You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Succession

Bjornebye

20 hours ago, Megadrive Man said:

They've never really hinted at him being gay. I think it's more likely that he's asexual. 

Well,he's so sex orientated in his conversations that it's entirely possible that in a world of male dominated businessmen openly admitting you are gay or bisexual would be a weakness to a man wanting to run a powerful corporation at a comparatively young age? 'He doth protest too much' and so on.

3 hours ago, Paul said:

Wow! Absolutely sensational television! Easily up there with the best ever.

It has firmly taken its place in the pantheon, hasn’t it. I have that unmistakeable ‘Ah fuck, there’s nothing else quite like this so where do I get the same hit from now?’* sense when one of the best ends, as you both can’t wait to watch the finale, yet mourn it even as you’re devouring it.

Won’t write any spoilers because I personally avoided any internet until I’d watched it, for fear of this meme-saturated era giving the ending away through a cursory flick on IG or whatever, so don’t want to ruin it for anyone else. *Suffice to say, I am rewatching all 4 seasons, starting tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Agree with the most recent comments. Behind The Wire, it's well-and-truly ensconced now in my second best of all-time (and I actually think it ended stronger than The Wire did). 

Absolutely gutted it's finished, but ended at the perfect time. I've not anticipated a series like that - watching live with a week in between each episode - since Game of Thrones. Safe to say, I feel a lot more satisfied with the way this ended.

Cunt is as cunt does.

Superlative TV.

• Upvote 1

Can't say I agree, I thought it was a pile of shit. As I posted on the TV thread, it felt to me like they couldn't be arsed putting together a story so asked a bunch of 12 year olds what should happen in the next scene on multi choice. I thought it was one of the worst finale's I've ever watched. Complete nonsense. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Can't say I agree, I thought it was a pile of shit. As I posted on the TV thread, it felt to me like they couldn't be arsed putting together a story so asked a bunch of 12 year olds what should happen in the next scene on multi choice. I thought it was one of the worst finale's I've ever watched. Complete nonsense. 

Drama all subjective obviously, but, yeah, I couldn't disagree more. 

***SPOILERS***

United they stand, devided they fall. A delicious (if wholly predictable) ending in several ways.

Desolate fuckwit Kendall, forelorn and robbed of his birthright (yeh, righto), pointless playboy fuckwit Roman left to wander aimlessly, and hoity toity heifer Siobhan, so high and mighty, finally realising her place, hoovering up after her husband and ultimate victor, Tom.

I think Tom and Roman were the best actors imo, both actors turning in stellar performances at times throughout.

The writing and the pacing though, I've been very critical at times, and I think those criticisms stand up. This show was formulaic and glacial.

I'm pleased they nailed the landing though and I will miss Succession, for all of its faults it was still fresh and very well done.

6/10 for the show, 9/10 for the episode.

3 hours ago, Hoddy said:

Agree with the most recent comments. Behind The Wire, it's well-and-truly ensconced now in my second best of all-time (and I actually think it ended stronger than The Wire did). 

Absolutely gutted it's finished, but ended at the perfect time. I've not anticipated a series like that - watching live with a week in between each episode - since Game of Thrones. Safe to say, I feel a lot more satisfied with the way this ended.

Cunt is as cunt does.

Superlative TV.

Agree with every word. 

I felt it showed brilliantly how utterly fucked up by their dad the three younger siblings were. In fact, to me, that’s why Shiv killed it: she was opting them all out. She tells Ken she loves him even as she fucks him over. The thing with Tom at the end wasn’t a power play or the result of her machinations; it was an acceptance of “This is the life I want now: parenthood with my child’s father”. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I thought it was a very good episode but didn't see much of a 'finale' about it.

Yeah 

*SPOILERS*

There's no fucking reason why they couldn't just go again next week and all turn on each other 5 times an episode again.  

Very good show from start to finish. I'm not as high on it as some others on here. It wouldn't make my top 10 shows of all time but definitely one of the best shows of the last few years.

I know he's a dipshit but I actually felt sorry for Kendall. He's going to spiral into the depths again now. Shiv the biggest cunt.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Elite said:

Very good show from start to finish. I'm not as high on it as some others on here. It wouldn't make my top 10 shows of all time but definitely one of the best shows of the last few years.

I know he's a dipshit but I actually felt sorry for Kendall. He's going to spiral into the depths again now. Shiv the biggest cunt.

I think that’s one of the things that makes it great: it makes you feel sympathy for these despicable, irredeemable cunts. 

8 minutes ago, Paul said:

I think that’s one of the things that makes it great: it makes you feel sympathy for these despicable, irredeemable cunts. 

Actually I feel the exact opposite and maybe is why I am not really into it. I don't give a fuck what happens to any of them - so I watch it, but I didn't care who came out on top because every one of them is horrible, even the ones who were.mostly there for comic relief. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Elite said:

I was convinced he was launching himself into the water at the end. Shiv the biggest cunt in a TV show since Joffrey. 

• Upvote 1

I got into this show really late. I started watching it one day because I was bored and wanted to put something on while working.

I agree with Barry to a certain extent. There's no-one to root for, like watching heel vs heel wrestling matches, or next-weekend's F* C*p F***l. it's hard to get emotionally involved when you really don't connect with any of the characters.

I broke my own rule by binge watching the entire thing, an incredibly inferior way to watch anything that deserves proper attention. I just felt they changed their minds and turned on each other too often for it to really hit when the betrayals happen. It was a loop of that Always Sunny episode where Mac says "I'm playing both sides so I always come out on top." 

Almost ludicrous at times, but that may have also been down to me overdoing it so the heel turns were 30 minutes apart rather than a week apart.

Once I'd caught up, I enjoyed it a lot more watching the last 3-4 episodes week by week. 

The ending was apt. The Shakespearian tragedy of them all ending up with nothing because they couldn't countenance the idea that one of them had something the others didn't.