You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

Now I didn't watch the game but got to laugh at Mourinho and Holberg(however its spelt) we dominated and deserved to win. Had more possession and good chances. Yeah you had the ball 22 shots to 11, 6 shots on target to 5 and 7 corners to 3 all in Newcastle favour tends to say different. 

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Now I didn't watch the game but got to laugh at Mourinho and Holberg(however its spelt) we dominated and deserved to win. Had more possession and good chances. Yeah you had the ball 22 shots to 11, 6 shots on target to 5 and 7 corners to 3 all in Newcastle favour tends to say different. 

Don’t forget, they should have beat us twice despite being completely outplayed in both matches. 

Today should have been a 12ty-0 win for Spurs.

26 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Leicester are not home and dry either. That big Turkish grock is still in Turkey as he got covid on international duty. And the last three for them is Utd Away, Chelsea Away and Spurs home l. Not to mention Newcastle and West Brom who will be scrapping like fuck for points and West Ham next week. I'd expect them to win the Newcastle, West Brom and West Ham games still but any slip ups going into the last three and they'll be worried. 

I still think we're more likely to catch Leicester than Chelsea. They will wobble baldy again. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Despite it mathematically not being so, I 100% think CL qualification is in our own hands. 

If we put a good run together, we’ll do it. 

All the other clubs play each other to often. 

I have us favorite for 3rd.

276981EF-D31E-4FA4-86C1-A73FCCF3258B.jpeg

64D34A7F-42F1-4922-B9C9-42DBABC6A287.jpeg

B2FE0B2C-8CE2-4F70-8586-D8FFA72D8EB8.jpeg

8CD3E8E9-DE88-42BB-BAE1-5D496A319A33.jpeg

97673613-6D79-4156-B5A1-39B4AE934AAF.jpeg

5B95F878-7B9F-4B4B-8A4C-4066AFBF870D.jpeg

44 minutes ago, Code said:

I have us favorite for 3rd.

Regardless of the fixtures, an 7 point from 8 game swing is a lot. 

But we have history of good winning runs in the last few seasons that only Citeh can match. Everybody else is hugely inconsistent. If we beat Villa and Leeds, that is significant pressure on the rest. 

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Fulham or Newcastle is a better away day than Brighton, so let’s hope Brighton get dragged down. 

You're right (although not been to Newcastle), Fulham is a good one. Enjoy Brighton more though, good pubs in town beforehand, short hop on the train, great atmosphere at the ground, hop back and a good night out in town.

Even excusing some results for the injuries we have dealt with, how in the fuck do we have 4pts from 8 games against the bottom 5. Thats why we are 50/50 for a top 4 finish. Even just winning 4 of the 8 and we would be level points with the mancs in 2nd. 

35 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Regardless of the fixtures, an 7 point from 8 game swing is a lot. 

But we have history of good winning runs in the last few seasons that only Citeh can match. Everybody else is hugely inconsistent. If we beat Villa and Leeds, that is significant pressure on the rest. 

Leicester collapsed last season, Rodgers is not exactly known for delivering under pressure, it can certainly happen again. 

We are the second best team in the league, even with our current injuries. 

Sadly we had to play midfielders at the back for too long, we dont anymore. 

This is what happened to Leicester last season, they are already starting to slip up. 

Im not saying it will happen, but I would not be surprised if it did. 

7CAFEDE0-B906-4A34-AAAA-CB5BC50E69B9.jpeg

B60FA303-BE56-48AD-BFC4-91F6FFC2ED3F.jpeg