You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Eternal Question: Luis Garcia?

RedKnight

Would you keep Garcia?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would you keep Garcia?

No.

ARE YOU MENTAL??

One of the most talented players in the premiership. Sure he only has about 10 mins on fire and manages to be frustrating every match but take away Juventus, Chelsea, Leverkusen, Everton, Chelsea results he's not worth keeping.

O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o

Lil Luis. I love him. Dont take him away.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and 3 lads who know cock all about footy..........

That'll go down well. Funny though, none the less (quite mad too as they are without doubt 3 of the better posters on here).

Luis Garcia in the team makes us far more of a threat. He is hard for oppostion players to pick up because he doesn't really have a defined, rigid role and has the imagination and freedom to go looking for the ball in dangerous areas. His work rate is top class, he works as hard as anone when we don't have the ball. He blows hot and cold, but like Hamann seens to save his best for the very big games. I accept that there's better players out there and that he may not be here long enough to get a testimonial, but I fail to see how anyone can be so down on the lad that they'd be glad to see the back of him, I can think of several candidates over Luis who I'd be gladly rid of.

No.

ARE YOU MENTAL??

One of the most talented players in the premiership. Sure he only has about 10 mins on fire and manages to be frustrating every match but take away Juventus, Chelsea, Leverkusen, Everton, Chelsea results he's not worth keeping.

O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o

Lil Luis. I love him. Dont take him away.

How many times did you change your mind in that post?

;)

I'd keep him.

As frustrating as he has been he still ships in with great goals and also contributes to the team cause. He closes down opponents and I'll always remember the derby match last season when he was playing through injury because we've used all our subs and still chased back to help defending. His creativity can unlock the opponent's defense.

I think his best position is just behind the striker(s) but not the winger. I'd play him there.

We need a Luis Garcia type of player in the team, and as long as we have him I don't see why we should exchange him with someone else. Look at his CV and tell me he hasn't been worth his weight in gold for LiverpoolFC. Yes, but.....you might not say.

Of course we should keep Luis Garcia. I cannot believe how anyone would want to get rid of him. I really like Luis and hate it when anyone slags him off. Yes, he can lose the ball at times but he is also skillful and scores important goals. I would rather have a player like him in the side, than some boring safe player who never takes risks.

Of course we should keep Luis Garcia. I cannot believe how anyone would want to get rid of him. I really like Luis and hate it when anyone slags him off. Yes, he can lose the ball at times but he is also skillful and scores important goals. I would rather have a player like him in the side, than some boring safe player who never takes risks.

Do you fancy him by any chance?

We need a Luis Garcia type of player in the team

I think we probably need a Luis Garcia type of player in the squad as opposed to the team, in much the same way as we previously needed a Fairclough in the squad, or a Rosenthal. (Although in a totally different way to Ingerland needing a Hargreaves in the squad).

The case for the defence m'lud is as follows:

1. He ain't a winger, but play him in a free role and he frequently takes the piss out of the opposition with fantastic randomness.

2. He tries hugely to track back - although his tackling is a bit (okay, a lot) awry (Was he not the player that committed the most fouls last season?)

3. He plays with a massive smile on his face, and genuinely seems to love the club - he cannot be accused of not giving 100% for the cause. The fact that he is not in the same physical mould as Carra, Finnan or Gerrard sometimes makes this less obvious to onlookers, but he really does give a shit...

4. One of the best songs to originate from the Kop for many a year - who else could we buy of the same quality and indeed height whos name rhymes with "Sangria"?

"All I can say is there was no doubt that one was over the line, for sure," said the Spaniard.
(from the offal)

Please don't take our Luis away...

Guest TK-421
Thank god for that. Imagine our scoring rate?

Oh christ, can of worms . . .

I bet he could hold up the ball well though and help bring the midfield Carragher's into the game its not all about scoring goals you know. With 4 Carragher's at the back and Carra in goal we wouldn't concede that many, Carra up front could hold the ball up and the attacking midfield Carras could join in, even the holding midfield Carra might chip in with goals so goals would be spread throughout the team. If we added a 20 goals a season man to a team of Carraghers we could definitely overtake Chelsea.

The question is, are you pretty? Which is far more important.

Blimey Rash, didn't realise you were such a smooth operator...

Smooth Operator,

And Crouchy hater,

"Just sack the board",

He shouts every day,

"Sign the big names",

(From PC footy games),

Or please just take that Rashid away,

Apologies if it doesn't scan correctly, but a homage to your good self is without doubt long overdue. (In order to retain relevance the above is to be sang to the tune of the Lil Luis/Don't take my sunshine away).

Rashid, I salute you... :wallbutt: :wallbutt:

Blimey Rash, didn't realise you were such a smooth operator...

Smooth Operator,

And Crouchy hater,

"Just sack the board",

He shouts every day,

"Sign the big names",

(From PC footy games),

Or please just take that Rashid away,

Apologies if it doesn't scan correctly, but a homage to your good self is without doubt long overdue. (In order to retain relevance the above is to be sang to the tune of the Lil Luis/Don't take my sunshine away).

Rashid, I salute you... :wallbutt: :wallbutt:

Very funny, but as for Rashid's question, I doubt I am up to his high standards!

MLB summed it up well for me - if he could do the simple things as well as scoring important goals then i'd keep him.

I think we should be looking at players who are a more consistent with their use of the ball.

A few years ago we where crying out for a player like luis. When Ged was incharge we didnt have that player who could help open teams up when the opposition packed the defence. In luis i think we have got that. Yes he is bloody frustrating but if he was consitantly brilliant would he have the same unpedictable effect as he has now. I dont think so. He would be a marked man. And unless we where signing someone of zidans quality we are not going to be signing someone who is always consitantly good.

1. Pennent not always good. Had a shit game against everton.

2. SWP could be a answer but not sure he has hardly played this year to give a idea of his consistancy.

As i say unless we are going to find another zidane type player which is likely to cost us all of 20m + it is going to be very hard to find someone who is both unpredictable and consistant.