You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool v the Septics and the Woodentops

son of shankly

Brother (and a few mates) hates these games, and cant and wont go to Old Trafford or Woodison due to the bile and bitterness their fans show, and, generally just hates both places. I do too...but...

Me, I love these games, into the lions den and all that, and because, yer know, when the bitterness is cranked-up so is the atmosphere and the joy when you are victorious and glorious.

Are you a hide behind the coucher with the remote, or, an in the boozer worry yerself into the pint glass type, or someone who's bang up for thse games like myself?

Understand both natures like, and one doesnt mean you're a better supporter or anything, just think the attitude difference is marked, thats all.

When Houllier was in charge I was never too bothered, because I always fancied at least a draw. I never enjoyed the games, and would be more inclined to hide behind the sofa when we were playing the rubbish teams in those days, than the likes of Man United.

These days, away from home against Man Utd, I am starting to get more up for it as I think we can compete without having to put 10 men on the line for 90 minutes and boot it to the nippy foward. Earlier in rafa's tenure, I expected us to lose to them, so was quite chilled & resigned to not getting anything.

As for Everton, always up for that, because I always expect us to win.

I must be getting old, as much as I hate these games I am up for them and have at times risked divorce to get to them, but this weekend I'm going away instead. Theoretically I could have interrupted the weekend as its only North Wales and I will be watching it in a boozer, but I cant be arsed. Will be first one I've missed at OT since 1999/00.

One minute I'm up for it an convinced we're going to hammer them, the next I'm shittin' meself and convinced it'll be another dreadful 1-0 loss. I'm always at my most nervous when we're 1-0 up during the game.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel.

Houllier punched above his weight against them, but the league games under Rafa have been absolutely soul destroying.

The manager and team owe us this one...

Brother (and a few mates) hates these games, and cant and wont go to Old Trafford or Woodison due to the bile and bitterness their fans show, and, generally just hates both places. I do too...but..

The bitterness and bile from our fans is just as bad. I hate them more for what it does to us than what we see from them.

It's pathetic. How people can call Evertonian fans bitter I just don't know. The away end at Goodison is an awful place to be on derby day. Most fans couldn;t tell you what had happened on the pitch as they spent the whole game concentrating on the home fans.

Not so sure. I know our recent results aginst them haven't been great but at the same time I recommend backing us in the bookies if ( like I did ) you can get them at 3/1. Our performances have improved a lot in recent weeks overall, and I think we can take them down even at OT.

Weird! People saying they never bothered when Houllier was in charge and always fancied a draw. How many games against filth did he win?

No idea off the top of my head, but his record against them generally was pretty good.

You also knew he'd set the team up ultra defensive, and we'd be difficult to score against, so while we might not play them off the park, there was a decent chance of a nil nil.

Brother (and a few mates) hates these games, and cant and wont go to Old Trafford or Woodison due to the bile and bitterness their fans show, and, generally just hates both places. I do too...but...

Me, I love these games, into the lions den and all that, and because, yer know, when the bitterness is cranked-up so is the atmosphere and the joy when you are victorious and glorious.

Are you a hide behind the coucher with the remote, or, an in the boozer worry yerself into the pint glass type, or someone who's bang up for thse games like myself?

Understand both natures like, and one doesnt mean you're a better supporter or anything, just think the attitude difference is marked, thats all.

On the subject of bile & bitterness, this is by a piece of pondlife on Sad Café known as Mc Lovin

I posted this in the noobs when we played Liverpool at Anfield this season. So in keeping with tradition, I'll post it here too.

Should fire us up, and the matchgoers even more:

Remember ALL of Anfield singing munich songs

Remember the Kop doing aeroplanes

Remember the Munich 58 banner on the Kop

Remember scousers slashing straight members and scaffers home AND away

Remember Main Road 85 & what was at stake

Remember that we stopped them doing the "Impossible" Treble

Remember ALL those flags mocking Munich at Heysel in '85

Remember 39 dead Italians and how they tried to blame everyone but themselves

Remember the b*****ds throwing CS Gas at our players at Anfield

Remember that utter UTTER c**t Kenney Dalglish

Remember Anfield 1992 & how you felt after Rush scored

Remember 3-3 in 1994 & how it felt like a defeat

Remember the c**t spitting on Eric as he went to lift The FA Cup

Remember Robbie Fowler and his four (now five) finger salute every time he scores against us

Remember that giant FC Bayern München flag at Anfield in 1999

Remember Paul Ince (and all of Anfield) thinking he had denied us the Title

Remember loosing Five on the trot against them 2000-2002

Remember The BBC hailing the plastic treble as some sort of achievement

Remember them breaking the silence in honour of Georgie Best

Remember rick parry bleating on about the NY honours and Paisley & all that other s**te, the f**king w****r!

Remember scousers complaining on 5Live that Sir Matt only got knighted because he survived the disaster

Remember how you felt on 29 May 2005

Remember all the reasons we hate them so much.

Let's thrash those bastards !