucure should be considered

are they competeing with chelsea and united? no, will they win as many or have they won as many titles as rafa? no

are they competeing with chelsea and united? no, will they win as many or have they won as many titles as rafa? no

Rijkaard won 2 league titles and one european cup before getting the boot. as for Barce being stable, their boardroom is more split than ours with members trying to get rid of Laporta for a long time

Rijkaard won 2 league titles and one european cup before getting the boot. as for Barce being stable, their boardroom is more split than ours with members trying to get rid of Laporta for a long time

Rafa's won two spanish titles, a european cup, a uefa cup ,an fa cup, been runner up in cl and carling cup finals

16/08/2008

Response to Benitez quit report

Just after the story about Rafa Benitez thinking of quitting was published on our website on Friday evening, I got a call from the Spanish manager. It was a frank exchange of words and one thing became very clear: Rafa's commitment to Liverpool Football Club is absolute.

Rafa said “I am not thinking of leaving. My commitment with the club, the fans and the players is so big that just because I can be disappointed about different things, I won’t stop trying my best to achieve all of the targets that we have established as a team."

" My family and myself are very thankful to the club, the fans and the city and we will never give up fighting to get the best for Liverpool,” he added

From those words every one of you can come to their own conclusions. I think it is quite obvious that there are conflicts at the club and also that it was probably not good idea to come out with that kind of story just before the beginning of the season.

However, as I see it, that fact,coupled with Rafa’s words, does not change the content of what I wrote on Friday - and I stand by it completely.

It seems to me that there are two different forces working at the club that are sometimes pulling in different directions: something that the owners choose to ignore.

It is only normal that the manager despairs some times and even thinks about quitting. In periods of bonanza (when the team wins titles or outside the transfer market periods) there exists a creative relationship between manager and key members of the board; but there are other times, like in recent weeks, where the tension grows and it appears as if they are working against each other.

There remain questions that need to be answered. If Rafa was happy to let Xabi Alonso go to Juventus, why hasn’t he gone? If Rafa wanted the arrival of Gareth Barry prior to Robbie Keane, why hasn’t he come - and how is it that it has taken months for Liverpool to tell Aston Villa that their valuation of the player is too high? Whatever the manager wants is not always what he gets. Is that good for the club?

Guillem Balague Website

Rafa is not silly he know he has no job to go to till next season and has his daughters education to think about.

When he wants to go he´ll just slag the owners off in public they will sack him and give pay off his contract, I can seriously see a swap between Inter and us

and you'd love it mr nick.