You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If we have the money who shall we buy in the summer?

jaycooper88

I was thinking watching the Chavski game what the hell we need to buy for next season if we are going to get anywhere near the mancs and arse. I think we need at least 1 class winger a striker and deffo a left back. My 3 choices for those positions would be as follows. The most impressive winger i have seen in the Premiership this season has been Martin Petrov at Man City he is fast and can produce some quality balls into to box and is also very skillfull. A lot of people say we should get Quaresma but is he really that good i thought he was shite at anfield this season and if he cant hack it at Barca why should it be any different with us? So on to the striker as we need to think about sending the ponytailed Sean Dundee on his way as well as Dirk in my opinion as for all the hard work he does that is not why we brought him in, we need someone to partner El Nino. Anelka is now out the window i would of loved to have seen him in a red shirt again. The most impressive striker i have seen out of the top 4 is Roque Santa Cruz at Blackburn he is a proven goalscorer and seems pure class in my opinion. And finally the left back, well id love us just to sign Heinze just to piss off that red faced scottish tosser down the M62.

Let me know your opinions people as i think this team for next season would be amazing.

Reina, Finnan, Carragher, Agger, Heinze, Pennant, Gerrard, Mascherano, Petrov, Torres, Santa Cruz.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like all 3 youve said but dont think they'd be good options (bar maybe santa cruz). Petrov is 28/29 and heinze is 30.

I think we need a left back, two wingers and one maybe two forwards. Id say if Rafa was given a similar budget to last season excluding Mascherano who has to be top priority, then my preferred choices would be

An assistant manager to take the work load off Rafa, for god sake man bring Pako back please!!!

LB - Urby Emanuelson from Ajax (probly about 8m if you believe the papers, or maybe a part exchange with Dirk), hes a similar left back to Ashley Cole probably stronger and better in the air.

LM - Ashley Young

RM - David Bentley

I need not type anything about those two as people who watch the prem know they are both massive talents, quick, can dribble, great crosses, young, can score goals

ST - Klass Jan Huntelaar from Ajax (anywhere from 8 - 15m, or maybe a part exchange with Dirk. I know I know, Dirk, Kezman bla bla, but Ive had my eye on this guy since before the last world cup and he has all the attributes needed to do well with nando upfront).

I honestly think with those four players then we would be good enough the CHALLENGE for the Prem. Were still superb defensively and with Babel and Lucas still to show there best form then were not that far away

Petrov is one of the most moody midfielders in the world. Heinze is one of the most injury prone players we can go for, as is Roque Santa Cruz.

Ideally we should go for Villa, Chiellini and Adriano from Seville, but trusting the way stuff is going at the moment, there's no way we know what money's going to be available, and whether Rafa's going to be around.

I think Rafa will be around if the Yanks stay, but he might go if DIC want their own man.

As far as money's concerned, if the Yanks stay it'll probably be one 20 million signing with two smaller ones or if DIC come in it could be anyone's guess.

Martin Petrov is great going forward and has a terrific left foot, but he never tracks back and helps out defensively.

I think we need a left back, but I think other areas of the team further up the field need strengthening first. I'd go for Luka Modrić & Ricardo Quaresma.

--------------Reina-------------

-Finnan-Carragher-Agger-Arbeloa-

-----Mascherano--Modric-----

-------------Gerrard-----------

--Babel----------------Quaresma--

--------------Torres--------------

If I am moron what should first post be?

Yes, right answer ladies and gentlemen, the above thread starting one, yes, indeed. Oh yes.

If I am moron what four words would use to start shit post with.

Yes, right answer ladies and gentlemen, the above one, yes indeed, oh yes.

Martin Petrov is great going forward and has a terrific left foot, but he never tracks back and helps out defensively.

I think we need a left back, but I think other areas of the team further up the field need strengthening first. I'd go for Luka Modrić & Ricardo Quaresma.

--------------Reina-------------

-Finnan-Carragher-Agger-Arbeloa-

-----Mascherano--Modric-----

-------------Gerrard-----------

--Babel----------------Quaresma--

--------------Torres--------------

Not that bad, but why would you use a £30 million playmaker as a holding midfielder?

