You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ghosts

Remmie

I had a ghost in my bedroom when I lived at home. I got used to the stuff it usedd to do. Our house was built in the 18th century. I never saw him but lots of weird stuff happened. The guitar was thrown across the room one night. Curtains were pulled in front of me. The door was pushed into me. My radio was switched on turned up to the loudest and turned down again, flicked through all the preset channels and then switched off again. Regularily heard laughter and my uncle who is in his 80s refuses to enter the house anymore cos of stuff that happened to him.

I had a ghost in my bedroom when I lived at home. I got used to the stuff it usedd to do. Our house was built in the 18th century. I never saw him but lots of weird stuff happened. The guitar was thrown across the room one night. Curtains were pulled in front of me. The door was pushed into me. My radio was switched on turned up to the loudest and turned down again, flicked through all the preset channels and then switched off again. Regularily heard laughter and my uncle who is in his 80s refuses to enter the house anymore cos of stuff that happened to him.

what happened to your uncle?

A couple girls won't go to the loo at work because they think it's haunted by a bad ghost (apparently you can get good ones). I find it astonishing that fully grown adults can believe in Ghosts. Absolutely baffling. I've found a correlation between religion and belief in ghosts so maybe it's a spirituality thing. I asked one of the girls about it and she said:"they must exist, they must, I really believe in them". When I asked if she'd ever seen one or been in the presence of one she said no. When I asked her why she was so sure she said she didn't know.

So is it a stupidity/gullibility thing or do people of a certain brain wiring have tendencies to believe in them? I can't get passed ludicrously stupid myself

get them a bucket to piss in, then when they've gone home, get it and have a good sniff! Slags.

what happened to your uncle?

He was staying in the spare room and woke up one night to see someone standing beside the bed just staring at him. Another time my sister woke up to see a coffin being carried by 6 men across her room. They were dressed in turn of the century garb.

He was staying in the spare room and woke up one night to see someone standing beside the bed just staring at him. Another time my sister woke up to see a coffin being carried by 6 men across her room. They were dressed in turn of the century garb.

Just say no kids.

Smack ruins lives.

• Upvote 1

I believe in ghosts, experiences with ouija boards were enough to convince me.

Me too, Ghosts is the kiddies term though, I believe there are spirits around and I've had my fair share of experiences which were not my imagination and were geniunely unexplainable...My Gramps has a couple too, especially with a poltergeist named Fred back in his home town of Kent in his sisters old farm house, and a wwII bomber coming into land at his air base when with the RAF, taxiing then dissapearing..

I wont go into detail because to your sceptic it sounds like something out of a fantasy land, but to those of you who geniunely have had experiences, I know how fuckin scary it is...especially at 3 in the morning on guard..

Or maybe when your sitting watching telly, the suns coming through the blinds and shining on the screen and you notice yourself, only when you look it's not your face...nor your refelction...nor the reflection of anybody who lives in the house...

Exactly- why do these ghosts never visit sceptics or during the day or large crowds? It's like with Aliens- they only ever seem to abduct incestuous rednecks.

And what exactly is the danger with ghosts- how do they threaten and endanger you exactly?

*note to self- look up 'exactly' in the thesaurus*

Exactly- why do these ghosts never visit sceptics or during the day or large crowds? It's like with Aliens- they only ever seem to abduct incestuous rednecks.

And what exactly is the danger with ghosts- how do they threaten and endanger you exactly?

*note to self- look up 'exactly' in the thesaurus*

They might be shy, or like something which you have to believe in them before you see em.

If I was a ghost, I'm pretty certain I could find better things to do than push chairs over and change channels on the TV (unless of course Eastenders was on)

Thats the bit I don't get, as Remmie said there's never any profound communal experiences of ghosts, just stories of them doing childish shit. Why the hell would and 18th century Pirate want to fuck around with a toilet roll holder?

If I was a ghost, I'm pretty certain I could find better things to do than push chairs over and change channels on the TV (unless of course Eastenders was on)

Thats the bit I don't get, as Remmie said there's never any profound communal experiences of ghosts, just stories of them doing childish shit. Why the hell would and 18th century Pirate want to fuck around with a toilet roll holder?

I would imagine a new fangled modern device such as toilet roll let alone a toilet roll holder is endlessly fascinating to an 18th century pirate. cynic ;)

I am with Remmie. Ghosts my arse. Imaginations running wild. Tired minds. Pranksters.

Surely if ghosts existed, there would be some proof by now (and by proof I mean more than your light bulb disappearing). As has already been said, I am sure ghosts would have much better things to do than carry coffins around, or play hide and seek with a light bulb...and why didn't the fucker take the light bulb out in front of your dads face? I'll tell you why...cos the senile old cow that owns the place took it out when he fucked off to the pub.

