You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the Week that Was (Feb 14-18 2022)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Monday Feb 14:

Souness’ punditry yesterday when talking about the Zouma incident was…. interesting. I agreed with most of what he was saying but the bit that really jumped out was “for me, looking at that video the cat hasn’t done anything wrong”. Hahahaha fucking hell he’s talking like he’s been asked about a penalty incident!

He was proper fucking angry about it though and wasn’t having any of Carra or Micah Richards pointing out that everyone makes mistakes and you have to accept your punishment and then hopefully be allowed to move on from it. Souey was having none of that. Carra says “we don’t know what he’s been through since it happened” and Souness goes “not as much as what the cat went though”. 

He also said if he was his manager he wouldn’t pick him again and if he was his team-mate he wouldn’t want to play with him. Souness is big into animal rights and became a vegan because of how animals are treated, so this stance isn’t surprising at all really. Just imagine if it had been Pogba instead of Zouma though!

As for Zouma, he turned up for the game yesterday and then suddenly felt ill and couldn’t play. Maybe they had Souness on in the dressing room? I’ve just read all this back and how surreal is it that this is an actual conversation that took place on Sky’s Super Sunday show. The world has gone fucking mad.

Saw something today and I’m fucking raging about it. I’ll post it below so it can ruin your day as well, because it’s completely fucked up my mood. I shouldn’t let it bother me but I can’t help it. I despise everything about City but of all the things I hate about them, this fucking bald weirdo is way out there on top. I hate that he isn’t universally seen for what he is and reviled for it. Instead he has everyone kissing his arse because he’s a great coach. 

And he is a great coach. But Lance Armstrong was a great cyclist. Guardiola is fucking unhinged. Just look at him in that clip below. Ranting and rambling like a fucking madman. The fucking nerve of the cunt comparing City with us, United and Arsenal. Clubs that achieved their success through fucking decades of building things the right way and no short cuts. 

City’s success means absolutely fucking nothing and shouldn’t be given any kind of credence when talking about the great club sides. There’s a massive asterisk next to everything they’ve done, but the media are terrified to point it out for reasons known only to themselves. No pundits ever even mention the financial doping, fake sponsorships, off the books payments etc

It’s actually really strange how little it’s mentioned. Manchester City exists as a sport washing tool for Abu Dhabi, yet it feels like the football media are sports washing for Man City and covering up their cheating.

As an example, Guardiola says in the below clip that they can’t be guilty of anything because if they were guilty of something they’d be banned, but they aren’t banned so therefore they can’t be guilty. They were literally found guilty and banned. They got off because their team of high powered layers found a loophole. They didn’t even appeal the guilty verdict, they just said “you had five years to find us guilty and it’s past five years now so you can’t enforce this”.

Manchester City being bought by those cunts is undoubtedly the worst thing to ever happen to football in this country. And hardly anyone is arsed about it. Genuinely makes me fucking sick. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that 'the Week that Was' is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £3 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic

That clip of Guardiola spouting absolute bollocks is incredible. First time seeing it and it was as bad as the preview Dave gave it.

He even had the audacity to whinge about being knocked out "unfairly" from the CL. A competition they shouldn't even have been playing in the first place due to their shady shit. What a cunt.

• Upvote 2

City's and Guardiola's levels of delusion and/or desire to push a false narrative will make for a fascinating medical paper one day.

I'm starting to feel that Guardiola's increasing desperation to convince the world they're not cheating, is actually to justify (in his own mind) that he is the great manager he is lauded to be. That's what is most telling for me, despite the journalists and 'don't rock the boat' pundits blowing smoke up his arse, he himself questions it, as he can't escape his own knowledge that their achievements are underpinned by fraud.

Each success within that fraud only increases his introspection and questioning of himself. Any failure exponentially fans the flames of his self-doubt.

It must be awful living in that skin.

• Upvote 2

Mr rb14 is, of course, a Liverpool fan; he has no choice. I just passed him this tablet across the brekky table saying "Two minutes of your life, that's all", and got him to watch the Pep monologue.

By means of explanation, I said "He's a passive-aggressive version of Jose Mourinho."

And what on earth does he mean by "I know that for the elite clubs like Liverpool, Man United and especially Arsenal it is uncomfortable <Man City> being here..."? Why especially Arsenal?

4 hours ago, rb14 said:

Mr rb14 is, of course, a Liverpool fan; he has no choice. I just passed him this tablet across the brekky table saying "Two minutes of your life, that's all", and got him to watch the Pep monologue.