Daniel Alves

Villa or Benzema (top striker to go with Torres - one or two others out there too).

Maxi Rodriguez

Two right sided players when our left flank is gash?

Anyway, I'd be dead happy with Goran Pandev and Ashley Young. We can last with our left back issue as long as Riise doesn't try to shoot... well untill Insua breaks through.

Not that bad, but why would you use a £30 million playmaker as a holding midfielder?

I'd give Modric the licence to push forward & operate as the playmaker similar to how Gary Mac played for us, but not as far as advanced as Gerrard though. That formation could also change to 4-4-2 with Babel going up front & Gerrard moving out to the right.

Given a lot of dough:

Villa

Diego

Quaresma

Silva

Alves

No then we could bring on the arse, the chavs and the scum and still expect to win every time..... Much unlike today I might add as we don't have a squad good enough to expect anything against those sides (With a bit of luck, yes, but to expect, no)....

Think we have to be realistic unless we get new owners and they want to make a statement we're not going to be able to afford 3 or 4 top quality Torres level players. Maybe if we sell Alonso we can afford 2 players in this price range, personally id go for Alves (id play Arbeloa on the left) and a top quality partner for Torres like David Villa.

Looking at slightly cheaper alternatives that are realistic how about Stuart Downing, certainly an improvement on Kewell and Riise on the left, he scores and creates and has shown signs that he could be a good player. He wants out too so he could be someone we could get fairly cheaply. Similarly someone like James Milner is someone that im always impressed with, and in a poor team his attitude is always spot on and hes still very young and will improve.

Im sure people will say that type of player isnt good enough for us but at the moment we can't go out and buy 4 20 million players, but both those english players i mentioned would improve the team.

I watch a lot of Belgian football and have been really impressed with the young Royal Antwerp striker Volkan Ozen. He'd probably be quite cheap but is definitely a Rafa type player, in fact I think we were tenuously linked with him last summer. He's young, fast, hungry, good looking and would fit in with The Policy. Sign him up, Rafa. Come on the Reds!!!

To make matter worse, he calls Sundays opponents Chavski. :whoops:

The reason i call them Chavski is that they are a load of horrible burberry wearing twats and also the ski bit is coz they are owned by a drug barron sorry if this offended you and sorry if the topic of my first post is not up to scratch to your oh so intelligent posts but hey we all have to start somewhere chuck! Ah well there is my rant back i thought it was a good topic as all ppl seam to want to do on here is moan about jamie redknapp and talk about fireworks going off durich the munich minute but i would rather focus on the main thing which is the team, and there was me thinking thats what we support liverpool for the team!!!!!

Looking at slightly cheaper alternatives that are realistic how about Stuart Downing, certainly an improvement on Kewell and Riise on the left, he scores and creates and has shown signs that he could be a good player. He wants out too so he could be someone we could get fairly cheaply. Similarly someone like James Milner is someone that im always impressed with, and in a poor team his attitude is always spot on and hes still very young and will improve.

I am going to propose a new policy for TLW: no English players unless they're from our own academy. Milner, Bentley, Downing are NOT good enough, do not fall for the hype

I am going to propose a new policy for TLW: no English players unless they're from our own academy. Milner, Bentley, Downing are NOT good enough, do not fall for the hype

Sounds like a bad idea to me. Why restrict yourself to non-English?

The reason i call them Chavski is that they are a load of horrible burberry wearing twats and also the ski bit is coz they are owned by a drug barron sorry if this offended you and sorry if the topic of my first post is not up to scratch to your oh so intelligent posts but hey we all have to start somewhere chuck! Ah well there is my rant back i thought it was a good topic as all ppl seam to want to do on here is moan about jamie redknapp and talk about fireworks going off durich the munich minute but i would rather focus on the main thing which is the team, and there was me thinking thats what we support liverpool for the team!!!!!

Its like an online better version of Jeremy Kyle.

Although thats not a hard feat to achieve in all fairness.

Decent first post though mate, although people moan about the Jamie Redknapp and Fireworks During The Manc Derby in the threads that say Jamie Redknapp and Fireworks During The Manc Derby. Thats kindof the whole point