You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who the hell are we buying and are we skint?

jaycooper88

Right first of all im very pissed off with the fact that we are likely to be selling Xabi Alonso as IMO he is just pure class and if we are going to get anywhere near United next season we need to be keeping players of his quality. Secondly why do we have to sell players if we are meant to be progressing? Why arn't the yanks putting their hands in their pockets the lying bastards. Thirdly why whenever i pick up the paper we are linked with second rate players its not good enough. Chelski and the mancs are getting linked with brilliant players every single day and we get linked with Bristol City centre halfs!! Its depressing i thought i couldn't get any worse after Mongo missed that spot kick but its getting worse. HELP!

It maybe june but Chelsea have already spent 16 million on a defender and United are lining up half of Europe! This time last season United had Nani Anderson and Hargreaves in the bag. All we have done is got rid of that fat stash from Australia and signed some swiss fella from Dortmund that no-one has never heard of.

But last season we ended up with Torres after being linked with Forlan and Bent.

United have signed nobody and Chelsea have spent a ridiculous amount of money on a full back. How about we go and sign someone shit and overpriced for the sake of buying? The season doesnt start for a good two months.

At the risk of sounding really paranoid and exposing my love of a conspiracy, it wouldnt surprise me if it was all a ploy by the southern media to cause trouble i.e. link us with loads of shit leading to a continued dis-trust of rafas transfer policy prompting fan disillusionment.

I know to some that may sound mental and i dont entirely believe it myself but it really wouldnt surprise me and you only have to look at the fallout on these forums with us all at odds with each other about our "transfer targets" to see this continued speculation is affecting the morale of the fans and the players (who themselves cant be too inspired by what were being linked with. Plus the only players we have a confirmed link to or Deggen (already signed) and Barry.

And sadly yes, it does seem we dont have any money. As a last point, how come the arse seem to be able to buy a player like Nasri for 12 mill and we will have to go considerably higher to sign ANYBODY! How anyone can moan about the lack of english/british talent when the mancs are signing players like Hargreaves (who is shit and i dont care what anyone says) for 18 mill, spurs Bent 16 mill, bale 10 mill, ashley young 10 mill, carrick 18 mill, ferdinand 30 mill and rooney 25 mill, Walcott 12 mill, Barry...fuck knows, its ridiculous, id love a few more english players but there only seems to be two teams who can afford them.

Right first of all im very pissed off with the fact that we are likely to be selling Xabi Alonso as IMO he is just pure class and if we are going to get anywhere near United next season we need to be keeping players of his quality. Secondly why do we have to sell players if we are meant to be progressing? Why arn't the yanks putting their hands in their pockets the lying bastards. Thirdly why whenever i pick up the paper we are linked with second rate players its not good enough. Chelski and the mancs are getting linked with brilliant players every single day and we get linked with Bristol City centre halfs!! Its depressing i thought i couldn't get any worse after Mongo missed that spot kick but its getting worse. HELP!

TRUE DAT TRUE DAT coop, yo should wanna keep Xabi cuz he a classy spanish homie.

Never one to give up, Xabi gets stuck into every tackle and winz it.IF he could just score a little more den he'd be a first on every managers list.We deserve millions for da SHIZZLIN HOT skills he haz.But why sell 'em if we need dem skills?yo right fo sho!ITZ ALL ABOUT DA MONNNEY!$n£!Liverpool gotz to sell him if dey wantz another classy playa comin to Anfield.DATZ DA WAY IT IZ.

Look back over the years, im sure you will find almost identical threads, which contain the same despair and frustration at this time of the window.

Like a previous poster said, every year without fail we get linked with shite and also every year without fail some fall for it.

Like last season and the year before and before, at the end of the window im sure we will all be excited, supportive and full of belief.

To go mental at media bullshit which is proved time and again to be just that is borderline pathetic.

dont fall for it.

In Rafa i trust.

I agree with all you are saying apart from that about Alonso,You do need to rake off your rose tinted specs, Xabi has been gash for at least 18 months he may have had a few injury problems but overall hes been poor and a mere spectator in the big games where hes needed to make himself counted... hes been fucking awful in the CL this season especially against Arsenal in the 2 legs and against Chelsea, to be be honest apart from Juve away in the CL back in 2005 and when we beat the shyte at Anfield with 10 men where he was ace that day I cant really recall a game where hes bossed it, although il be sad to see him go because I really like him Rafa knows what hes doing.

Lucas has looked the part considering its his first season and wasnt really expected to feature much as he was expected to have a season in the ressies to adapt to the game and has done very well I think he will improve alot next season and considering hes only 21 he's got alot more to come from his game, as for the chief I dont really need to go on about him hes just pure class.

