You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'To Sit or to Stand' - The Great British Debate

thechap

Do you sit or stand to wipe?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Do you sit or stand to wipe?

• I remain seated
    • I stand

What's next; sitting down for a piss?

While the 'sit down piss' does initially make one recoil, I can see that it does have merits to it. ie. no spraying everywhere, comfort, thinking/reading time, less chance of leakage once hose is replaced...

Which leads to the really important question: Bog Roll, do you fold or scrunch?

Dear God man, fold. If you scrunched it would be like making one of those childs pictures with scrunched up bits of paper, only in the colour brown!

I am certainly a folder - folding has its benefits, such as far less chance of breaking through and getting shitfingered. If you are running low on roll, you can always refold and wipe again!

-- There's nothing worse than getting shitfingered. Even after a good scrub you can still smell it later in the day when you go to pick/scratch (depending on whether you are being honest or not) your nose.

Where's the option for mix and match? My diet has recently gone even more fruit and veg than before with the consequent benefit of infinitely less sticky poos. Therefore, the extra wiping power of the standing position is currently not required. However, when the winter kicks in with its accompanying hearty meat dishes diet, I reckon I'll be on my toes once more. And that's before I get to the Friday night Guiness.

I am environmentally friendly and only actually wipe about once a month to save bog roll

If you time the scissor bone manouevre properly there is little or no overhang and therefore no real need for unnecessary wipeage.

Its the little things that can save the planet people - be green - wipe only when absolutely necessary.

I think it depends on flow myself. If its a heavy flow, day after a curry type thing, then sittign down will suffice. But if you've been dining on lots of doughy stuff, and just getting a pip out is a real eye watering experience, never mind pushing out what look like jet black pieces of plastic from your arse, then standing up is sometimes required to ensure cleanleness. Noone wants a small piece of what looks like jet black plasitc on their finger when they next have a scratch.....

I went through a period years ago of forcefully pulling my cheeks apart to try and prevent claggs. However it didn't last long because although successful, I realised that even though I was alone it removed all my dignity.

Also, how wasteful is scrunching? Scrunch 6 squares and it can be used only once. Fold it and it can be used several times more.

Save the planet - fold your bog paper. Scrunch and we're heading for disaster.

Ok - hands up. Who has been shitfingered within the last week?

(easy enough - little splash, wet bum, wet paper.... shitfinger!)

Got a shitty thumb this evening from my boy's nappy. And yes, it does linger. It's like it impregnates your skin.

I do the first wipe while still sat down. This clears any 'overflow' there may be. I then stand to complete the cleansing operation. I wasn't aware of my routine until this thread and a cup of coffee got me to the toilet. Know thyself as Socrotes might have said.

• 11 months later...