You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Anfield Goals

Redexile

Just to change subjects and get away from the mancs , Chavski and all the shite transfer speculation. What would you consider to be your top 3 Liverpool goals at Anfield ? I'll start the ball rolling

1) Terry mac against Spurs - reflected for me the Liverpool motto of pass and move

2) Lil Luis against Chelsea in the CL Semi - for what it meant to the club and the supporters.

3)John Barnes v QPR just a great piece of individual skill.

1. John Aldridge vs Arsenal in 88 when McMahon chased to stop a ball going out on the touchline dummied the defender and put a low cross in for aldo, it said everything about probably the greatest side i ever saw at anfield.

2. David Fairclough vs St Etienne was at that game aged 5 with me arl fella. Don't remember much about the game apart from the atmosphere.

3. Beardsley volley against the blueshite in 87 remember the backheel in the build up and a class finish.

There are loads more but these just stick out for me.

The best was Terry Macs against Spurs. Surely there can be no question on that?

I personally think that Aggers first goal for us is right up there. It was an amazing strike from distance. When the keeper doesn't move you know it's been hit as well as is possible.

Fowlers turn and strike agianst Villa.

Berger against Derby I think. About 20 passes and then a thunderbolt.

There's far two many but in recent times Luis Garcia's at Anfield against Juventus.

For the older generation Liverpool's third 'FA 74 cup final vs Newcastle.

As the commentator said "Newcastle were undressed". Eleven passes leading up to the goal.

Terry Macs lob against the shite FA cup main road.

There's far two many but in recent times Luis Garcia's at Anfield against Juventus.

For the older generation Liverpool's third 'FA 74 cup final vs Newcastle.

As the commentator said "Newcastle were undressed". Eleven passes leading up to the goal.

Terry Macs lob against the shite FA cup main road.

While I appreciate that Wembley was know as "Anfield south" that is stretching a "Greatest Anfield Goals" thread a bit far.

Just to change subjects and get away from the mancs , Chavski and all the shite transfer speculation. What would you consider to be your top 3 Liverpool goals at Anfield ? I'll start the ball rolling

1) Terry mac against Spurs - reflected for me the Liverpool motto of pass and move

2) Lil Luis against Chelsea in the CL Semi - for what it meant to the club and the supporters.

3)John Barnes v QPR just a great piece of individual skill.

Yep .I agree with those

While I appreciate that Wembley was know as "Anfield south" that is stretching a "Greatest Anfield Goals" thread a bit far.
Yes your quite right.

Must read thread title. Must read thread title. Must reaqd thread title.

Must read thread title. Must read thread title. Must read thread title,.

1. Terry Macs v Spurs, what was it? 4 touches and then goal, at the time Spurs were being touted as the next big thing (again) cos they'd just bought Ardiles and Villa, and we slaughtered them.

2. Supersub v St Etienne, what a night that was, we knew the cup was ours after that night.

3. Stevie G v Olympiakos just for the sheer relief when that one went in, little did we know what was coming in Istanbul, eh?

Mine is Ronnie Rosenthal's last minute winner against Everton, I went absolutely ballistic when that nestled in. Closely followed by Dalglish against Wimbledon in a shock 2-1 defeat at Anfield. Took it with his back to goal, turned past one man, skipped by another and pinged it into the top corner. Sadly I'm too young to have seen much of Kenny live, but that always sticks out in my mind.

Terry Macs getting a lot of mentions here, his goal against Spurs at White Hart Lane (:whoops: thats not Anfield is it) in the cup was'nt bad either. Another one that sticks in my mind is Souness's first for Liverpool against the mancs.

Numerous goals from Kenny as well, back to goal on the edge of the area, quick turn and a little clipped curler into the top corner.

Gerrard's 35 yarder against Southampton in 00/01 season. The sign of things to come. Absolute Belter.

Same season, same player this time against the Mancs. Screamer.

Riise's free kick against ManUre also fondly remembered.

Terry Mac, absolutely. What a brilliant player he was - if anything, he's underrated these days, but he was a hell of a player. So clever, dynamic and very, very talented.

true he was a smashing player. I remember when he first joined us how he battled because after he had made a pass he would often stand and admire it. The club taught him to pass and move...what a player.

Gerrard vs Olympiakos?

That goal was huge for our future and the atmosphere was immense.

2nd that THE most important goal of our recent history.

Paved the path for Istanbul and kept SG at the club when it was rumoured he was off in the January Transfer Window.

Igor Biscan v Crystal Palace.

Glen Hoddle for spurs the day we won the League.

Jan Molby v Man Utd League cup

Ah yes how did I forget that one AL.

Gary bailey said "It was the hardest shot ive ever faced. If I would have got my hands to it `it would have taken them off"