Sign in to follow this  
Captain Turdseye

The Open Championship 2021

Starts tomorrow. Let’s have your bets in here, as well as tournament discussion of course and all of the posts about Patrick Reed being a fat cunt. 

Paddy Power are once again doing their ‘Bet £2.50 x 2 on #WhatOdds, get a free £5 bet.’ I’ve just done it on one account, will do it on another one later. Probably gonna use the £5 bets on straight up win or e/w bets on single golfers as they’re paying 12 places but still haven’t decided who I’m going for. 

Won't be betting but I can't believe it's been 29 years since an English golfer last won the open. Faldo. 

Can't see it changing this year although as ever I'd love Rose to win.

Rahm or Hatton. A Koepka/ DeChambeu play off would obviously be the ideal outcome. Koepka to chin him. 

50 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Won't be betting but I can't believe it's been 29 years since an English golfer last won the open. Faldo. 

Rahm or Hatton. A Koepka/ DeChambeu play off would obviously be the ideal outcome. Koepka to chin him. 

Hoping those pair get partnered together in the Ryder Cup. I’d go as far as to say they (the US captain & vice captains) owe it to golf fans around the world to make it happen. 

On Justin Rose. 

9217B7CA-0A4E-4B8E-991C-14466C36F1B5.jpeg

Make it so. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Isn't Hatton English?! 

3 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Isn't Hatton English?! 

Fuck yeah, I thought he was American. Maybe he can buck the trend then. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fuck yeah, I thought he was American. Maybe he can buck the trend then. 

I heard someone tipping him on the radio this morning. So you're not alone...

Here's his write-up:

"Of all the English players who have a shot at this; Tommy Fleetwood, Paul Casey, Justin Rose etc - it's Tyrrell Hatton that I like the most. The 29-year-old has become an elite player, winning six times on the European Tour and once in America. I was very impressed by his win at the European Tour's flagship golf event - the BMW PGA Championship - last October. He closed out the tournament well and I can't seem him choking if in contention. Hatton then went on to beat Rory McIlroy at the Abu Dhabi Championship. He is comfortable in the conditions - his first two European Tour titles came at the Dunhill Links in Scotland and he has two top ten finishes at the Open from eight starts. A tough test is also up his street - his PGA Tour win at Bay Hill last year came in very windy conditions. Hatton, who is precise with his irons, has also displayed recent form, tying for second at the Palmetto Championship on the PGA Tour before closing with a 65 in Scotland last week. His Achilles heel may be his own temperament, but if Hatton can stay patient, he may be in the major circle come Sunday."

2 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

I heard someone tipping him on the radio this morning. So you're not alone...

Here's his write-up:

"Of all the English players who have a shot at this; Tommy Fleetwood, Paul Casey, Justin Rose etc - it's Tyrrell Hatton that I like the most. The 29-year-old has become an elite player, winning six times on the European Tour and once in America. I was very impressed by his win at the European Tour's flagship golf event - the BMW PGA Championship - last October. He closed out the tournament well and I can't seem him choking if in contention. Hatton then went on to beat Rory McIlroy at the Abu Dhabi Championship. He is comfortable in the conditions - his first two European Tour titles came at the Dunhill Links in Scotland and he has two top ten finishes at the Open from eight starts. A tough test is also up his street - his PGA Tour win at Bay Hill last year came in very windy conditions. Hatton, who is precise with his irons, has also displayed recent form, tying for second at the Palmetto Championship on the PGA Tour before closing with a 65 in Scotland last week. His Achilles heel may be his own temperament, but if Hatton can stay patient, he may be in the major circle come Sunday."

I actually knew he was English, had a brain fart there. As long as that wasn't Alan Brazil this morning on his 4th pint of white wine then I'm made up it's not just me with that opinion. 

I've done

£5 on Spieth to win at 16/1.

Then a load of small each way stabs.

Shauffele 16/1

Lee Minwoo   100/1

Poulter 50/1

Cink  100/1

Cam Smith  55/1

Oosthuizen 25/1

Glover  200/1

• Upvote 1

Usher, seeing as you keep backing him and it’s therefore your idea, if Stewart Cink wins (or even places inside the top 12) then I pledge to commit to a Quarter Monty subscription at some unspecified point in the future. 

64AFAB3E-D450-4DB4-BADC-03FAAEA448DF.jpeg

2096588B-9612-4CA9-9DCA-78268DD6EDDF.jpeg

Just checked the leaderboard before and the top three names on there were all my guys.

Louis -6

Spieth -5

Cink -4

Louis in the fairway bunker at 18 though so probably going to drop back

Edit - Nope, salvaged a great par.

• Upvote 1

I backed Fitzpatrick and Cam Smith.

Enjoyed today. I’ve never really had a strong opinion either way about Royal St Georges but I’ve decided that I really like it.