You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aye. I entirely agree with you on that. However, I can't think of any footballer (in the same class as Voronin) turning down a 3/4 year contract for £30k/week and a full whole year rent paid for for his luxury flat.

One thing that gets on my nerves about him is he is fucking lazy. I can forgive lack of talent but I get furious when they just jog around doing fucking nothing.

I had Torres on player cam once and he did absolutely nothing for 5 whole mins. I was fuming. But then the twat scored 2 goals. :yes:

Hahaha yeah. Someone said it the other day, and it's spot on. Voronin worked really hard early on, but the last few weeks of the season he was a lazy fucker who didn't look arsed.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benitez was clearly impressed with Voronin, saying: "He is clever, has great game awareness and gives us so many more options in attack. He can play behind a main striker, lead the line himself, or come into the attack from the flanks."

There's what the Rafa man thinks. 15 apps ( Not sure how many starts) 5 goals and 3 assits is a fairly decent return.

Benitez was clearly impressed with Voronin, saying: "He is clever, has great game awareness and gives us so many more options in attack. He can play behind a main striker, lead the line himself, or come into the attack from the flanks."

There's what the Rafa man thinks. 15 apps ( Not sure how many starts) 5 goals and 3 assits is a fairly decent return.

Nemeth is quite capable of getting a similar return.

fuck the voro haters, I think he's a decent player who was really lacking in confidence towards the back end of the season (not helped by the moaning and groaning). nemeth isn't up to the standard of voronin as yet...he will be but don't delude yourself that he already is. personally I would have done a cantona style flying kick into the boo boys.

I think this is wrong. My opinion, and I think most fans know, is that his football is really not that good and sometimes I feel that he doesn't try hard enough in the premier league games. The pony-tail and dress sense are just particulars easy to be made fun of. If Torres was shit, there'd probably be jokes about his long hair or funny shorts or something.

That's my view on it as well.

30k a week is a lot better than the 56k that was doing the rounds. Just to think how it could have been all I had to do was grow the hair long, dress like a twat and be a lazy fuck on the pitch.

Two out of three aint bad, so near yet so far.

What about all the fans who applauded him on? They outnumbered the mongs by at least ten to one (I personally didn't hear a single boo).

Fuck Voronin. Those who booed him are dickheads, but so is he.

I didn't see it, but IF he was "shushhing the boo boys", then why do you assume he was also telling the ones who applauded to shut up as well?

Did he point at every corner of the ground or something?

The reception he gets is similar to Igor IMO. It's a kind of ironic cheer with a bit of sniggering.

The long and short of it is that he's not good enough and he can't be blamed for that. That said, I always got the impression Igor knew he wasn't good enough and was just making the most of it, whereas this fella seems to think he's something more than the journeyman that he is and it's just that we don't appreciate quite how good he is.

He's an average player that has somehow ended up playing for the best club in the World, therefore the only way he could endear himself with the fans is with 110% effort, a team ethic and a bit of humility, and sadly that's where he lets himself down.

Your support of Voronin is all nice and cosey and stuff, but it appears to be at odds with the outright poison you spewed on the far superior Crouch..........funny that.

Except Crouch wasn't and is not far superior... Also, the ridiculous stances on this board that overrated the tall man set my mind harder and harder against Crouch because I had to constantly argue the reality of Peter.

I can understand his frustrations. Booing your own players is seriously smalltime, especially a guy who hasn't done an awful lot wrong. I accept he's not that good, I accept he's nowhere near good enough for us but he's not been a destabilising influence in the dressing room, he's not moaning about a lack of game time and he's not been so awful on the field to make me believe he's so much as in the top 11 players that have worn the red shirt. He had every right to be pissed off at his treatment at the hands of the Anfield 'faithful' (and I use the term loosely for the idiots who booed him) but, as Chief Usher says, he's disrespecting the respectful majority who'll give him support despite a lack of conviction in him.

If he was so annoyed a better route would be a post match interview along the lines of "I was upset at the reception I received, but I did score a goal and I guess I'll have to keep working hard and scoring goals to win the faith of the fans." Sure he demands some respect from his own fans, but behaviour like that is going to turn the indifferent ones against him: he's made his position far more difficult now. Perhaps he knows he's on his way out; but it's a curious way of leaving a club.

Voronin doesn't seem to have any class about him at all. A bigger man would allow the football to do the talking instead of silly gestures. I understand you can't believe everything written in the daily rags but those comments about the city and the local accent did annoy me, these are the people that pay your wages and you're disrespecting them? Fuck off mate.

With that said I would never boo any player wearing the red shirt, especially as his crime was coming onto the pitch. Bellends.

I don't think Voronin is as bad as people make him out to be BUT I have a downer on him when it shoould be more with the manager who totally fucked off Crouch last season and Voronin was getting in ahead of him even as soon as he camne back from his three month injury. Voronin had some good games between October and December last season and for a free transfer did what I expected really.

For somebody to more or less say Voronin is underrated and Crouch is overrated however is clearly an olive short of a pizza (c. Del Boy Trotter). That is one of the most baffling things I have ever read on here. Check out Crouch's goal record. If anything Crouch was underrated here and didn't get the credit he deserved for some of his goals which if they had been scored by a certain no 7 at Old Trafford we would still be seeing them now on tv.