You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reds in for Heinze?

Count Morfeo

FFS Rafa, come to your senses, man. Heinze is a has-been. He was rubbish in the league last season and wasn't much better in the Copa America. And the fee for a 29 year old, average defender who's suffered serious injury has risen to £7M! I think our newfound riches might be going to Rafa's head if he's willing to spend so much money on this piece of shite.

Respect tradition and do not buy from ManUre - unless it's a REALLY good player.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long term we need a world class right winger IMO. Gerrard need's to be playing in the centre, and Pennant is a good squad player but not much more than that. We need an out and out winger who can terrorise defence's week in week out.

It's pretty clear we wont be getting one this summer, so it's down to stevie and jermaine to do the job this season. But at least that mean's we should get a top notch one next year, as fund's wont need diverting to other area's of the team thank's to this year's signing's.

in rafa we trust...

until he goes after someone we think is shit? :whistle:

I wonder if Rafa see`s Heinze as the perfect teacher for Insua...since their both Argentinian?

That is the one reason I can see for signing him. Not the most inspiring signings for me if it goes through...

Long term we need a world class right winger IMO. Gerrard need's to be playing in the centre, and Pennant is a good squad player but not much more than that. We need an out and out winger who can terrorise defence's week in week out.

It's pretty clear we wont be getting one this summer, so it's down to stevie and jermaine to do the job this season. But at least that mean's we should get a top notch one next year, as fund's wont need diverting to other area's of the team thank's to this year's signing's.

if gerrard is going to be playing throught the middle long term then one of masher/alonso/momo needs to be sold

in rafa we trust...

until he goes after someone we think is shit? :whistle:

After the Houllier debacle, I won't be putting blind trust in another manager again. Rafa is not infallible and has made cock-ups before. Heinze will probably be another.

If we were after Ronaldo or Rooney I wouldn't mind us dealing with ManUre, but to break 4 decades of tradition over fucking Heinze does piss me off.

Somebody should remind Rafa that we don't like ManUre and we don't went their cast-offs at Liverpool!

After the Houllier debacle, I won't be putting blind trust in another manager again. Rafa is not infallible and has made cock-ups before. Heinze will probably be another.

If we were after Ronaldo or Rooney I wouldn't mind us dealing with ManUre, but to break 4 decades of tradition over fucking Heinze does piss me off.

Somebody should remind Rafa that we don't like ManUre and we don't went their cast-offs at Liverpool!

Wouldn't touch the horrible little shite with a barge pole. No matter what.

If he's the player we need, which the Count believes he is, then it doesn't matter about the figure. The cllub can't keep looking to the future. Sometimes you have to live in the here and now. At 29, he isn't that old for a defender.

The Count concurs with Chris. We need players of Heinze's strong mentality, not to mention that this transfer would hugely embarass United and Ferguson. Can you imagine the banners next season. The Count can.

Imagine him playing at OT????

If he's the player we need, which the Count believes he is, then it doesn't matter about the figure. The cllub can't keep looking to the future. Sometimes you have to live in the here and now. At 29, he isn't that old for a defender.

The Count concurs with Chris. We need players of Heinze's strong mentality, not to mention that this transfer would hugely embarass United and Ferguson. Can you imagine the banners next season. The Count can.

Wise words, all.

Lets forget the United part for a min if Rafa was after the Brazilian Left Back we would be all made up like wise if he was after The Argie Left Winger

The lad is a class player that cant be argued IMHO

He is 29, well the lad on the right hand side has just extended his contract or about to and he will be 34 then

OK he is a Man Utd player and that doesnt sit to well but if he is willing to put up with the shit then I'm more than prepared to welcome him into the best club side in the world

nail on head Ged

nail on head Ged

You want everything done yesterday, thats impossible. Weve made some big big signings so far & if Rafa thinks we need Heinze as cover for left back & centre half then i'm with him.

We don't need a right winger as much as we do a left back & cover for centre half. If we did then he'd of signed one surely.

All the inunsa talk is rubbish, as if rafa thought the boy was ready then he wouldnn't be after heinze.

Riise had a poor season last year, along with Aurillio's fitness problems we need cover. Heinze will bring huge experience & he also works really hard for thre team.

You want everything done yesterday, thats impossible. Weve made some big big signings so far & if Rafa thinks we need Heinze as cover for left back & centre half then i'm with him.

If Rafa signs Heinze, it won't be as a squad player. A fit Heinze is better than Riise. My biggest problem with this transfer is Heinze's fitness, but I guess we'll have to trust his (eventual) medical on that one.

Riise is seriously underrated by members of this forum. He's been part of one of the best defences in the league for the past 6 seasons.

I totally agree that he is underrated. I think he has improved a lot tactically (his positioning) under Rafa and last season I thought he did a tremendous job for us. One of the best LB i PL last year imo so I am not really worried about his quality. I can see that with Aurelio not hitting top form so far for LFC and now being injured we could do with another left back, but in my mind Heinze would not improve this position significantly (not that I think we need to either)

Riise had a poor season last year,

Not with you on that one. Thought there were few better at LB in PL last season. Very consistent, almost never in trouble and also got a few goals. Cant expect much more, really. I also like the togetherness (defending as a unit) that has developed between Riise, Carra, Agger and Finnan.

Heinze will bring huge experience & he also works really hard for thre team.

Yes, I also think we need more depth at LB and Heinze could do a good job for us. I am a bit cooler after last season but the season before that I think he was really good for United. £6 mill for a PL-proven experienced Argentinian international sounds like a good deal now that we have some more money at our disposal.