You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Robert Keane to Liverpool Football Club

fivetimes

And Appendix Q2 states: “A manager shall not, either directly or indirectly (including by making any statement to the media) make an approach to a contract player with a view to the manager’s club negotiating a contract with such player.”

Premier League spokesman Dan Johnson said they are 'awaiting complaints from Tottenham over allegations of a breach in the rules concerning players under contract'.

He said: “We are writing to Manchester United and Liverpool and await their comments. When we have all the information the Premier League board will sit and consider whether there is a case to answer.”

Liverpool are confident they will escape any punishment and expect their £20m capture of Keane to be completed this week.

The 28-year-old Irishman is pencilled in for an Anfield medical on Thursday, when the Kop doctor returns from the club’s tour of Switzerland.

Liverpool were stunned by Levy’s blistering attack and have told Premier League chiefs Benitez’s expression of interest in the player amounted to little more than confirmation of contact between the clubs — a month after talks began.

Its the doubel standards isn't it. Where was Levys morals etc when spurs signed up Bostock from Palace ?

I just read in a norwegian newspaper that the incident with United and Tottenham allegedly was caused due to an interview between rednose and the United.no (the norwegian supporter site). Rednose told united.no that they had put in a bid for a player and the interviewer assumed this had to be Berbatov and then put his name in the article. The interviewer claimed that noise in the background and a diffficult accent was the main reason to the misinterpretation. A certain disgusting newspaper picked it up in England.

An example of the kind of shit that happens everyday, if they do rafa for confirming contact they'd have to do every fucking manager out there.

REDKNAPP EYEING LONDON DUO | Football Transfer News, Football News, Fixtures, Results, Match Reports, Stats

He told the Portsmouth News: "Nicky Shorey at Reading is someone who I like, but he isn't going to come cheaply. And I like Shaun Wright-Phillips.

"I know Shaun and his dad (former Arsenal and England ace Ian Wright) think Portsmouth would be a good move for him.

"And I would like a centre-half. Younes Kaboul wants to come here, but I heard Kaboul is going to Villa. I don't think there is anything he can do about it."

and that last line looks like he's trying to say kaboul is being forced into a move to villa and he's telling villa fans that they're getting someone that wants to be elsewhere...nice.

An example of the kind of shit that happens everyday, if they do rafa for confirming contact they'd have to do every fucking manager out there.

REDKNAPP EYEING LONDON DUO | Football Transfer News, Football News, Fixtures, Results, Match Reports, Stats

He told the Portsmouth News: "Nicky Shorey at Reading is someone who I like, but he isn't going to come cheaply. And I like Shaun Wright-Phillips.

"I know Shaun and his dad (former Arsenal and England ace Ian Wright) think Portsmouth would be a good move for him.

"And I would like a centre-half. Younes Kaboul wants to come here, but I heard Kaboul is going to Villa. I don't think there is anything he can do about it."

and that last line looks like he's trying to say kaboul is being forced into a move to villa and he's telling villa fans that they're getting someone that wants to be elsewhere...nice.

I think Spurs will focus more on our involvement with agent Struan Marshall.

Pavlyuchenko and Arshavin bids put Spurs on a tightrope

By Sam Wallace

Tuesday, 22 July 2008

Tottenham Hotspur are weighing up new bids for the Russia internationals Roman Pavlyuchenko and Andrei Arshavin as they face the prospect of losing their three first-choice strikers over the next two weeks. They regard Arshavin as a replacement for Robbie Keane, whose move to Liverpool is the most imminent of the three.

Pavlyuchenko has been the subject of interest from Tottenham already this summer with his club Spartak Moscow claiming that an offer of sorts – for around £10m – was put their way by Spurs. However, clubs in Europe are well aware that Tottenham are about to become one of the most cash-rich clubs in the market with the potential sale of Keane, Dimitar Berbatov and Darren Bent over the next month and are adjusting their valuations accordingly. Spurs regard a price in excess of £20m for Arshavin as too high at the moment.

With three such high-profile transfers in prospect, Tottenham will be expected to pay a good deal more for Pavlyuchenko, potentially £15-20m. Their interest in Arshavin was outlined yesterday by the Zenit St Petersburg sporting director, Konstantin Sarsaniya. "With Tottenham we have contacts," he said. "This English club is really interested in acquiring Andrei but, as I understand, €27m [£21.5m] is too high a price for them. For Spurs it is unacceptable. Tottenham are ready to pay in the region of €20m [£15.9m] for Arshavin."

Signing Pavlyuchenko and Arshavin is a delicate balancing act for Spurs between selling their existing strikers for the right price and in good enough time. As well as tying up the deal with Liverpool for Keane, Spurs also expect a bid from Everton for their striker Darren Bent. David Moyes has not bought a single player this summer but the Bent deal is dependent on Andy Johnson's move. Fulham are about to make an offer in excess of £10m for the England international.

Spurs' list of potential transfer targets is still relatively limited, having signed Luka Modric they have concentrated their efforts on the two Russians, David Bentley and the left-sided Seville player Diego Capel. While they are prepared to go relatively high on the fees, as ever with Tottenham it is the wages that will prove the biggest obstacle to signing players from the upper echelon of European football. The top earners at White Hart Lane are – by English football's absurd standards – relatively low paid on £2m a year, or £40,000 a week.

The Blackburn Rovers chairman, John Williams, hinted yesterday that the Bentley saga could almost be at an end when conceding that the player did have a price that, if met, would be considered. It is understood that Paul Robinson will be the makeweight in the Bentley deal, valued at around £16m with Blackburn set to lose Brad Friedel to either Manchester City or Aston Villa. Williams said that should Blackburn receive a bid "that was in line with current market values, then we will refer it to Paul Ince and it becomes a football decision after that."

In terms of players leaving White Hart Lane, it would appear that Steed Malbranque, Teemu Tainio and Pascal Chimbonda are all likely to move to Sunderland, although not Younes Kaboul – who has been the subject of interest from Portsmouth and Villa.

Tottenham also said yesterday that they had handed over to the Premier League their "dossier of evidence" detailing what they believe are Manchester United's illegal approaches to Berbatov.

Pavlyuchenko and Arshavin bids put Spurs on a tightrope - Transfers, Football - The Independent

Are Blackburn insane? They're taking Paul Robinson?!!!!

He said his goodbyes at the end of the season and his agent is speaking to Blackburn so yes it would appear they are. Spurs are trying to get Bentley as part of the deal.

.... and they pretty much have just the paperwork to do on Pavlyuchenko. They are hoping to announce all the (entry and exit) deals at the same time, hence delays.

Morning everyone.......

Benitez and Liverpool believe Levy's decision to report the club to the Premier League will come to nothing and that a deal will be struck that will permit Keane to join Benitez's squad within the next week.

The manager is also hopeful of completing the £18 million transfer of Gareth Barry from a reluctant Aston Villa and with Fernando Torres and Xabi Alonso due to report back on Friday for the first time since helping Spain to Euro 2008 success, Benitez's pre-season preparations will begin to gather momentum.

Morning everyone.......

Benitez and Liverpool believe Levy's decision to report the club to the Premier League will come to nothing and that a deal will be struck that will permit Keane to join Benitez's squad within the next week.

The manager is also hopeful of completing the £18 million transfer of Gareth Barry from a reluctant Aston Villa and with Fernando Torres and Xabi Alonso due to report back on Friday for the first time since helping Spain to Euro 2008 success, Benitez's pre-season preparations will begin to gather momentum.

Haha, jesus christ.