You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Doing drugs in front of your kids

Jose Jones

Drugs with Kids?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you / would you take drugs in front of your sprogs?

• No
    • A little bit of weed every so often
    • Definitely been on the come down the next morning
    • Yep, all sorts

I'm going to a music festival with my kids (9 and 7) next weekend.  In the olden days going to a festival would involve a little bit of sitting around in the sun with mates drinking a few beers and smoking a few spliffs.  I don't think I'll be doing that next weekend, but it made me think.  Is it ok to smoke a bit of weed with your kids so long as you don't get too stoned?  Is it worse than booze?  What age would you think the kids have to be for it to be ok?  If they're over 16 or 18 or something?

Anyway, what do you reckon?

25 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I'm going to a music festival with my kids (9 and 7) next weekend.  In the olden days going to a festival would involve a little bit of sitting around in the sun with mates drinking a few beers and smoking a few spliffs.  I don't think I'll be doing that next weekend, but it made me think.  Is it ok to smoke a bit of weed with your kids so long as you don't get too stoned?  Is it worse than booze?  What age would you think the kids have to be for it to be ok?  If they're over 16 or 18 or something?

Apart from anything else, you've got kids to look after; getting pissed or stoned then is like drink/drug driving.  Only cunts do it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

If they're 7 & 9 they're probably pilled out their nuts most weekends anyway. 

Fuck it.

• Upvote 13

No. I quit drinking so I'd always be in a responsible state if my boy needed me. I accept that's an extreme response, but when he's old enough to take care of himself I'll probably start getting pissed now and again.

I've nothing against drugs, it would be hypocritical as fuck of me if he wanted to experiment and I packed a sad about it as I did fucking loads of drugs through my late teens and 20s. If he was over 18 I'd have a smoke with him, but any younger I wouldn't.

• Upvote 1

I remember years ago a couple used to invite a few back to theirs after the pub , for a drink and smoke, I never thought nothing of it but now I think definitely not.

Even more so today with the more stronger skunk shit , you wouldn’t want your kids growing up with the smell of that as the norm. 

18 minutes ago, Istvan Kosma said:

Here's the odd thing people go with the skunk super strong daily mail thing, and mostly the public buy it and cannabis on the whole was bred by us humans to be stronger as we selected for high thc in drug pool cannabis yet the active ingredient in sativex is skunk. The UK is also the biggest medical exporter of cannabis and that being skunk yet we still lock up home growers... 

I see your point but isn’t there a more sinister side to it? I’ve smoked all my life , weed was the best , Nigerian Colombian etc, but if that was my only option I’d knock it in the head.

The smell is invasive, what ever happened to indiscretion?, as for locking people up that’s for large scale cultivation and the gang bollocks and not for someone who grew a little for personal use surely? 

I didn’t know the UK exports it at a such a large scale though , it’s used in all kinds of medicines like other plants I suppose.

I just don’t think it should be exposed to kids that’s all.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It might also help to discourage them when they get older when they see how big a cunt people who smoke it become.

I'm not sure that's fair.

I've never been a fan but most weed smokers I've met have been fairly sound, obviously you'll get a few dickheads.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'm not sure that's fair.

I've never been a fan but most weed smokers I've met have been fairly sound, obviously you'll get a few dickheads.

As somebody who has never touched recreational drugs of any kind I can only speak from my limited experience of people who do it. They largely do seem to be cunts.

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

As somebody who has never touched recreational drugs of any kind I can only speak from my limited experience of people who do it. They largely do seem to be cunts.

If you're a cunt before a smoke, it's likely you'll still be a cunt after a smoke. And vice versa.

In my experience, obviously. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

As easytoslip mentioned,if you aren't discrete while doing it that would put you in the massive cunt category for me.

Discrete? If you’d have gone somewhere with your parents at that age and they’d smoked it do you think you’d have cottened on?  Course you would.  Opens up loads of issues for me. Definitely no.  Stick to pills. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Discrete? If you’d have gone somewhere with your parents at that age and they’d smoked it do you think you’d have cottened on?  Course you would.  Opens up loads of issues for me. Definitely no.  Stick to pills. 

Pills are fucking ace like. Haven't had one in about 13 years though. Young man's game that. Although to be fair I don't do any drugs now, I rarely even drink.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Champ said:

My first reaction is ‘just no’

What does the law say about cannabis where you are, J? 

It’s illegal down here (just about legal for medicinal use), but it’s illegal in the UK too and probably slightly less of it here in general I think.

A mate of mine smokes a fair bit, he’s got his own business that’s going ok so he’s not a “way of life” kind of fellow like some people, and I think he mostly waits until his daughter is in bed. Mostly.

17 minutes ago, Istvan Kosma said:

With Skunk the smell used to worse and I mean  a lot worse, the breeder of skunk reworked the lines to take the old smell out as back then it got a lot of people busted so he took some of the Afghan away and selected sweeter less pungent plants. The actual smell (terpenes has an effect on the high, look up the entourage effect).

Yes GW pharma export the most, Theresa Mays husbands fund was the biggest shareholder and the drug minister Victoria Atkins husbands headed the company which grew the plants...

Anyway diverted the convo a bit there....

On locking people up its all done on plant count really and not plant size so it's a bit of a joke

I don’t know what amount is deemed as a criminal offence, if there is one?

It just seems that it’s used by all kinds of people these days , those that wouldn’t at one time , those who went to the Moonstone and those that went to Discos as such, but there’s an element of mongs these days that don’t give a fuck about where and when they smoke it, there’s been that element that have come in my local and smoked it in toilets , fuck knows what that’s all about, having one drink. 

Also someone I know says her next door neighbour is always out in the back smoking it and she has to close the windows from the ghastly smell , which is invasive, especially if she’s got her Grandchildren around, while they’ve got their kids running around, mind you they’re the same type that take babies and kids into the alehouse exposing them to drinking , swearing and other mongy behaviour that prevails these days but that’s another debate.