Quantcast
Ray Kennedy Boss Player - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
benwasmydog

Ray Kennedy Boss Player

Yeah

My Dad always said it was only when he misses a game that people realised how good he was. 

What a player. His current plight is really sad, might be being naive but I think clubs like ours should be looking after their former heroes. The fact he had to sell off all his medals to survive a life with a terrible medical condition is awful.

• Upvote 3

Also, sorry lads if there is another thread to him. I just wanted to get the fellas name back in the picture like the boy's are pointing out about his current situation. He was a massive influence when I watched him. Am I right in saying he was Bill's last signing?

11 minutes ago, Baltar said:

What a player. His current plight is really sad, might be being naive but I think clubs like ours should be looking after their former heroes. The fact he had to sell off all his medals to survive a life with a terrible medical condition is awful.

Yeah the clubs should do more. 

Especially for cases like his, not so much the morons that blow today's cash footballers get. If the PFA wasn't headed by a money hungry dinosaur they should be the ones stepping in. A footballers medical fund etc set up to help those in need. Even 0.5% on wages and X amount on signing on, transfer and agents fees. 

• Upvote 2

I can't comment on whether the club are helping the fella out or not with his medical bills, I genuinely don't know. They should be in my humble opinion. All I think is, in my youth, he was a massively important player in our march to the pinnacle we are at. For what it's worth, probably one of the most outstanding players in our history. 

1 hour ago, benwasmydog said:

Also, sorry lads if there is another thread to him. I just wanted to get the fellas name back in the picture like the boy's are pointing out about his current situation. He was a massive influence when I watched him. Am I right in saying he was Bill's last signing?

Yes, he was. Signed as a striker from arsenal but, after whacking a few balls miles over the bar once too often, Bob moved him back to midfield where he really flourished for us.

Remember seeing an interview with Bob when he said they had more inquiries for him then any other player .

Who can forget his sweet strike against Bayern in the semi final of the European cup in the Olympic stadium to take us to Paris 

A proper player probably underrated by many .

10 hours ago, benwasmydog said:

I can't comment on whether the club are helping the fella out or not with his medical bills, I genuinely don't know. They should be in my humble opinion. All I think is, in my youth, he was a massively important player in our march to the pinnacle we are at. For what it's worth, probably one of the most outstanding players in our history. 

He shouldn't need help with his medical bills as we have a national health service. It is possible and likely he needs some type of care help though. The money the PFA sit on, they should 100% be at the front of this. 

certainly broke the mould when they made Ray Kennedy. in the career that he had. but he was like all the real great players, they seem to have loads of time, play at their own pace, work for the team as a unit and are deadly when it matters.

Brilliant player one of the best in Europe at the time and criminally overlooked for England due to Trevor Brooking although a decent player wasn’t in the same league as Ray...But I guess having Ron Greenwood as manager helped .

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I thought it said 'Ray Kennedy Bass Player' and wanted ask 'Which band?'

Take this to the Fish-erpool thread. 

• Upvote 2

Kennedy, Case, Sounness, McDermott. 

Still the most formidable midfield English football has ever seen.  Every one of them could do everything. 

That pass, though...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

He was a legend imo, struggled to get into the team at first due to the partnership between Keegan and Toshack but made the most when asked to deputise on the left wing and made that position his own. He had great vision and that's probably why he excelled in his new role. Great management by Bob to show faith in him and boy was he repaid. 

I loved that tribute when we played Arsenal a few years ago at Anfield, with a mosaic of a red and white 5 at one end and yellow and blue 10 at the other.

Not many players could command that sort of respect. 

• Upvote 1