You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in Southern America..

Stouffer

A few days ago the annoying blue checkmark soft cunts would have been so appalled to see so many people outside and now lots of them are totally fine with thousands congregating in cities everywhere to burn and steal stuff. 

Regardless if violence and anarchy is the right course of action against this issue, the irony and hypocrisy is just off the charts.

Anyway, not a great month for race relations in the ol' US of A. 

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

That probably depends on how you view progress.

As long as the job of police officer exists, giving power over others to human beings that have inherent biases against people that don't look like them is always going to lead to problems. 

And if these protests were always going to happen, they really shouldn't have during a pandemic. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

As long as the job of police officer exists, giving power over others to human beings that have inherent biases toward people that don't look like them is always going to lead to problems. 

And if these protests were going to happen, they really shouldn't have during a pandemic. 

Yeah proper inconsiderate of the police for murdering a black man during this crisis. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Yeah proper inconsiderate of the police for murdering a black man during this crisis. 

Police have murdered black people in the states forever, you think this George Floyd incident was really the "last straw"?

Don't know if you've noticed, but lots of people right now are out of work and have nothing to do/lose. This whole thing is a vicious circle and is horrifically timed. Lots of these people out there, who by the way, are committing crimes, will get sick. This whole thing is peak human stupidity. 

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

@3 Stacks

TBH mate I have no idea where you are trying to go here.

Sounds like you are pining for the good ol' status quo.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Police have murdered black people in the states forever, you think this George Floyd incident was really the "last straw"?

Don't know if you've noticed, but lots of people right now are out of work and have nothing to do/lose. This whole thing is a vicious circle and is horrifically timed. Lots of these people out there, who by the way, are committing crimes, will get sick. This whole thing is peak human stupidity. 

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I absolutely agree that some people will be out kicking off and looting with no real invested interest in why people are so pissed off. I think though by and large this has (rightly) caused absolute outrage. I pray we don't see Rodney King style riots but you can't blame people for taking a stand. Anyone who does is a fucikng tory. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I absolutely agree that some people will be out kicking off and looting with no real invested interest in why people are so pissed off. I think though by and large this has (rightly) caused absolute outrage. I pray we don't see Rodney King style riots but you can't blame people for taking a stand. Anyone who does is a fucikng tory. 

I don't mind people taking a stand, just be smart about it. This is the furthest thing from smart for a multitude of reasons. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't mind people taking a stand, just be smart about it. This is the furthest thing from smart for a multitude of reasons. 

If your asking people to act smart then your trying to climb a waterfall. People aren't smart. 

Especially in a country where the racist president has just declared Antifa a terrorist organisation. 

58 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

That probably depends on how you view progress.

There seems to be a lot of progress despite everything. It is nice to see so much racial emancipation when black cops are beating up on white people burning down black people shops as a protest for white cop killing a black man.

18 minutes ago, SasaS said:

There seems to be a lot of progress despite everything. It is nice to see so much racial emancipation when black cops are beating up on white people burning down black people shops as a protest for white cop killing a black man.

Yep, you are right, probably better off if no one noticed.

56 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Mob mentality is exactly that though, mob mentality. Wonder how many of our elders got caught up in fights outside footy matches for example, people who would not normally be violent. 

These aren't planned demonstrations, they're public outpourings of frustration and outrage built up over a long period of time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Mob mentality is exactly that though, mob mentality. Wonder how many of our elders got caught up in fights outside footy matches for example, people who would not normally be violent. 

These aren't planned demonstrations, they're public outpourings of frustration and outrage built up over a long period of time.

No F**tball on the GF.

• Downvote 3

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

Negged for continuing to talk about it.

Negged for being a revenge negger. And for being thick enough to think you can tell Section what the rules are when he was around when they were made. 

Fucking Johnny-come-lately.