The brain plays crazy tricks on tired minds - as does light.

I wasn't tired, nor was light playing tricks...And I know both can do. 3 pairs of ears heard it and 3 pairs of eyes and seen it with me that night, plus other duty guards and civilian police, thats enough for me...3 lads do not flick the safety catch off for nothing...

Sceptics "think" they have the answer to everything, and some take the ignorant, high and mighty route and like to laugh and make fun. But in reality if and when you do come across something you simply cannot explain then come back to me. But for now, explanations dont wash with me because the explanation and the reasoning is wrong, totaly and utterly wrong..

Don't get me wrong, I aint a big believer in ghosts and I used to be like people on here "yeah thats your imagination that is" "your a nutter" "why don't spirits do this, do that" ect ect, but my experiences changed that view to an open minded one as like I said, there was no explanation whatsoever for those happenings...

Like I said, you can come back with explanations, but I'll be smiling to myself thinking you haven't got a fucking clue what your talking about...

I manage a restaurant that dates back to 1768 when it was originally a barn that stored grain for Washington's army camped near by during the American war for independence. There have always been numerous stories of the place being haunted throughout the years, and the place can be quite eerie at nighttime, especially when you are by your self doing paperwork.

Anyway, one morning I came in early at 6am to set up for a banquet party, the only other person in the restaurant was a woman from house keeping( there is a hotel on the property) cleaning the property,and her daughter was running around playing in the dining room, running between the tables.

After I got set up with my opening paperwork I came back downstairs and asked the cleaner how old her daughter was. She said she doesn't have a daughter and that the only other person she saw in the restaurant was me. I searched the entire restaurant and saw nobody, nothing. Now I know I saw a girl running around, as clear as day and dismissed her as the womans daughter.

Rightly freaked me out. The restaurant is supposed to be haunted by a little girl and some say they have seen a colonial soldier. I have an open mind on a lot of things but cant explain what happened.

I manage a restaurant that dates back to 1768 when it was originally a barn that stored grain for Washington's army camped near by during the American war for independence. There have always been numerous stories of the place being haunted throughout the years, and the place can be quite eerie at nighttime, especially when you are by your self doing paperwork.

Anyway, one morning I came in early at 6am to set up for a banquet party, the only other person in the restaurant was a woman from house keeping( there is a hotel on the property) cleaning the property,and her daughter was running around playing in the dining room, running between the tables.

After I got set up with my opening paperwork I came back downstairs and asked the cleaner how old her daughter was. She said she doesn't have a daughter and that the only other person she saw in the restaurant was me. I searched the entire restaurant and saw nobody, nothing. Now I know I saw a girl running around, as clear as day and dismissed her as the womans daughter.

Rightly freaked me out. The restaurant is supposed to be haunted by a little girl and some say they have seen a colonial soldier. I have an open mind on a lot of things but cant explain what happened.

You are Artie Bucco and I claim my £10 ;-)

I've got an open mind on this stuff. Too many sane and honest people have had too many unexplainable experiences just to dismiss it as fantasy and imagination.

Anyone care to offer a scientific explanation for what I posted above - a glass flying off a table at my head with noone's finger on it. It happened and I really wasn't drunk or stoned.

When I was 18 I was sat in a house, all the walls were swirling round, there was a fire work display going off in one corner, the table was infested with ants (didn;t like that bit) and a very little man made of fire was dancing round ........................... the last thing I remember before this was a rasta giving me a small piece of paper

Ok, it's hard to explain- but how does that make it some paranormal sub-being the obvious answer? The fact that Aikido knows all the history of that restaurant leads me to believe that he is predisposed to believing in a supernatural answer- some little kid could have been roaming free. There are so many crazy things that happen in life that to justify something unexplained as a ghost is just plain silly in my opinion. If you say to me why did the glass go flying- I ask why didn't it hit you and where has the ghost been since?

Ok, it's hard to explain- but how does that make it some paranormal sub-being the obvious answer? The fact that Aikido knows all the history of that restaurant leads me to believe that he is predisposed to believing in a supernatural answer- some little kid could have been roaming free. There are so many crazy things that happen in life that to justify something unexplained as a ghost is just plain silly in my opinion. If you say to me why did the glass go flying- I ask why didn't it hit you and where has the ghost been since?

Like I said - I've got an open mind on this stuff. If I had to explain it, I'd go for the "nobody understands the power of the human mind" angle rather than a ghost who can't throw a glass straight but who knows?

The "ghost" who "threw" it had been turning up at every ouija board session I'd done for about two years previously so maybe he's right behind me now reading this post.