You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

38 minutes ago, John102 said:

Odd they get a wool to explain scouse terms. 

Nothing worse than when some annoying scouser makes your acquaintance in another city and starts giving it the stick together schtick

It's like when Bond goes behind the lines and hooks up with another 00, Sean Bean or some shit.

"Scouser 1 will rendezvous with Scouser 2 outside the Newcastle nightclub toilets. After it's been established who is the most scouse of the two, they will then proceed to convince each other everyone in there either fancies them or is scared of them. If no resistance is met they will then take over the city's utilities and civic defences followed by all outlying woolyback towns until reinforcements can arrive."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Posted this in the Beatles thread. Never knew heavy meant beautiful. The song “I Want You” makes much more sense now. I remember trying to find out what John could mean by it, and read that it was written about Yoko... so I assumed heavy as in deep... like a heavy topic, since she’s a bit eccentric and all. Anyways, great song that.

15 hours ago, sir roger said:

I have a nephew who I genuinely cant understand half of what he is saying and I've lived in Liverpool all of my three score years.

There are loads of young lads now who just basically talk in their own language, like a cross between uber scouse and the language that they use in Oceans 11 when they are planning a heist so that no one knows what they are on about. 

47 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

There are loads of young lads now who just basically talk in their own language, like a cross between uber scouse and the language that they use in Oceans 11 when they are planning a heist so that no one knows what they are on about. 

It must be a media influence of US and London shows and films. The amount of scousers who say 'wiv' rather than the old 'wid' or even 'wi' is quite a few.

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Hate that word,and wicked too.

Yeah same. Surely if somethings 'sick' then its vile, stinking and not a good thing at all. 

I was stood behind a fella in the tesco by mine the other day and he was on his phone. His mate or whoever it was must have been talking because the fella repeated "I know lad" about 20 times in a row. Then went "hahahahaha go ed" and hung up. No context around it whatsoever. I'm dying to know what the other person was saying. 

I'm all for equality it's a person's right to say what they want but so many young scouse women make a swear word their every other word.

"Me fuckkkkin ed is fuckkking battered ya cunt" I saw one young girl call her toddler a little prick. Its like being sassy, overtly confident has become a characteristic but not in a real way in a forced way like the person who isn't funny but tries their best to seem it. It's more noticeable on holiday like I need people to recognise my accent and my place in the world because I've fuck all else to define me.

Probably the same for other cities but you fail to notice it because it doesn't register. 

Was walking behind a middle aged couple in Times Square a couple of years back who'd seemingly just been chucked out of a pub, saying in full blown scouse 'it's supposed to be  the city that never sleeps'. I admit it, I was proud. 

14 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'm all for equality it's a person's right to say what they want but so many young scouse women make a swear word their every other word.

"Me fuckkkkin ed is fuckkking battered ya cunt" I saw one young girl call her toddler a little prick. Its like being sassy, overtly confident has become a characteristic but not in a real way in a forced way like the person who isn't funny but tries their best to seem it. It's more noticeable on holiday like I need people to recognise my accent and my place in the world because I've fuck all else to define me.

Probably the same for other cities but you fail to notice it because it doesn't register. 

I always wonder why Brummies talk loudly on holiday. I'd shut the fuck up and keep myself to myself if I spoke like them.

Its the main reason I don't really like or care for report holidays anymore. Not brummies, just the fact that I haven't spent hours in a flying tin can risking my life to sit and talk Football with Tony from Kings Lynn. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

My brother and sister in law went to Krakow last year and were in a few pubs chatting to people from Edinburgh and Bristol. They said that they didn't have strong scouse accents and could actually understand them because they spoke slowly.

My sister in law then said that most people from Liverpool who go on holiday exaggerate their accent to try to stand out from everyone like "aarrrr eeeyyy girl/lad". The scottish people said they were on a tour to Auschwitz and one scouser said "are eeeyyy cuz dis place av a fucken gift shop like?". Every person on the tour did a facepalm.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

My brother and sister in law went to Krakow last year and were in a few pubs chatting to people from Edinburgh and Bristol. They said that they didn't have strong scouse accents and could actually understand them because they spoke slowly.

My sister in law then said that most people from Liverpool who go on holiday exaggerate their accent to try to stand out from everyone like "aarrrr eeeyyy girl/lad". The scottish people said they were on a tour to Auschwitz and one scouser said "are eeeyyy cuz dis place av a fucken gift shop like?". Every person on the tour did a facepalm.

Jesus christ. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Jesus christ. 

I can imagine this person to be a cunt who no one finds funny apart from himself but constantly tells the same jokes. 

Some fella at the match always used to queue up at half time for a hot dog and would wait about 2 minutes before saying in a Dave Kirby ESD accent "Hurry up love, I ordered my hot dog when it was a pig". Then looked around to see how many people were laughing. None to be precise.

I told him it wasnt funny in August at the start of the season and it hasn't got any funnier in February. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I always wonder why Brummies talk loudly on holiday. I'd shut the fuck up and keep myself to myself if I spoke like them.

Its the main reason I don't really like or care for report holidays anymore. Not brummies, just the fact that I haven't spent hours in a flying tin can risking my life to sit and talk Football with Tony from Kings Lynn. 

Who supports Man Utd...

5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I can imagine this person to be a cunt who no one finds funny apart from himself but constantly tells the same jokes. 

Some fella at the match always used to queue up at half time for a hot dog and would wait about 2 minutes before saying in a Dave Kirby ESD accent "Hurry up love, I ordered my hot dog when it was a pig". Then looked around to see how many people were laughing. None to be precise.

I told him it wasnt funny in August at the start of the season and it hasn't got any funnier in February. 

Presumably in the toilets at the ground he shouts ' Is this where the big knobs hang out ' as well

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Presumably in the toilets at the ground he shouts ' Is this where the big knobs hang out ' as well

When I got my ticket for the 2001 FA Cup final I queued up for ages next to one of these cunts. 

Then when I got in the ground a few weeks later I had to sit next to him. Thought it was hilarious calling Hamann a "Geerrman cunt" and Emile Heskey  "Ivanhoe" which is his middle name. All the time whilst looking around to see if he got a reaction. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

I cringed reading that, embarrassing to say the least. 

There's a lot of terms I don't know of l, living elsewhere, like Lid up till a few years ago even the likes of Ketwig, though ive never heard Cuz that's truly awful, everyone down here calls each other Cuz as I think it's that most are wannabe Gypos or should I say travellers, travellers who don't go anywhere, it's a strange one, I don't know what's worse Cuz or Bruv, horrendous. 

Got a lady 2 next door but one. In her 80's. Really lovely woman but off her head. She uses a hearing aid so properly shouts when she talks to you. Anyway one of the women further down the street who is about 40 calls Vera "kid". "Ya alright kid?" "Did ye have a good birthday kid?" "Awwww kid" Makes me cringe every single time I hear her. 

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Got a lady 2 next door but one. In her 80's. Really lovely woman but off her head. She uses a hearing aid so properly shouts when she talks to you. Anyway one of the women further down the street who is about 40 calls Vera "kid". "Ya alright kid?" "Did ye have a good birthday kid?" "Awwww kid" Makes me cringe every single time I hear her. 

I can imagine, 

It’s not just a Liverpool thing, you get professional Yorkshiremen, Cockneys, etc. All of them annoying. I lived in London for a bit and used to drink in a pub full of professional Cockney dick-heads. There was one fella in particular who was louder than everyone else and always used Cockney rhyming slang. Whenever he went for a piss, he would loudly announce “I’m going for a J. Arthur” (Rank - wank).