You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

174 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

thought he was unlucky with that 1st chance,that was a

great save. He should have buried that 2nd though.

One of the lads said at half time its hard to dislike someone who has so much fire in his belly.

I think he will come good.

• Upvote 1

To be fair to Nunez, even if he’s lacking goals, contributes regularly with either assists or goals. 

Only two times this season has he played three games in a row without a goal contribution. 

In Sadio Mane’s six seasons with us he got 5, 7, 1, 7, 7, 2 assists in the league. Nunez has got 6 assists already this season together with his 5 goals. 

IMG_9685.jpeg

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, No2 said:

Every now and then Klopp gives away a little snippet in an interview that the ordinary supporter just wouldn't get. After the game tonight he mentioned Darwin kept Botman and Schar together. Just his presence meant Diaz had Livramento 1v1 and the same with Mo and Dan Burn. We had an xg of over 7, you don't get that if your centre forward isn't playing well. Frustrating as fuck watching him miss all those chances but there is a player there, I'm 100% convinced of that.

His movement was exceptional last night. i am in my new seat in the annie upper now, it is a cracking view and because of the height, watching team shape and player movement is almost frustrating at times, because you can clearly see stuff from that vantage point, it must be almost impossible to see pitch level. one of the things i found interesting last night was watching his movement when curtis is on the ball. it is clear darwin is expecting curtis to be able to find him, he goes and goes again. you can see with curtis a few times he spots it a bit late and checks the pass because darwin is either offisde by then or has already checked his run. they will make that click. i think in the goodness of time curtis will realise he can just play the pass and darwin will be making the run without needing to see it first, he'll just know from darwins starting position as the ball comes into him that he will make the run. we have to remember curtis is probably being extra safe as he's fighting to keep his place.  

i find it all really promising and Macca's little cameo at the end was a great reminder of what he can bring to the speed and directness of our passing. there was a pass he made just after he came on where it was only about a 10 yard pass, but the speed he got it out of his feet ad forward was a real reminder of his ability.  and of course it was a belter for jota for the pen. 

• Upvote 7

He's movement is good, he is lively and useful, his stats are not that bad, he is behind Salah and Jota in goals per minute and in front of Gakpo and obviously Diaz which is all keeping him in the team. The problem is that you are almost resigned he won't score when a chance falls to him.

4 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

There are two kinds of strikers in this world; Michael Owen early dinkers, and drop the shoulder take it round the keeper and sweep it into an empty net ice cold killers.

Give me the Rushy, every time.

Hi, I'm Jarvinja Ilnow, and I endorse this message. Have a nice, and safe, day.

The part where the club deserves credit is that the 5 man attacking unit is now absolutely working. Teams can't stop us when they're all there. 

We'd be fucked if he was part of any kind of regular front 3 and we didn't have this sort of depth, though. The making of him as a top player has to be in times like the one upcoming, where we'll be missing a forward. We were wobbly when just Jota was gone and now it will be Salah.

He simply has to step his game up.

I don't get this obsession with him having to score the goals while Salah is away.

We could win every game 3-0 without him getting a single goal.

Clearly it would be great for him if he did start banging them in but Football is a team game so it's not the be all & end all.

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Mook said:

I don't get this obsession with him having to score the goals while Salah is away.

We could win every game 3-0 without him getting a single goal.

Clearly it would be great for him if he did start banging them in but Football is a team game so it's not the be all & end all.

exactly. as a team we need to keep winning and nothing else matters. if he was to score all the goals while salah is away, you'd then have people saying we'd become one dimensional with him in the side. because sadly there's just a desperation with some for him to fail and nothing else matters. he will never win with some. in the mean time I am enjoying us being unbeaten this season and long may it continue. 

What about when we're drawing and the best chances are dropping to the player who isn't able to finish them. I imagine that's where there's an issue, not when we win no matter what, it always an issue that can be kicked down the road if we're winning.

Draws kill teams in this league.

2 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

What about when we're drawing and the best chances are dropping to the player who isn't able to finish them. I imagine that's where there's an issue, not when we win no matter what, it always an issue that can be kicked down the road if we're winning.

imagine being this desperate for a player to fail. 

Far more desperate for him to score goals and us to win, even if the narrative is changing to he doesn't need to score or we're not set up to provide him chances to score.

I don't think we win the league this season because I think we'll draw to many games, won't only be on him but he's contributed just like other players.

Just now, TD_LFC said:

Far more desperate for him to score goals and us winning, even if the narrative is changing to he doesn't need to score or we're not set up to provide him chances to score.

did you not check the score last night? we won and are top of the league. damn this having a good side. 

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

did you not check the score last night? we won and are top of the league. damn this having a good side. 

There are two types of people in this world

1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

• Upvote 1

Like I said yesterday, I didn't think any of them were bad finishes yesterday. Not from the main chances anyway. The one on one maybe a bit central, but Dubravka was out fast. The cutback was unlucky, the header too (with the rain) and the volley was just a good save. Added a lot to the team elsewhere too.

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Where? Show me. I’ll wait 

We're demonstrably creating a lot of chances for him and he is creating a lot of chances for himself as well, to his credit, but actually, Klopp has always set up for 9's not to score, therefore, he must be missing chances on purpose.

I think even you can figure out the lack of logic here.

Just now, Pidge said:

Like I said yesterday, I didn't think any of them were bad finishes yesterday. Not from the main chances anyway. The one on one maybe a bit central, but Dubravka was out fast. The cutback was unlucky, the header too (with the rain) and the volley was just a good save. Added a lot to the team elsewhere too.

I have very few issues with his finishing yesterday either, hitting the keeper is a tangible improvement on the finishes he's been providing. the odd one may have been snatched at but that's by the by and is far more consistent with the finishing of strikers he's been compared to who also miss chances.

I'd much rather see him work the keeper than work the ball boy.