By means of explanation, I said "He's a passive-aggressive version of Jose Mourinho."

And what on earth does he mean by "I know that for the elite clubs like Liverpool, Man United and especially Arsenal it is uncomfortable <Man City> being here..."? Why especially Arsenal?

Could be that he sees Arsenal as the team missing out on Champions League as they've gatecrashed the established 4. Who knows though, he's such a paranoid arsehole he probably doesn't klnow himself when he's spouting this type of gibberish.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, dave u said:

if we win the title this year I dread to think what kind of madness we'll see from him and from City in general.

£200M on a single, rather average player, a new rightback and comments along the lines of we have a small squad, we cannot compete for all the trophies etc

I agree completely about City, I think the reason most in the media don't mention it is because as soon as you criticize the UAE publicly you become a target. They use military level surveillance called Pegasus spyware to spy on journalists, politicians, human rights activists, anyone who crosses them. So it's genuinely dangerous to criticize them in a public way for example the most high profile critic of theirs was killed near London about 6 months ago she was only 31.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, RedHeadedRed said:

I agree completely about City, I think the reason most in the media don't mention it is because as soon as you criticize the UAE publicly you become a target. They use military level surveillance called Pegasus spyware to spy on journalists, politicians, human rights activists, anyone who crosses them. So it's genuinely dangerous to criticize them in a public way for example the most high profile critic of theirs was killed near London about 6 months ago she was only 31.

All the more reason to praise Nick Harris and Tariq Panja. Those two are relentless in the face of horrendous abuse from the sportswashed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, dave u said:

All the more reason to praise Nick Harris and Tariq Panja. Those two are relentless in the face of horrendous abuse from the sportswashed.

Absolutely they know there are potential risks but do it anyway there's always hope with when you have journalists like that. I'm convinced that City have some on the payroll thought especially in England.

1 hour ago, RedHeadedRed said:

Absolutely they know there are potential risks but do it anyway there's always hope with when you have journalists like that. I'm convinced that City have some on the payroll thought especially in England.

They must do. What was the City match last week were the commentary were going on about ‘it’s one thing spending money but you need to spend it wisely’ going on to say City’s rate of successful signings over flops is incredible. Erm… are you sure? 
And Guardiola doesn’t get enough credit for improving players apparently. Players that cost north of £50 million.

And that clip wound me up so much I could t watch it past 1 min , the fucking weird bald fraud cunt.

We need to wrestle the title back this year, I would fucking love it. Love it.

Edit- Did I mention he is a cunt?

Can't bring myself to press play on that the despicable twat, want's an independent Catalonia and the release of separatist Politicians fighting the good fight, fair play but fuck the poor twats living in a dictatorship under your bosses rule in UAE to the point were when asked he's virtually saying 'tough shit' what a horrible phoney fucking hypocrite.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Halcyon Days said:

Can't bring myself to press play on that the despicable twat, want's an independent Catalonia and the release of separatist Politicians fighting the good fight, fair play but fuck the poor twats living in a dictatorship under your bosses rule in UAE to the point were when asked he's virtually saying 'tough shit' what a horrible phoney fucking hypocrite.

I did. Here's a brief recap.

One horrible, cheating lying cunt.

Hope that helps?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, dave u said:

Miguel Delaney deserves a shout as well as he’s called out their sports washing for ruining the sport many times, and he too has the City bots giving him homophonic abuse which seems to be their go to abuse method.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Miguel Delaney deserves a shout as well as he’s called out their sports washing for ruining the sport many times, and he too has the City bots giving him homophonic abuse which seems to be their go to abuse method.

Aye, we should take Guardiola's bawl away and send him home with his tale between his legs.

9 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Yeah he's another of the good ones. Also Rob Harris too if I remember, wasn't he the one who grilled Guardiola about off the book payments in the post match after they won the FA Cup? Guardiola was kicking off about it not being the time for it and Harris said something like "well your club won't let me in to press conferences to ask you about it so I've had to wait until now".

• Upvote 3

On 21/02/2022 at 12:12, dave u said:

if we win the title this year I dread to think what kind of madness we'll see from him and from City in general.

We've won it by being miles ahead of everyone else, which they've also done.

If we could win it this season, from behind, by chasing them down, it would really fuck with his paranoid head. To do it both ways, I think would show our Manager and players to be a more complete rounded group, capable of winning more than just one way. They've not chased anyone down to win it, as they've simply not had to, and it could really flip the insecure tit.

• Upvote 2

• dave u unpinned this topic