Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 1131 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Remarkable. 
 

Hey, when you’re 16 and 11 months it’s illegal to drive, a month later it’s fine. 

Yeah, but at the risk of sounding redundant, very few people will be legal to drive on their 17th birthday, because there is a process you go through, which involves lessons and two forms of test. You don't just hop in a Ferrari and fuck off down the M6!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Do you not think it's a big jump from being around only your family to standing with up to 4000 other people (depending on what tier level you have been placed in)?

 

Which is probably nearer the point SpyBee was trying to make.

Well that would only be allowed if the area was in Tier 1 or 2, i.e. with much lower rates of infection than now. Also, it's only outdoors and there would be social distancing within the stadium. The rules are daft and arbitrary (4000 people in Anfield would seem fine but the same amount in an 8K capacity ground would be nonsense), but you can see where they're coming from, they just need tweaking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

 

That's me.  Without the "hahahahahaha" at the end and more of a "that's how pathetic my life is" instead. The result of having a 3 and a 1 year old with no family to help meaning myself and my wife haven't been out for dinner or an evening drink together in a little over 3 years, so all the social restrictions that lockdown caused had no impact on us.  

 

Obviously only talking socially here as my wife lost her job and I've had a big paycut.  

It's the reveling in it that's the issue , not so much it being the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Do you not think it's a big jump from being around only your family to standing with up to 4000 other people (depending on what tier level you have been placed in)?

 

Which is probably nearer the point SpyBee was trying to make.

4000 fans spread around anfield would not constitute a crowd, or even close gathering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

It's the reveling in it that's the issue , not so much it being the case.

I'll see how Christmas goes.  If I'm more miserable then, and then there's another lockdown, I may allow myself some "hahahahaha's" through the tears.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Yeah, but at the risk of sounding redundant, very few people will be legal to drive on their 17th birthday, because there is a process you go through, which involves lessons and two forms of test. You don't just hop in a Ferrari and fuck off down the M6!

I never mentioned driving alone. I said drive.  Which is correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

To allow 4000 fans to sit in Anfield whilst Liverpool play, it would mean an awful lot to some, so why not.

Yeah. Better than nuttin I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going away in Feb, if I have to pay for the vaccine before hand to fly I’ve no issue with that.  Similarly if the country we visit says we need it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m going away in Feb, if I have to pay for the vaccine before hand to fly I’ve no issue with that.  Similarly if the country we visit says we need it. 

I don't think any country should demand a vax, in or out - they can have whatever travel restrictions they deem appropriate (quarantine for a certain period, negative test etc).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I don't think any country should demand a vax, in or out - they can have whatever travel restrictions they deem appropriate (quarantine for a certain period, negative test etc).

They do it for other diseases though, Yellow fever for example.  
 

Somewhere like NZ that has 14 day quarantine might insist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I hope not. I hope they treat us exactly how they've decided to work the tiers (whichever is correct - i think it will be tier 2). As much as I want everything open including pubs / restaurants for everyone, I'm sick of seeing Liverpool having one of the highest infection rates. You know what they will say though. "Look, look what we did in Liverpool and look how great we are" well actually all you did was test more people, there was no wonder cure from mass testing. 

I mentioned pubs / restaurants yesterday because of my daughter's place but also because I am baffled by the fact that the government 'science' seems no further forward to understanding which businesses / activities are the most problematical. It has been like the Hokey Cokey with various businesses open and  closed on a regular basis. I am genuinely pleased for small businesses in the gym and hairdresser sectors who have been through a nightmare but struggle to see how people lying on a piece of equipment somebody else has just sweated on is a lesser risk than people in their own bubble sitting socially distanced eating a meal in a pub or restaurant, and didnt we have a survey on here a day or two  back suggesting that after educational settings, shops are the biggest spreaders. With this lot I wouldnt be surprised if they are just doing a random round robin of businesses just so everybody gets a bit of a turn open at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

They do??

I have traveled a fair bit meself and not only have I never heard of yellow fever I most certainly have never had a vax for it.

17 African countries apparently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

They do??

I have traveled a fair bit meself and not only have I never heard of yellow fever I most certainly have never had a vax for it.

We went on a cruise last year and we needed a yellow fever jab before being allowed on board, mainly for countries around the Panama Canal area.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to have a shit load of vaccinations in the navy. They were stamped and recorded in a little blue book that you had to present when going ashore in certain countries.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Duff Man said:

I had to have a shit load of vaccinations in the navy. They were stamped and recorded in a little blue book that you had to present when going ashore in some countries.

 Anally administered?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lario said:

 Anally administered?

Ha, you jest, but at least two were actually jabs in that area, and with big needles that left you very sore. Almost writes itself, this stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

They do??

I have traveled a fair bit meself and not only have I never heard of yellow fever I most certainly have never had a vax for it.

 

18 minutes ago, sir roger said:

We went on a cruise last year and we needed a yellow fever jab before being allowed on board, mainly for countries around the Panama Canal area.

I have worked in the Merchant Navy for many years (up until 12 months ago when obviously the industry stopped) and needed yellow fever and a few other vaccines (which I can't remember, but I have stamped on papers, which I carry at all times) before being able to join ships. I would 100% expect to be required to have a Covid vaccine certificate once readily available. 

 

The Liverpool School of Tropical Medicines is a place where these vaccines are readily available and the major reason for a School of Tropical Medicine being in Liverpool is due to our Merchant Naval tradition and the weird and wonderful deceases we would bring home. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×