You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ghosts

Remmie

A couple girls won't go to the loo at work because they think it's haunted by a bad ghost (apparently you can get good ones). I find it astonishing that fully grown adults can believe in Ghosts. Absolutely baffling. I've found a correlation between religion and belief in ghosts so maybe it's a spirituality thing. I asked one of the girls about it and she said:"they must exist, they must, I really believe in them". When I asked if she'd ever seen one or been in the presence of one she said no. When I asked her why she was so sure she said she didn't know.

So is it a stupidity/gullibility thing or do people of a certain brain wiring have tendencies to believe in them? I can't get passed ludicrously stupid myself

I've never seen or heard anything remotely paranormal so no, I don't believe in them. There could be scientific explanations though, for instance I once read of experiments carried out which involved exposing parts of the brain to a magnetic field, which gave the test subject the intense feeling that there was someone else in the room with them.

On a seperate note, It amuses me how people now reject organised religion and yet latch onto shite like ghosts, mediums, clairvoyants, the Stars etc.

i personally havent had any experiences with "the other side" myself, but my dad has an odd story

years ago he was working down in some country town in Ireland, he was staying in a B&B, nothing fancy, anyway, shaving one night the bulb in the room blew, again, nothing odd, he went to the woman of the house, told her the bulb blew, the woman got a new bulb and they both went to the room to change it, heres where the fun starts, the bulb was gone, my dad just told your woman he didnt take it out(which he didnt), he put the one in and went for a pint, thought nothing more of it

but when he got back to the digs that night the woman was waiting up for him ,she asked him did he definetly not throw the old bulb in the bin, my dad swears blind ,even to this day that he didnt take the bulb out, and seeing as him, and the woman that owned the B&B where the only ones there, they dont know who did,

she then goes on to tell my dad that her father had died in my fathers room about 3 months ago, needless to say my old man sobered fairly lively, didnt sleep a fucking wink, and got another B&B the following day, but he swears on his mothers grave he DID NOT take that bulb out

i personally havent had any experiences with "the other side" myself, but my dad has an odd story

years ago he was working down in some country town in Ireland, he was staying in a B&B, nothing fancy, anyway, shaving one night the bulb in the room blew, again, nothing odd, he went to the woman of the house, told her the bulb blew, the woman got a new bulb and they both went to the room to change it, heres where the fun starts, the bulb was gone, my dad just told your woman he didnt take it out(which he didnt), he put the one in and went for a pint, thought nothing more of it

but when he got back to the digs that night the woman was waiting up for him ,she asked him did he definetly not throw the old bulb in the bin, my dad swears blind ,even to this day that he didnt take the bulb out, and seeing as him, and the woman that owned the B&B where the only ones there, they dont know who did,

she then goes on to tell my dad that her father had died in my fathers room about 3 months ago, needless to say my old man sobered fairly lively, didnt sleep a fucking wink, and got another B&B the following day, but he swears on his mothers grave he DID NOT take that bulb out

Either your dad did it and forgot or her and someone else at the B & B did it. I find it astonishing that people would choose to believe some fucking creation invented to scare children magicked the bulb back rather then a lapse in human memory.
  • Upvote 1

It was one of your mates pushing it mate. Noticed how Ouji boards never work when 1 person does them?

I thought that.. thing is though, in the end it was just me and me mate on it and she was in a bad state, dead nervy. Dont see how it could have been her and it definately wasnt me.

I dont believe in ghosts however in late 2000 we rented a house/Cottage in Wescott surrey, most of these would have been built in the 1600s at a guess.

Anyway one night i woke up and at the window there was a draftsman painting me all dressed up in clothes from that era.

Like the good coward i was I immediately hid under the covers and cuddled up to the Mrs and in the morning he had gone. The Mrs told me I should have talked to him to find out what he wanted but fuck that for a game of soldiers

I dont believe in ghosts however in late 2000 we rented a house/Cottage in Wescott surrey, most of these would have been built in the 1600s at a guess.

Anyway one night i woke up and at the window there was a draftsman painting me all dressed up in clothes from that era.

Like the good coward i was I immediately hid under the covers and cuddled up to the Mrs and in the morning he had gone. The Mrs told me I should have talked to him to find out what he wanted but fuck that for a game of soldiers

I can't believe those douches on the FF say you are as mad as a bag of spanners! You should be on the RF more often

Either your dad did it and forgot or her and someone else at the B & B did it. I find it astonishing that people would choose to believe some fucking creation invented to scare children magicked the bulb back rather then a lapse in human memory.

im 25 now, so no need to scare me, he swears blind he didnt take it out, and your woman in the house was supposidly bricking it, as i said, she waited up for my dad to come back from the pub to ask him as it was on her mind,

im not really a believer in ghosts, but i dont tempt faith and say theres no such thing

I thought that.. thing is though, in the end it was just me and me mate on it and she was in a bad state, dead nervy. Dont see how it could have been her and it definately wasnt me.
Thing is though your not consciously doing it, Derren Brown revealed it in one of his programmes. So, in theory maybe you could do a Ouiji board on your own. The way to test it is if you get non-believers to play on the Ouiji board and see if it works then

As a scientist I shouldn't believe in things that don't have solid evidence. However, my parents old house was built in an area known for its indigenous population and lord knows what is under the foundations.

Anyway, on more than one occassion I felt that there was not only someone else in the house, but also in the same room when I knew for a fact that I was the only one home at the time. The cat would begin to act quite strangley as well, hissing at thin air before scampering out of the room.

As such, I am happy to sit firmly on the fence with this one.

im not really a believer in ghosts, but i dont tempt faith and say theres no such thing
I am. Come on Ghosts you big bunch of supernatural pussies feel free to spook my candy ass off, I'll take all of you, you shower of cunts. What are you going to actually do, your translucent or so I am led to believe.

I am of course assuming ghosts read my forum

It was one of your mates pushing it mate. Noticed how Ouji boards never work when 1 person does them?

I used to mess around with ouija boards a lot when I was in my teens. I gave it up when the glass flew at my head with nobody touching it. It missed and smashed on the wall behind me.

I used to mess around with ouija boards a lot when I was in my teens. I gave it up when the glass flew at my head with nobody touching it. It missed and smashed on the wall behind me.
Did you stop using drugs once you finished at university?

I think the idea of ghosts is ridiculous but i've also had 1 or 2 scary ouija board moments at uni and pretty convinced that i've seen strange things. Of course there could be a rational explanation for everything but i still like to keep an open mind on these things.

Remmie, I personally don't believe in ghosts myself, but I don't feel the need to belittle everyone that does, I think most stories are the case of an over active imagination but some stories are very difficult to justify under current scientific criteria. Anyone read the Haunted liverpool series?

The introduction of the first book offers (what he percieves) as a logical scientific explanation for spectes and such.

When I was younger the boys were always looking to play an oujia board, have heard some strange stories about people playing them in the Gaeltacht regions in Ireland. I always thought Spin the Bottle would be better craic myself. (as long as there were a couple of cailins about obviously)