You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which player in world football would improve us the most?

Elite

Have you watched Bobby over the last couple of seasons and what he does for the team? The work rate, the pressing, dropping deep, giving licence to Mo And Mane to get forward. His game and worth to the team is worth so much more than just goals. Put Kane in our side and Salah and Mane wouldn’t be nowhere near as effective as they are. Proper team player is Bobby. Kane isn’t.

Kane may score more goals than Bobby but Salah and Mane wouldn't score as many with Kane as the No9.

It's fucking bizarre that anybody that calls themselves a Liverpool fan would still need this shit explaining to them. It's like they've never watched Bobby play a game for us.

Bobby puts more tackles in per game than most defenders do, it's a critical part of how we play.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/3960/Harry-Kane/stats

https://www.premierleague.com/players/13511/Roberto-Firmino/stats

Any of:

Hazard

Aguero

Silva

Kante

Vidal

Ramos

C Ronaldo

Messi

Greizemann

Mbappe

Eriksen

Busquets

Lewandowski

Get into our team and improve it. I've left Neymar out because he wouldn't do better than Fimino in our side. 

Not having that most of them would get in our team. Hazard, Kante, Messi and Mbappe. The others would be on the bench.

It's fucking bizarre that anybody that calls themselves a Liverpool fan would still need this shit explaining to them. It's like they've never watched Bobby play a game for us.

Bobby puts more tackles in per game than most defenders do, it's a critical part of how we play.

I appreciate what Firmino brings to the team. Trust me, I loved Dirk Kuyt. Firmino to me is similar, more skilful but inferior end product. He just doesn’t score enough to be our no nine for us to win trophies.

• Downvote 1

Kuyt played on the right.. he would’ve easily eclipsed Firmino’s tally had he played upfront IMO.

Ardja - it’s late at night and I rarely jump on FF, but I’m going to beat you badly with your lady gloves when I see you next! Then I’m going to do a kind thing and try to educate you on football.

FFS...Harry Kane, you are back in Lovren mode!

• Upvote 2

I appreciate what Firmino brings to the team. Trust me, I loved Dirk Kuyt. Firmino to me is similar, more skilful but inferior end product. He just doesn’t score enough to be our no nine for us to win trophies.

If you are going to be old school anal about positions then Salah is our striker, Firmino is our number 10 and scored 25 goals from that position last season.

You say you appreciate what Bobby brings to the team and then disparage him in the last sentence...........and he doesn’t really play as a no 9. He’s fucking everywhere. There’s not many (if any?) in the Prem that would be an improvement on Bobby, Kane is a fantastic goalscorer but he just wouldn’t bring what Bobby brings to this team. The only player I can think of who could do what Bobby does but do it better would be Suarez.

Kuyt played on the right.. he would’ve easily eclipsed Firmino’s tally had he played upfront IMO.

Stop smoking the ganja. Kuyts technique was never going to make him score more or get into this team. He had a knack though of being in the right place at the right time, but his finishing and that first touch often let him down. 

It’s not bizarre at all. Only Liverpool fans would pick Firmino over Kane as their number nine. Did we care how many tackles Michael Owen or Torres make in the first couple of years they were with us? Of course not. Tackling, tracking back, etc are all good qualities to have from your players, but goals should be the most important from your number nine.

That’s all I’m gonna say about this. I think I’ve made my my point. I don’t fancy getting beat up by Colm next time I see him.

• Downvote 1

It’s not bizarre at all. Only Liverpool fans would pick Firmino over Kane as their number nine. Did we care how many tackles Michael Owen or Torres make in the first couple of years they were with us? Of course not. Tackling, tracking back, etc are all good qualities to have from your players, but goals should be the most important from your number nine.

That’s all I’m gonna say about this. I think I’ve made my my point. I don’t fancy getting beat up by Colm next time I see him.

The most important thing is overall impact on the team. Does he help us win more as a team, and the clear answer is yes. Kane would look closer to Benteke in our team because he is incapable of doing the things the manager wants for a team. Kane gets goals in teams where the side is built around him, where he is the target for all crosses, corners, and free kicks, where he takes the pens. He doesn’t have a 44 goal attacker to the right of him and a 20 goal attacker to the left of him. He doesn’t have to sacrifice his own ‘be greedy shoot on sight and goal hang for half your goals’ policy. He is significantly worse in all the aspects I mean ruined earlier and you ignored.

Fortunately, like the rest of your dreadful calls, this isn’t happening in a million years.