You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Migrants

Bjornebye

5 hours ago, Jennings said:

This is an appalling  solution to a problem that has totally been created by the current Government. 

Just process the fucking backlog. 

What's the problem with processing the backlog? Has anyone (I'm looking at Starmer and Cooper) come up with a solution? 

This is an appalling  solution to a problem that has totally been created by the current Government. 

What's the problem with processing the backlog? Has anyone (I'm looking at Starmer and Cooper) come up with a solution? 

This Bibby Stockholm thing is a fucking disgrace.  Shame on anyone who thinks it’s ok. It’s really not. 

We can do better than this. Where has humanity gone. This is actually happening in our country. 

It's £1.6 billion well spent!

56 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Yes, a centre on French soil, which we have an agreement for but the Tories are unwilling to do it as the optics are terrible.

We could employ more assessors and speed things up that way, which again have not been allowed.

We could bring in photographic identification, a national ID card, which isn't currently mandatory and allows people to disappear easily in Blighty which is a huge incentive.

We could open safe routes, with quick processing and deportation where necessary, this would act as a huge deterrent.

We could allow claimants to work while their claims are being processed.

We could have a joint European approach with quotas and responsibilities.

Labour has suggested or reccomeded most of these.

The backlog, not including what are record numbers heading this way, is around 60,000 and the floating stain on Britain will take 500, with the other two that were planned but look mothballed holding another 1000 between them. the Rwanda scheme is 200 max at present, if it ever gets the greenlight which isn't a given. The numbers do not add up, it's all to rouse the rabble as they are now in campaign mode.

The year one year growth is obscene...

Screen Shot 2023-08-08 at 7.50.37 PM.png

That's because they have broken the system through cutting everything to the bone and ruining previously effective systems. They are only making a huge fuss now  because, in typical Tory fashion, they are trying to be saviours to a problem entirely of their own creation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

There are times (more than ever these days days) when I truly despise my country.  This is one of those times. 
And without being a multi millionaire I'm stuck here.  Fucking Tory Cunts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yes, a centre on French soil, which we have an agreement for but the Tories are unwilling to do it as the optics are terrible.

We could employ more assessors and speed things up that way, which again have not been allowed.

We could bring in photographic identification, a national ID card, which isn't currently mandatory and allows people to disappear easily in Blighty which is a huge incentive.

We could open safe routes, with quick processing and deportation where necessary, this would act as a huge deterrent.

We could allow claimants to work while their claims are being processed.

We could have a joint European approach with quotas and responsibilities.

Labour has suggested or reccomeded most of these.

The backlog, not including what are record numbers heading this way, is around 60,000 and the floating stain on Britain will take 500, with the other two that were planned but look mothballed holding another 1000 between them. the Rwanda scheme is 200 max at present, if it ever gets the greenlight which isn't a given. The numbers do not add up, it's all to rouse the rabble as they are now in campaign mode.

The year one year growth is obscene...

Screen Shot 2023-08-08 at 7.50.37 PM.png

That's because they have broken the system through cutting everything to the bone and ruining previously effective systems. They are only making a huge fuss now  because, in typical Tory fashion, they are trying to be saviours to a problem entirely of their own creation.

Yeah. There's no doubt in my mind that this is entirely a self-engineered problem for 'us' all to obsess over: run up a backlog of asylum applications, reframe it as a "swarm of migrants" and a national fucking emergency, and get their base energised into thinking this is the first and only problem that needs fixing.

If they did actually fix it (or, rather, didn't deliberately sabotage it into breaking in the first place) then their base might start asking difficult questions like: why is everyone I know who isn't a millionaire Tory donor fucking poorer than they were 13 years ago? Why doesn't anything work? Why can't I see a GP or a dentist? Why is there shit in the river and on the beach? Why is my mortgage 200 quid more expensive than it was two years ago? Why is my gas bill like paying a second mortgage?

And so on. Much better to have them thinking that there's an invasion in progress and the Labour party, in cahoots with the shadowy cabal of the Lefty Lawyers and the Anti-Growth Brigade, are trying to sabotage the defences. Fucking sick of these cunts just trying to divide us at every turn so they can cosplay at being the opposition whilst simultaneously having their hands on the steering wheel. After 13 years it's just soul destroying.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Pete said:

There are times (more than ever these days days) when I truly despise my country.  This is one of those times. 
And without being a multi millionaire I'm stuck here.  Fucking Tory Cunts.

same

the number of cretins claiming he speaks for "the people" is utterly depressing.

the bootlickers were happy for them to use a pandemic to make themslves rich,yet claim they are looking out for the british people over this. 

23 minutes ago, Manny said:

Yeah. There's no doubt in my mind that this is entirely a self-engineered problem for 'us' all to obsess over: run up a backlog of asylum applications, reframe it as a "swarm of migrants" and a national fucking emergency, and get their base energised into thinking this is the first and only problem that needs fixing.

If they did actually fix it (or, rather, didn't deliberately sabotage it into breaking in the first place) then their base might start asking difficult questions like: why is everyone I know who isn't a millionaire Tory donor fucking poorer than they were 13 years ago? Why doesn't anything work? Why can't I see a GP or a dentist? Why is there shit in the river and on the beach? Why is my mortgage 200 quid more expensive than it was two years ago? Why is my gas bill like paying a second mortgage?

And so on. Much better to have them thinking that there's an invasion in progress and the Labour party, in cahoots with the shadowy cabal of the Lefty Lawyers and the Anti-Growth Brigade, are trying to sabotage the defences. Fucking sick of these cunts just trying to divide us at every turn so they can cosplay at being the opposition whilst simultaneously having their hands on the steering wheel. After 13 years it's just soul destroying.

spot on

Jenrick appeared to do a bit of the saying the quiet bit out loud in a Sky interview today, when saying:

"There are those saying that if you process claims quickly that will fix it. That's a naive view. That just encourages more people to come."

It’s also a fairly illogical argument too. If people know that there’s a backlog and that it could be 2 to 3 years before their claim is likely to be fully decided and gone all the way through the tribunal system, surely that could in itself encourage some people to head to the UK to lodge a claim, as opposed to risking getting sent back to their country of origin in a shorter timeframe if they claimed somewhere like Germany instead? 

8 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

I think its almost unprecrendented,in this country,the shit they are try to pull.

Undermining the judicary,banning criticial journalists,cracking down on protests etc.

People are accused of over reacting but what the fuck are we sleepwalking into?

• Upvote 1

On 08/08/2023 at 19:09, Redder Lurtz said:

Their's an easy solution. An amnesty for those who've waited over a year. Or even earlier.