You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

15 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah pretty much all of the west will be providing the Ukrainians with intelligence on troop movements and where their command are. It’s prob one of the main reasons the Ukrainians are doing so well. 

For the people who think this is all the wests fault.

At what point do you think we should finally stand up to Putin? Without googling everything he's ever done, off the top of my head, he's fucked about in Chechnya (where they got accused of war crimes incidentally), Crimea previously and now wants more of Ukraine, he's poisoned people on UK soil using radioactive materials and biological weapons, started talking about nuking the world and it's claimed he also wants to take over other countries.

That's obviously not including matters like poisoning his opponents, having them arrested and all the other heinous shit he's pulling at home as well. 

Surely there is a point where you start to think that maybe, just maybe, Putin might be a bit of a cunt who probably should be put down. 

Obviously the truth is, a fuck like Putin, appeasement don't work.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

58 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Yeah pretty much all of the west will be providing the Ukrainians with intelligence on troop movements and where their command are. It’s prob one of the main reasons the Ukrainians are doing so well. 

Its like WW3 without all of the protagonists getting their hands dirty. 

10 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Rumours Ukrainians have hit another ship.  Big if true, unless an underdog fighting back against brutal invaders upsets you.  Which somehow it does to some on here. 

You’d think the Russians their military seems laughably bad.

26 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

Gnasher is 1939…

If the League of Nations had not pushed those peace loving, law abiding Nazi’s, Hitler would not have invaded Poland… he had no choice.

Of course I am fella.

On 05/05/2022 at 16:50, Gnasher said:

I'd suggest anyone dismissing the Popes words/intervention on the crisis in Ukraine as a kind of irrelevance are very much wide of the mark. A fair few Catholic countries in the world.

Big fan of neocon supporters of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars and their views, are you? Interesting. I’ll add that to the list with unelected leaders with no speciality in anything other than religion. 

I wish someone would translate more of what's being said on Russian state TV, which as a reminder is fully scripted by the Kremlin, for the English-speaking world. Every time I watch it I am struck by how the "Ukraine should give in and give Russia part of their country to make peace" crowd doesn't understand Russia's point of view at all!

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

As if the poor fuckers haven't suffered enough...

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/u2-bono-the-edge-acoustic-set-kyiv-bomb-shelter-1350428/

Fuck off, Bongo.

I used exactly the same phrase. 

Horrific article in the Times today about a village occupied by Russians.  It didn’t end well for the women of the village, or the old men who tried to stop it.  Fucking NATO. 

Tom Cooper update, this one with a lot of details.

https://medium.com/@x_TomCooper_x/ukraine-war-7-8-may-2022-fec911e68251

Tom is frustrated by all the misinformation from both sides. Some confusing (to me) reports about UKR sending inexperienced and insufficiently equipped troops into battle.

What I don't understand: why were they turning back volunteers in February and March then? Why they don't simply conscript half a million people now if they are no longer following the policy of only trained soldiers should be fighting in the toughest theaters?