I never get worked up about transfers especially now as fuck all will really happen until after the Euros so grab a chair, a cold beer and chill squire. :whatever:

At the risk of sounding really paranoid and exposing my love of a conspiracy, it wouldnt surprise me if it was all a ploy by the southern media to cause trouble i.e. link us with loads of shit leading to a continued dis-trust of rafas transfer policy prompting fan disillusionment.

I know to some that may sound mental and i dont entirely believe it myself but it really wouldnt surprise me and you only have to look at the fallout on these forums with us all at odds with each other about our "transfer targets" to see this continued speculation is affecting the morale of the fans and the players (who themselves cant be too inspired by what were being linked with. Plus the only players we have a confirmed link to or Deggen (already signed) and Barry.

And sadly yes, it does seem we dont have any money. As a last point, how come the arse seem to be able to buy a player like Nasri for 12 mill and we will have to go considerably higher to sign ANYBODY! How anyone can moan about the lack of english/british talent when the mancs are signing players like Hargreaves (who is shit and i dont care what anyone says) for 18 mill, spurs Bent 16 mill, bale 10 mill, ashley young 10 mill, carrick 18 mill, ferdinand 30 mill and rooney 25 mill, Walcott 12 mill, Barry...fuck knows, its ridiculous, id love a few more english players but there only seems to be two teams who can afford them.

Hes not an Arsenal player yet mate, nothing is going to be agreed until after the Euro's (Cue) Nasri to have a good tournament and the fee be bumped up to about 18 million....

Just chill mate, the buck stops with the board and the manager, we will have someone to hang by next summer ;)

suppose every supporter supports in their own way, but your above post suggests you can’t wait for the summer signings to fail giving you ammunition to attack the manager/board, if I read you wrong apologies, if indeed this is your intention I simply retort, you are entitled to your view but please err FUCK OFF

suppose every supporter supports in their own way, but your above post suggests you can’t wait for the summer signings to fail giving you ammunition to attack the manager/board, if I read you wrong apologies, if indeed this is your intention I simply retort, you are entitled to your view but please err FUCK OFF

Hello mate, some pointers:

1. Don't quote Rashid, it's a rule of the forum (he winds a LOT of people up and is therefore on their ignore list so quoting him makes them mad).

2. Rash was actually joking as he said this all last year. Underneath though . . .

3. Welcome to the forum!

Its nothing against Rafa mate its against the board not giving him money. I do support in my own way i pay my money go home and away and support the team i love so please err FUCK OFF yourself! x x

Hello mate, some pointers:

1. Don't quote Rashid, it's a rule of the forum (he winds a LOT of people up and is therefore on their ignore list so quoting him makes them mad).

2. Rash was actually joking as he said this all last year. Underneath though . . .

3. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcome Thants, and the heads up.

My point still stands though that there are fans out there who will slate whoever we sign and yet the same fans will be first in line when we are successful lapping up all the glory, imo you show your worth as a fan when it’s not all plain sailing, greatest fans in the world pull together before the success not after it, fans and people who lack that character in general really pisses me off.

My point still stands though that there are fans out there who will slate whoever we sign and yet the same fans will be first in line when we are successful lapping up all the glory, imo you show your worth as a fan when it’s not all plain sailing, greatest fans in the world pull together before the success not after it, fans and people who lack that character in general really pisses me off.

Wow, Excellent post. Seriously.

Nicely put squire.

I think if people haven't learned by now that who you're linked to in May/early June means piss all then they need to quite quickly. There's no point in a manager shouting about who they want now, that just leaves the rest of the summer for price to go up, the press to spout bile and owning club's players/manager/chairman to give it the 'he's going nowhere' bit. As said above last year was the perfect example; people were spiting dummys out when we'd only signed Voronin and then a certain sexy bastard came along...

Hes not an Arsenal player yet mate' date=' nothing is going to be agreed until after the Euro's (Cue) Nasri to have a good tournament and the fee be bumped up to about 18 million....[/quote']

Good point, just glad Barry isnt playin in the euros then ha ha

As someone mentioned above, this happens every year! Its silly season, even City are being linked with Ronaldinho. Unfortunately we will all have to wait and see. Either way, whether we sign Ribery and Villa or Bramble and Abidal (abit unfair to put these two together but i really do think abidal is poo), they will still wear the Liver bird upon their chest and as long as they do that with pride and more skill than me, they will be supported!

Nicely put squire.

I think if people haven't learned by now that who you're linked to in May/early June means piss all then they need to quite quickly. There's no point in a manager shouting about who they want now, that just leaves the rest of the summer for price to go up, the press to spout bile and owning club's players/manager/chairman to give it the 'he's going nowhere' bit. As said above last year was the perfect example; people were spiting dummys out when we'd only signed Voronin and then a certain sexy bastard came along...

Yossis nothing special :whistle:

Surely its a positive we arent signing anyone at the present time as all the good players are on international duty for another month or so

Id be more worried if we were actually signing players in June

Do I detect signs of positivity Nick, steady on mate.