You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our Players In Trouble On The Algarve?

1892-LFCWasBorn

I just read that the Norwegian national team coach did speak to JAR and he is not injured. But it sounds more and more that something realy bad happend :wallbutt:

So he's not injured but it sounds more and more like something really bad happened? Yeah, whatever. All you've done is shit stir non stop since yesterday.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So he's not injured but it sounds more and more like something really bad happened? Yeah, whatever. All you've done is shit stir non stop since yesterday.

I've read the interview myself. It does not bode well.

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=138945

It's in Norwegian, but the national coach says he's spoken to JAR and that the situation is not good, however the most important thing is that Riise is ok.

I've read the interview myself. It does not bode well.

I dont dispute the Norwegian coach has spoke about it but if he says he's not injured then a poster says "its looks more likely something really bad happened" its annoying as it doesnt mean that at all, if anything him not being injured means as usual its been over exagerrated considering one stupid report implies Bellamy was going at Riise's legs for ages while Riise just sat there and took it with the room mate watching.

I think it's too obvious that Pennant, Bellamy and Fowler are the players mentioned all players who have been in trouble in the past. They may have had a few words but beating the shit out of your team mates legs with a golf club is very serious. Also it's the NOTW who are running the story and we all know it's the sunday *** so i wouldn't read too much in to it yet. These are very serious allegations that are being made and if/when they are proved to be false would it be worth it for the club and players involved to take action against the paper(s) ?

I think it's too obvious that Pennant, Bellamy and Fowler are the players mentioned all players who have been in trouble in the past. They may have had a few words but beating the shit out of your team mates legs with a golf club is very serious. Also it's the NOTW who are running the story and we all know it's the sunday *** so i wouldn't read too much in to it yet. These are very serious allegations that are being made and if/when they are proved to be false would it be worth it for the club and players involved to take action against the paper(s) ?

I'd say its pretty obvious something has happened but how bad or whether it was nothing no one really knows and probably/maybe never will do.

I dont dispute the Norwegian coach has spoke about it but if he says he's not injured then a poster says "its looks more likely something really bad happened" its annoying as it doesnt mean that at all, if anything him not being injured means as usual its been over exagerrated considering one stupid report implies Bellamy was going at Riise's legs for ages while Riise just sat there and took it with the room mate watching.

That's why i'm finding it hard to believe as well. I mean Riise is hardly going to lie in bed and let Bellamy beat the shit out of him, he's going to defend himself. Also whoever was sharing a room with Riise would have jumped in to break it up.

Read my post again. The national coach said the situation was bad and that such things simply should not happen.

Make of that what you will.

Read my post again. The national coach said the situation was bad and that such things simply should not happen.

Make of that what you will.

Your post said "not good" and those two words can mean fucking anything, did he do the interview and say its not good and just give a wry smile, did he say its not good and shake his head, was it a sarcastic its not good obviously, what? Its just two words that can have any meaning

So no one is injured yet its really bad? Yeah believable.

I'd say its pretty obvious something has happened but how bad or whether it was nothing no one really knows and probably/maybe never will do.

They probably had words or something but i think it's been blown out of all proportion. The sad thing is though most people reading that this morning will take it as gospel. Oh it was in the paper so it must have happened.

They probably had words or something but i think it's been blown out of all proportion. The sad thing is though most people reading that this morning will take it as gospel. Oh it was in the paper so it must have happened.

Yep, unfortunately. Its the media job to go overboard with it but whats annoying is the people who take it all as gospel immediately.

I'm betting this is all bollox ... Really ... A few drinks, a broken glass ... A discussion .... Bit of rowdyness ... I can take all that and believe it....

But did someone really walk into the bar and say ok guys who don't wanna play for Liverpool again? Who wants to give their last chance up?

I'm betting this is all bollox ... Really ... A few drinks, a broken glass ... A discussion .... Bit of rowdyness ... I can take all that and believe it....

But did someone really walk into the bar and say ok guys who don't wanna play for Liverpool again? Who wants to give their last chance up?

When lads go on the piss they're going to get a bit loud and rowdy after a while. It just doesn't add up at all especially Bellamy and Riise. Why ould Bellamy do anything to jeopordise(sp) his chance at Liverpool. We all know he's a hot head but i don't think he'd be stupid enough to do something like that before wednesday which is the biggest game of the season for the club.

Yep, unfortunately. Its the media job to go overboard with it but whats annoying is the people who take it all as gospel immediately.

Yeah and even if it's proved to be false they still won't change their minds. Oh it was in the paper it has to be true. If they see Riise without a mark on him they'll probably see he's wearing some special make up.

Your post said "not good" and those two words can mean fucking anything, did he do the interview and say its not good and just give a wry smile, did he say its not good and shake his head, was it a sarcastic its not good obviously, what? Its just two words that can have any meaning

So no one is injured yet its really bad? Yeah believable.

Sarcastic? Ok.

According to Riise's personal advisor he did not drink at all that night, and went to bed at 11.30 pm.

Whatever the truth about all this - and I strongly suspect it's mostly a pile of shite - I want to see us take some decisive action: either hammer the players (probably not necessary) or throw some shit at the tabloids. Doubt we'll see much of a response, though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6373689.stm

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez will take disciplinary action and fine any player who breached club rules during their training camp in Portugal.

Benitez's warning follows newspaper allegations of a fracas between Craig Bellamy and John Arne Riise on the trip during last week.

According to the reports the incident followed a dispute during a night out in the Algarve resort of Vale do Lobo.

Liverpool play Barcelona in the Champions League on Wednesday.

Whatever the truth about all this - and I strongly suspect it's mostly a pile of shite - I want to see us take some decisive action: either hammer the players (probably not necessary) or throw some shit at the tabloids. Doubt we'll see much of a response, though.

I agree totally mate if it's true the players involved should get fucked off, but, if it's not, is it possible to ban the offending rags from our press conferences? I doubt if it would be worth suing them, wouldn't it? Or would the individual players named suing them make a difference?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6373689.stm

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez will take disciplinary action and fine any player who breached club rules during their training camp in Portugal.

Benitez's warning follows newspaper allegations of a fracas between Craig Bellamy and John Arne Riise on the trip during last week.

According to the reports the incident followed a dispute during a night out in the Algarve resort of Vale do Lobo.

Liverpool play Barcelona in the Champions League on Wednesday.

It's been updated now with some comments from the big man.