You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I wasn't limiting it to this particular poxy disease, for what it's worth.

And if you're advocating for measures that even Mussolini would have thought excessive, maybe it's not me that needs to fuck themself? Just a thought.

Mussolini would have thought vaccine mandates are excessive?

Are you thinking of Geoff Mussolini who works in a garage in Swindon?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

And if you're advocating for measures that even Mussolini would have thought excessive, maybe it's not me that needs to fuck themself? Just a thought.

It isn't a poxy disease, it's a very new real world pandemic that's killed over 5 million people. 

Just now, TD_LFC said:

I don't win, nobody wins because nothing changes.

It'll just be something else tomorrow.

Hahaha! Honestly I'm really happy to see that being promoted like it is. It could have a huge effect over time if they keep it going for all types of other related illness beyond this pandemic too.

10 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Is that an advert on tv? Does anyone know? I hardly ever watch the tv and always avoid adverts so honestly no idea. If they had that as a tv ad though it'd be great, with maybe a website link too at the end?

If it's not on tv, well it's still actually amazing how close they are to really doing something.

Do you realise how puddled you sound?

• Upvote 1

He "murdered many thousands of civilians, bombed the Red Cross, dropped poison gas, starved infants in concentration camps and tried to annihilate cultures deemed inferior." you may really REALLY love your job but not sure being told not to come into work is comparable.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Yeah. Strong people should give definitive black or white answers even when they don't have any information to base those opinions on.

Did I say "strong people"? I meant "morons". Morons like you.

Moron.

The pre-pandemic AngryofTuebrook would have answered my question straightaway, and you'd have rightly condemned the new Italian compulsory jab for the medical fascism it is.

The hypnotized shell of a man I'm replying to now doesn't appear to know where to turn.

Have a good look at yourself. 

1 minute ago, TheBitch said:

Do you realise how puddled you sound?

I don't really care and I've been up all night. I honestly don't watch the tv so there's no way I could've seen the advert. I get that for many that have seen it though who watch tv I must seem like a fruitcake. Fair enough.

Just now, Pureblood said:

The pre-pandemic AngryofTuebrook would have answered my question straightaway, and you'd have rightly condemned the new Italian compulsory jab for the medical fascism it is.

The hypnotized shell of a man I'm replying to now doesn't appear to know where to turn.

Have a good look at yourself. 

Pre-pandemic I would have had some very serious questions about mandatory vaccination against a virus that doesn't exist. That's true. I'll let you have that one.

6 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

This thread is ace.

Also :

DygkK1y.jpg

hahahahaha repped 

We've had much more deadly pandemics in the past, pandemics that actually had a material impact on the global population, and not once have compulsory vaccinations been mandated like this.

Ok, name a global pandemic that has killed over 5 million in 2 years with the capability to try and fight it back. 

You care too much about doubling down on your initial assessment 2 years ago because your ego outweighs your intelligence. 

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

We've had much more deadly pandemics in the past, pandemics that actually had a material impact on the global population, and not once have compulsory vaccinations been mandated like this.

I guess technically 'not once' is strictly true.

"during the American Revolutionary War, in 1777, general George Washington required all troops to be inoculated against smallpox."

"the US state of New York imposed mandatory flu vaccines on healthcare workers temporarily during the swine flu pandemic in 2009."

"Vaccination is now required in some cases for school attendance (for example, against hepatitis B in Slovenia), for organ transplants (some parts of the UK require them for kidney transplants) – and in one extreme case in Italy, to retain custody of children. Penalties for non-compliance are most often educational or financial."

etc

7 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I don't really care and I've been up all night. I honestly don't watch the tv so there's no way I could've seen the advert. I get that for many that have seen it though who watch tv I must seem like a fruitcake. Fair enough.

Yes but if you don’t watch the TV, don’t be rambling on that there’s not enough being done about it on TV, or if you don’t watch a press conference don’t come on here saying there’s nothing being said in press conferences. 

“I haven’t checked the website but there’s deffo not enough being said on the website”

Puddled. 

Get some sleep mate. You’re not gonna capture the next fortress and level up with your elves and hobbits if you’re tired. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Ok, name a global pandemic that has killed over 5 million in 2 years with the capability to try and fight it back. 

Seems a bit restrictive. You might as well tell me to name a pandemic beginning with C and ending with ovid-19.

11 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Any halfway intelligent person would understand why "probably not, it depends" is a much better answer than Yes or No.

What does it depend on?  The law is explained in the guardian article and Italian ministers have passed the vote (you know, a vote, where people actually commit to an answer).

You either agree with it or you don't, the time for "probably" has long gone.

Are you in favour of it or are you against?

3 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

I guess technically 'not once' is strictly true.

"during the American Revolutionary War, in 1777, general George Washington required all troops to be inoculated against smallpox."

"the US state of New York imposed mandatory flu vaccines on healthcare workers temporarily during the swine flu pandemic in 2009."

"Vaccination is now required in some cases for school attendance (for example, against hepatitis B in Slovenia), for organ transplants (some parts of the UK require them for kidney transplants) – and in one extreme case in Italy, to retain custody of children. Penalties for non-compliance are most often educational or financial."

etc

These are very specific and limited instances. Not one of them is mandating vaccination of the general population.

Do try to put a coherent argument together next time, it makes it so much more challenging for me.

26 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Is Stronts trying to claim the crown off TK and Iceman for the most ridiculous post of the year because this is a fucking doozy.

Dopey idiot.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Yes but if you don’t watch the TV, don’t be rambling on that there’s not enough being done about it on TV, or if you don’t watch a press conference don’t come on here saying there’s nothing being said in press conferences. 

“I haven’t checked the website but there’s deffo not enough being said on the website”

Puddled. 

Get some sleep mate. You’re not gonna capture the next fortress and level up with your elves and hobbits if you’re tired. 

TV is an absolute weak point with me but I have seen Johnson, Whitty and Vallance speaking at those coronavirus updates several times now. Mainly via some Guardian link I think, so I thought that if there's anywhere they're going to mention something important like weight in a pandemic where it's such an issue it'd be there. And I also missed the link to the NHS website on that gov page too, so another fail.

I also sat through a 50 min coronavirus update from the 4th a bit ago and they said nothing on it.

So that's still really odd to me, but yeah it's still great to know it's actually on the tv in some form and that website has info, apps, even vitamin d at the bottom too.

So I'll go and dream of some elves or something soon and give this a rest. TD_LFC has destroyed me, time to respawn then come back another time with better stats and some decent potions.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

These are very specific and limited instances. Not one of them is mandating vaccination of the general population.

Do try to put a coherent argument together next time, it makes it so much more challenging for me.

There was a small pox epidemic in 1972 in former Yugoslavia, followed by a mandatory vaccination.