You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

On 26/07/2022 at 16:06, Harry's Lad said:

I don't agree with some of the things he's done, dropping the 10 pledges for example and I hate the fact he's writing for the rag for the reasons I've stated.

I won't change my opinion on that.

But I do believe he's more Prime Ministerial and the best chance we have of booting the Tories out we have at the moment.

Can I change my mind?

57 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I see Owren Jones is on Twitter calling on his supporters to harrass Starmer if they see him on the street and to film it. This is not far from inciting violence. After the recent deaths of 2 MPs at the hands of nutters, this is irresponsible and dangerous. 

Owen Jones is a bit of a knob. But, he’s not really doing this. He’s asking people to call Starmer out for his lies and to film it. Jones has since tweeted to raise the point that he’s only asking people to do what Steve Bray does and he correctly points out that very few left/centre people have an issue with what Bray does but are now making spurious claims of inciting violence etc now that Jones has asked for someone to do the same to Starmer. 

57 minutes ago, Strontium said:

The unions must be getting worried that Starmer might win an election.

Maybe they are just wondering why they are sending large sums of money to an organisation whose leader has shown no sign of understanding or support for their members' needs. In a wider context they may also wonder whether a guy who has installed two acolytes who have promised to outdo the Tories on reducing immigration and cracking down on benefit claimants is going to ever enrich their members' lives whether he wins an election or not.

Shitting on its own support and sucking up to Tory voters ( and Tory governments, if a ministerial car is available ) may be the way Liberals work, but it should never be the Labour way.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Isn't assaulting Labour leaders hilarious, it was a couple of years back ?

Some cunt on talk-sport said he'd fill Corbyn in, on a live broadcast. Loads of outrage from certain people....... Or not. 

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Maybe they are just wondering why they are sending large sums of money to an organisation whose leader has shown no sign of understanding or support for their members' needs. In a wider context they may also wonder whether a guy who has installed two acolytes who have promised to outdo the Tories on reducing immigration and cracking down on benefit claimants is going to ever enrich their members' lives whether he wins an election or not.

Shitting on its own support and sucking up to Tory voters ( and Tory governments, if a ministerial car is available ) may be the way Liberals work, but it should never be the Labour way.

I mean, the RMT are a non-affiliated pro-Brexit union that is opposed to Labour. That's probably relevant here.

1 minute ago, Strontium said:

I mean, the RMT are a non-affiliated pro-Brexit union that is opposed to Labour. That's probably relevant here.

https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-aligns-towards-labour-whilst30618/

In any case I must have missed Starmer's fulsome support for affiliated and anti-Brexit unions during their industrial actions.

I must also have misunderstood when centrist Labour councils worked secretly with bosses to undermine actions by affiliated unions who were paying large sums for its support.

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Can Labour just split already or do we have to wait for revenge for the revenge? 

It's like being 3 nil up away at City at half time then bringing Ruddock and Karius on for Van Dijk and Allison. 

30 minutes ago, sir roger said:

When was the last time Labour won an election ‘the Labour way’? 

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

It shouldn't be. 

The Tories have provoked this strike in a "send out your hardest" challenge to all workers. It's this generation's miners' strike.  If the RMT lose this, we will all lose out. The breadth and depth of support for the RMT strikers suggest that millions of people understand that; it's a pity nobody in the leader's office seems to get it.