You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

I liked 30 days of night. 7 too I'd say.

Is Cloverfield worth going to watch at the cinema?

Yeah probably.

When we went the sound was fucked up at the beginning and everyone thought it was just how it started, what with it being on a handheld cam. After a couple of minutes everybody got a little restless and it became a bit of a joke. A couple of people went to complain and it was all sorted.

Why I felt the need to tell this, I'll never know. Just go watch it.

AvP: Requiem. Stupid title, shit film, totally uninteresting and too fucking loud. Turn the volume up enough to hear what people are saying then get deafened a minute later by an alien screeching.

I wanted the film to be about Aliens against Predators but it wasn't it was Americans against, well not the world this time but other worlds I suppose.

I was disappointed but I guess unsurprised.

2 out of 10

Romulus, My Father - Really harrowing Australian film starring Eric Bana about Romanian immigrants living in Victoria, and the horrible family breakup that the 9 year old son witnesses. Don't watch it expecting a barrel of laughs, because you won't get it, but it was a beautiful film. 8/10

3 most recent:

Eastern Promises - 7/10 - a David Kronenburg film that was enjoyable and involving but don't want to go crazy on the scores as it was just that.

Tesis - 8.5/10 - A film by Amenabar, the chap that made 'The Others' and 'Abre Los Ojos' (the one that got turned into the piece of shit otherwise known as Vanilla Sky). Really good. Obviously helps if you speak Spanish but don't think subtitles would spoil it.

The 5 Obstructions - Not going to give it a mark as it isn't your normal film. Really interesting idea where Lars Von Trier challenges his fellow Danish film-making friend, Jorgen Leth, to remake 5 versions of his old 60's (I think) short film 'The Perfect Human'.

The remakes are great and the insight into the minds of two artists is also interesting. Like I say, it's not your average film but I'd recommend giving it a watch.

Just seen Zodiac.

A good film me thinks...

8 out of 10

Watched it not so long ago and, yep, not bad at all. Strange ending that I won't spoil for others (unless you followed the story at the time and already know it).

That Gyllenhaal fellow seems well and truly type cast as the Donnie Darko, kind of weird, obsessive character for life now.