You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ruben Amorim

3 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

If it’s Amorim then we will need two centre halves a new defensive midfielder and an attacker, two if Salah goes. I hope though he takes a look at Morton because I like that kid, and you never know he might do something with Carvalho other than sell him.

all the experts here on the forum. 

Surely you lads are wasted here, you'se should be managing at the highest level!!!!

all joking aside, none of us have a clue which way this "system" of amorims will suit, or not suit our players. 

for all we know they'll bloody thrive under this new guy

3 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

all the experts here on the forum. 

Surely you lads are wasted here, you'se should be managing at the highest level!!!!

all joking aside, none of us have a clue which way this "system" of amorims will suit, or not suit our players. 

for all we know they'll bloody thrive under this new guy

If he plays 3 at the back we have 4 centre halves and Matip who is off it would be two instead of the one we need. I should have mentioned this is if he keeps his usual system, he may not. We need better in midfield than Endo whoever manages us and a new right sided attacker is a necessity in my eyes,two if Salah goes.

As for your last sentence I would be made up for others to thrive that’s why I mentioned Morton and Carvalho. We all like weigh in with our thoughts mate.

5 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

If he plays 3 at the back we have 4 centre halves and Matip who is off it would be two instead of the one we need. I should have mentioned this is if he keeps his usual system, he may not. We need better in midfield than Endo whoever manages us and a new right sided attacker is a necessity in my eyes,two if Salah goes.

As for your last sentence I would be made up for others to thrive that’s why I mentioned Morton and Carvalho. We all like weigh in with our thoughts mate.

Obviously everything needs a pinch of salt but seen reports we are looking at Carvalho being in the squad next year. 

On the RM in Amorim system Szoboszlai looks like a option at that AM/Winger spots, it where he lines up for Hungary 

9 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Obviously everything needs a pinch of salt but seen reports we are looking at Carvalho being in the squad next year. 

On the RM in Amorim system Szoboszlai looks like a option at that AM/Winger spots, it where he lines up for Hungary 

Yeah you’re right about Szoboszlai. Maybe Ramsay can stay fit for five minutes and get a game at some point too.

7 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Yeah you’re right about Szoboszlai. Maybe Ramsay can stay fit for five minutes and get a game at some point too.

Ramsay isn't a consideration. He can't even get in the squad at Bolton in league 1, even though he's fit. He's only made the squad 7 times, 5 of them were his first 5 there and he hasn't played a minute since then. We need to find him a club to go and play at and see if he can recover from such a long time mostly without playing football. Some kids never recover from missing that amount of football. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Ramsay isn't a consideration. He can't even get in the squad at Bolton in league 1, even though he's fit. He's only made the squad 7 times, 5 of them were his first 5 there and he hasn't played a minute since then. We need to find him a club to go and play at and see if he can recover from such a long time mostly without playing football. Some kids never recover from missing that amount of football. 

I'd offer back to a Scottish club. Soneone thar will play him each week. Clarkson, Kent,Beck have all done well and either earned a move or improved up there

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I never said he would be getting a game for us Baz. And you’re right about him, I was being sarcastic. I think.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Ramsay isn't a consideration. He can't even get in the squad at Bolton in league 1

Bolton were never going to play him, they were not going to introduce him to a new system/role on their dime. They bought another RB last window and have played Ramsey just once in a forward/RM role. His loan this season shows nothing about his quality.

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Bolton were never going to play him, they were not going to introduce him to a new system/role on their dime. They played him once in a forward role. His loan this season shows nothing about his quality.

They were never going to play him? Shouldn't our team who look at loans have something like that in mind before sending him there? Is he that bad, we don't even want him in training? 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

They were never going to play him? Shouldn't our team who look at loans have something like that in mind before sending him there? Is he that bad, we don't even want him in training? 

He was a month off a knee injury, so he is so bad the club decided to let him rehab on someone else dime.

He is a cracking young player.

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He was a month off a knee injury, so he is so bad the club decided to let him rehab on someone else dime.

He is a cracking young player.

He wasn't in rehab though. He was available and played as soon as he arrived there. And quickly they dumped him out of the squad. The only games he's missed at Bolton are a couple with illness. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

He wasn't in rehab though. He was available and played as soon as he arrived there. And quickly they dumped him out of the squad. The only games he's missed at Bolton are a couple with illness. 

He was 8 weeks back from a knee injury. He started one game and played for 45 minutes. You may think it is because he is shite. I don't, he is a great young player. Seems strange to want to write off a kid has shown quality already and massive potential who just turned 20 but, whatevz.

This loan shows nothing about his quality. I could care less what the Bolton manager thinks of him. 

38 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He was 8 weeks back from a knee injury. He started one game and played for 45 minutes. You may think it is because he is shite. I don't, he is a great young player. Seems strange to want to write off a kid has shown quality already and massive potential who just turned 20 but, whatevz.

This loan shows nothing about his quality. I could care less what the Bolton manager thinks of him. 

I think he's gonna a good player.  

6 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I didn't write him off. I said he's not a candidate to play next season and we should find him a club where he'll play some football.