You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Football

Lee909

Not much this summer but the European U21 are starting in Georgia on the 21st of June till July 8.

At the moment there is no UK coverage as sky don't seem to have bid as they are cost cutting. Someone will pick games up but hopefully all of them and not just England.

Gravenberch and Timber are in the dutch squads so if we want them need the deals done soon 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

To be honest I'm looking forward to a proper summer. It's seems a long time since we had one, so I'm happy to enjoy a bit of cricket and some music at summer gigs and football can fuck off for a while. 

I would probably agree but i work nights so games are useful to kill some time. Even without any games the extended season means its only a month before preseason kicks in

• Upvote 1

Players need time off.

Not sure what international shite there is - always seems to be something - but hopefully it is a minimum and players will get a decent break and importantly club can have a full and unspoilt pre season with players all starting at same time instead of in dribs and drabs and some hardly having any break/arriving late.

We need a solid pre season - hopefully all our key business is done ahead of it so we can get to work with all who are going to be involved, give them a good solid pre season to help them settle without interruption and without having distractions and start the job of getting back to being something like ourselves again.

Until then football can do one - just got no interest in it - need a break from it.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

Players need time off.

Not sure what international shite there is - always seems to be something - but hopefully it is a minimum and players will get a decent break and importantly club can have a full and unspoilt pre season with players all starting at same time instead of in dribs and drabs and some hardly having any break/arriving late.

We need a solid pre season - hopefully all our key business is done ahead of it so we can get to work with all who are going to be involved, give them a good solid pre season to help them settle without interruption and without having distractions and start the job of getting back to being something like ourselves again.

Until then football can do one - just got no interest in it - need a break from it.

Internationals drag on. It's weeks till the season is over for some players. Vvd & gakpo play next on 14th June for the Netherlands and that's a semi of that fuck nut nations league, so I'm guessing they don't finish till a few.weeks after that. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Internationals drag on. It's weeks till the season is over for some players. Vvd & gakpo play next on 14th June for the Netherlands and that's a semi of that fuck nut nations league, so I'm guessing they don't finish till a few.weeks after that. 

Fucking laughable.

It really is a joke - especially given season has been fucked up for that shite in Qatar and had to be extended too.....The calendar is out of control now - all caused by greed of course.

In fact just checked some last dates for our players....

Egypt 14th june

France & England 19th June 

Scotland, Portugal, Columbia & Brazil 20th june

Uruguay 21st June

And jones played in the last England u21 squad. And I'd have thought Elliot would be in it too and they're playing in the euros till what could be the 8th July. 

It's fucking mental..

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Just looked it up.

Thank fuck it is just a semi and maybe a final or a 3rd place game - 14th and 18th June and all done.

Looked up other internationals and there are qualifiers for some shite around same time.

So hopefully all done by mid to late June....shite.

There should have been an agreement for zero internationals this summer after how they have fucked with calendar to accommodate it this season - the suspension of league, late finish....all bad enough but to then add in games in the middle of fucking June on top is just taking the piss.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

To be honest I'm looking forward to a proper summer. It's seems a long time since we had one, so I'm happy to enjoy a bit of cricket and some music at summer gigs and football can fuck off for a while. 

Yes - cricket and transfer dealings. Nowt else football bollocky.

• Upvote 1

I’m meant to be playing 8-a-side in a few weeks to make up numbers for my mate’s work. Should be pretty interesting, given that I haven’t played genuinely competitive footy since I was about 13 and now I’m pushing 35, suffering from spine AIDS and so out of shape that I have to sit down for half an hour after hoovering the stairs. 

I’ll show those boys that I’ve still got a few skills before I inevitably have to give up after five minutes. 

Apparently the first few rounds will be put behind the bar for us afterwards so I might dress smart/casual with the anticipation of staying out. That’s how little effort I envisage myself putting in. It’s been a good 10 years since I even had a game of heads & vols.

Apparently they’re all bringing proper astro boots, shinnies, stuff like that. I’ll be wearing denim shorts and trying not to get my trainees dirty. 

17 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Couldn't agree more. I am going to Day 3 & 4 of the Cricket World Test Championship final in Oval and hoping to get some tickets for Ashes too. And hopefully a holiday in between. 

Fuck football until August.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Couldn't agree more. I am going to Day 3 & 4 of the Cricket World Test Championship final in Oval and hoping to get some tickets for Ashes too. And hopefully a holiday in between. 

Fuck football until August.

I enjoy a day at the oval. I know everyone creams over lords, but lords is a bit up itself for me. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I have been to all the cricket stadiums, Lords is my least favourite. 

i've not been to all. but i have done a few, old trafford, trent bridge, edgbaston, the oval and lords. i think you are right, now i think about it, lords is probably my least favourite. i dunno if i have a favourite though. lords and the oval are the ones i have been to most. 

• Upvote 1