You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Babel

King Emlyn

I'm defending him because he is black dontcha know :whatever:

seriously, I'm on the fence with regards to babel he has the skill to be a major hit but enough flaws in his game to see him fail.

I like the fact that he's black.

We don't seem to have many black players at the moment and with Babel you can squint a bit and remember Barnes.

It's the thighs. (And the fact he's black).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep saying it, but I just think it's a case of confidence with Babel. Obviously we have no idea what Rafa says to him, but i'd be in his ear every day in training telling him he could become one of the best players in the world.

He has all of the tools to do it. His touch can be a bit raw, which is not ideal, but I definitely think he can improve on that and once he really discovers his real level he'll be a monster of a player.

Hopefully!

I like the fact that he's black.

We don't seem to have many black players at the moment and with Babel you can squint a bit and remember Barnes.

It's the thighs. (And the fact he's black).

I'm glad I don't sit next to you at the match if you look at Babel's thighs and squint every time!

One thing I have noticed about Babel is that he doesn't seem to possess 'soft feet' - what I mean is that when the ball is played to him - particularly along the floor - his first touch tends to be heavy, and the ball sometimes gets away from him. It's something I've seen often with him this season, and it's a bit frustrating that he hasn't conquered this yet.

Which i noticed was alot better yesterday. His brain and feet need to work together with the pace of the prem especialy when use urgent passing which we really shouldnt.

Once he feels comfortable with the pace then he will have his first touch.

if you look at many players in their first season alot of usual footballing skills look off, but it was much improved on sunday but i imagine his concentration levels were higher than normal.

When babel he is fit enough his concentration levels will be higher and he a great game all the way through.

Babel showed he is really getting their as he did slow down during the match he just didnt get the ball, his body shape is looked alot better as well so hopefully his body is finally settling down.

I also worry about his touch. The only saving grace is the fact that in his first season Pires first touch wasn't anything special from what I can remember - and alongside Zidane he has the best first touch i have ever seen.

You should have seen Kenny play, mate. He could control it first time at any height and from any angle while looking for where Rushie was going to be. Genius.

I like Babel, he tries to do something positive when he has the ball. Sometimes it doesn't come off, but at least he tries. Hopefully this will improve with experience as he is quite young and it's his first season in the league.

At the moment though, he reminds me a little of Ronnie Rosenthal the way he cuts inside and blasts it.

Thought he was a panic buy and to be honest still not sure about him.He has pace and hell of a shot but on the left wing he is one trick pony.He shoots when he should pass which he very rarely does pass.He aint a left sided player as he is all right footed.His cv is a left sided winger or a right sided attacker makes sense huh.I hope he comes on for this season to be great next season.Thing is as it stands he has awful lot to learn awful lot.Would of thought it make more sense playing him on right wing next season or if we have 4th place then in remaining games this season.To me he has everything to be a great player apart from the football brain which is something you either have or dont have.Maybe the right side of midfield will help him more but as it stands he aint good enough for left side and he aint good enough as a out an out striker.

For me he needs to improve his link up play. He has talent, pace, power, control, and a great shot.

He gives us an option as a wide attacker or as a striker in a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 formation. He is young, but next season will be a defining season. We should expect 10 goals a season from such a player.