You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Marseile V Liverpool FC

Red Nick

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are answering a lot of the forums questions tonight - Kewell is great unless he is injured, Torres is world class without question the most exciting signing we have made since John Barnes and Steven Gerrard can play CM without a doubt - he has been amazing.

It just goes to show that with a simplistic formation, with a remit to attack we can go anywhere (and Marseille is not an easy place to go) and get a result. With the same attitude we would have battered Reading last weekend.

I am well made up with how with how we are playing and the attitude of the players, Marseille needed a win tonight too so it wasn't as if the game was dead.

Special mention too for Benayoun - who has looked really good tonight.

Can't argue with any of that, Rash

Torres and Dirk is our best pair by a mile. Torres rules with anyone but him and Dirk look the best easy.

Yep

It just goes to show that with a simplistic formation, with a remit to attack we can go anywhere (and Marseille is not an easy place to go) and get a result. With the same attitude we would have battered Reading last weekend.

Can you not just enjoy it without trying to point score?

-------------

Hate to say it, but the Henry comparisons are valid. Does the same thing where he is side by side with the defender then just turns on the jets.

Not only has Torres the beating of them via his pace they know they cant match him for strength either.

Marseille have to attack us now and thats bound to leave space in the back and who better then Torres and probably during the second half Babel to exploit the room allowed.

Good half. Shit pen by Gerrard, but he got lucky the way the rebound fell for him. The second goal was just sublime by Fernando. Best goal I've seen in a long, long time. I stood and screamed at the tv when it went in.

Assuming we keep going like we have who does Babel replace? Kuyt to get some punch on the counter attack, or Torres with out huge game on Sunday in mind?

Keep up the good work in the 2nd half, lads.

I have to say that Dirk being in the side makes far more sense when he's surrounded by Torres, Kewell, Gerrard and Yossi. I think his deficiencies remain just that, but are less glaring next to those players and his strengths much more of an asset.