You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Glen Johnson....

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

I'm for this signing. fuck the money issue, let Rafa manage his own budget.

We signed prob the best right back in the prem league last season (whilst playing for a shit team).

And he's no1 choice for his country at 24, so if he stays that way, he'll be playing against big players in big tournaments, and will only get better.

thats the idea anyways.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm for this signing. fuck the money issue, let Rafa manage his own budget.

We signed prob the best right back in the prem league last season (whilst playing for a shit team).

And he's no1 choice for his country at 24, so if he stays that way, he'll be playing against big players in big tournaments, and will only get better.

thats the idea anyways.

Prob agree with that. Chavski spunked £16m on Bosingwa so i think by that price its fair - you always pay £5m more for english players anyway

I agree with this, I mean I'm not the biggest fan of Collins John but if he ends up signing then we have to give him our support.

I totally agree with the sentiment but we dont have to look beyond last season to realise that not every LFC supporter shares said sentiment.

They owe us money anyway so I'm not miffed about the price at all. Rafa has obviously wanted another English player for the upcoming rules as the prices will only spiral further. The other option is to keep letting them drip pennies in our account with no real use for now when we need it. Makes the failure to agree a fee for Alaves seem silly now.

We needed an out and out right back for some time, I've always thought Johnson as a bit mistake prone defensively hence his low price from Chelsea, who would not have sold him to us for anything like that. But he seems to have tightnened his act up a bit now so has earned the move. I'm sure Rafa can get the best out of him now and it's gonna be a massive plus to add to the overall team. Because he is worth it.

It's a lot of money and we're probably being had off, but if he improves the team it will be money well spent. He was certainly vastly improved last season playing in a poor Pompey side (once Redknapp and Defoe deserted the sinking ship).

As for Arbeloa's contract situation, I have no idea how reliable this site is, but it says he is in contract until June 2011:

Álvaro Arbeloa (FC Liverpool) - Profil - Football - transfermarkt.at

Crouch and Alonso both seemed overpriced at the time as was Mascherano's fee for many.

Not for me all Alonso and Masch where reasonable and Crouch was about right.

Maybe it was just me but I honestly think we did very well on all three and that is not said in hindsight.

The positives are he will improve the first team and he will create more end product in the final third and most importanly Rafa got his man.

We all know what the negative is

If his blood is spilt over the naked breasts of a virgin who is lying down on a church altar, it will summon an army of demons from hell to bring on the apocalypse?

The actual value of a player is what the buying club are willing to pay. Obvious is know but I remember the scum buying Carrick for 18m and thinking fucking hell, rip off for the mong. 3 titles and a champions league later, means he was worth it for them. That said, he is still a mong.

If we win the league with Johnson in the side the 18m give or take will well be worth it.

Seems like Arbs is off to pasture anew--Real or Athletico probably. From the quotes ive read, and with him having a year on his contract we are likely to sell as opposed to let him do a mcmanaman.

Would love him to stay, but if the lad wants to go, so be it.

That'll be 30m please Senor Perez

or a straight swap for Kun Aguero

Not for me all Alonso and Masch where reasonable and Crouch was about right.

Maybe it was just me but I honestly think we did very well on all three and that is not said in hindsight.

Not many knew about Alonso, myself included but I gave him a chance, Crouch also and Mascherano is a player I've followed since his Argentina debut so I knew he was worth the fee, easily. However most would have said we overpaid. Having said that there's Keane, albeit Parry's buy, Pennant, possible to say we overpaid a bit there and I'm struggling to think of many others we have 'overpaid' for and not had our money's worth. We've got Aurelio, Banyoun, Bellers, Fowler, on free transfers and many others such as Agger, Skrtel, Arbeloa, Reina, Ngog, Crouch (again), Sissoko and Alonso (Again) who have proved to be bargains.

Theres a few like Garcia, Kuyt, Torres, Morientes, Babbel and Riera who were about spot on at the time and still so now the only problem has ever been getting proper value for our players when selling the jarg bastards....

The positives are he will improve the first team and he will create more end product in the final third and most importanly Rafa got his man.

We all know what the negative is

Not to turn a blind eye against it, but at this point do you really care that much or are you just looking for an excuse to have a go at Rafa for signing Glen Johnson?

These hidden agendas that some "hardcore" Liverpool fans have gets tedious at some point.

Rafa hasnt signed anyone yet but hit the panic button.

Rafa is going to sign an English international right back at an inflated price they hit the panic button.

I am for analyzing him and where he is to play, but to even judge him before he has even kicked a ball for us, well you just cant make it up.

Despite all this I think he is a fantastic signing for us and one that will make out intent known throughout the Premier League.

And make no mistake about it we are going to sign a winger and a world class striker.

IN RAFA I TRUST!!!!!