You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H) - Sat 10th Feb 2024 (3:00pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, gkmacca said:

I presume this 'bit of a flu bug' is actually the common cold. You don't play through the flu, nor shake it off within a couple of days. It's as if Covid never happened.

Klopp is a master of the understatement. I think he said 'Thiago's got a niggly injury' about 18 months ago!

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Flu , Illness, Sickness ?  What the fuck are these young, ridiculously fit athletes with constant medical access doing ?

I am 63 and about 14 stone and can't remember having an 'illness' that would have made me miss a game since a hernia op about 7 years ago.

Yes, but you were playing Subbuteo.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

The whole side could have the fucking plague and we'd still be beating these 4-0. They are mind-bogglingly shite.

Coming back to offer comment on this post tomorrow after Burnley’s 3-1 win. 

On 08/02/2024 at 10:23, VladimirIlyich said:

We catch Burnley just as they aren't at their worst and off the back of our worst league performance of the season. Will be a tough game.

But if we can pass that test

We'll know our worst is better than their best 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, janmolby said:

Is Gomez out?

Think he is one of those with the 'flu' 

So nobody really knows at this stage - the big question is how many are potentially affected - we can't absorb too many on top of problems we already have.

Hopefully availability included Gomez will be OK.

On 07/02/2024 at 21:57, Smell The Glove said:

He was carrying a knock but  it was tactical. He should have STARTED. My mistake

fixed. 

No Conner which hurts my heart. I’ve just stopped trusting Trent. However, he’ll play, so I guess I’ve gotta get over it.

Keep Gravenberch away from the pitch and we’ll win.

On 08/02/2024 at 20:42, sir roger said:

The only worry I had with playing Burnley for years was Ashley Barnes backing in to centre halves and then acting like the poster from Platooon if he got any back, leading to dangerous free kicks with the orcs like Tarkowski, Keane and Wood fouling our goalie with impunity. With Kompany imagining himself as a reincarnation of Rinus Michels, I am pretty confident for this one.

https://www.ajaxdaily.com/2017/ajax-and-total-football-the-jack-reynolds-story/

• Upvote 1