You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alfie's Army

Oh Buoy

It looks like the machines will be switched off tomorrow, according to stuff being leaked on social media.

It's quite sad really.

I'm no medical expert, but from a quick Google search, it seems like the cannula (from the leaked docs) will contain a combination of drugs called midazolam and fentanyl, which will be administered in an initial low dosage to sedate and basically let him drift into death. The dosage will be increased if he suffers any traumatic symptoms after the switch off.

The death will be a natural one, the drugs not being fatal, but rather a standard treatment used in the final stages of palliative care.

However, as expected, "the Army" are already ramping up the "lethal injection" and "executed" rhetoric.

They need to take a breath, step back a bit, look at all the details and stop being such ill informed rabble rousers. It's not helping anybody.

Whoever is giving this guy legal advice is nothing short of a money grabbing cunt.

They are receiving advice from the Christian Legal Centre which appears have no solicitors or barristers, just 'lawyers' who instruct one particular barrister - Paul Diamond. It is part of an organisation called Christian Concern, which appears to be more interested in pushing its own agenda of God's law, over any concern for Alfie Evans. He and his parents are clearly being used, but dad especially appears to be a willing idiot. Diamond shares their agenda.

Somebody earlier in the thread lambasted people for mocking the working class, but that was wrong. This isn't about class. It's about smart v stupid. Stupidity and ignorance transcend class - just watch Made In Chelsea and The Only Way Is Essex, or look at the likes of Boris Johnson and James Cleverly. Many of the people in 'Alfie's Army' will come from middle class households, but they are displaying a disheartening level of stupidity and ignorance that is being channeled into a borderline dangerous rage. If we lived in the 13th Century these people would be out burning witches.

I am genuinely concerned something may go off at the hospital tomorrow at 12pm when the agreed medical plan allegedly goes into effect.

They are receiving advice from the Christian Legal Centre which appears have no solicitors or barristers, just 'lawyers' who instruct one particular barrister - Paul Diamond. It is part of an organisation called Christian Concern, which appears to be more interested in pushing its own agenda of God's law, over any concern for Alfie Evans. He and his parents are clearly being used, but dad especially appears to be a willing idiot. Diamond shares their agenda.

Somebody earlier in the thread lambasted people for mocking the working class, but that was wrong. This isn't about class. It's about smart v stupid. Stupidity and ignorance transcend class - just watch Made In Chelsea and The Only Way Is Essex, or look at the likes of Boris Johnson and James Cleverly. Many of the people in 'Alfie's Army' will come from middle class households, but they are displaying a disheartening level of stupidity and ignorance that is being channeled into a borderline dangerous rage. If we lived in the 13th Century these people would be out burning witches.

I am genuinely concerned something may go off at the hospital tomorrow at 12pm when the agreed medical plan allegedly goes into effect.

Just a note on The Only Way Is Essex, does anyone know why after the last person speaks of a scene, there's about a 1-minute pause where they're just glaring at the other person even if it's not even dramatic? 

I don't watch the show, the misses does, but I can't stop noticing the glaring part and it's really infuriating. 

Back to the point though, seems like it is today. 

Just a note on The Only Way Is Essex, does anyone know why after the last person speaks of a scene, there's about a 1-minute pause where they're just glaring at the other person even if it's not even dramatic?

I never miss the show, same as the misses , I can't stop noticing the glaring part and it's really infuriating.

Back to the point though, seems like it is today.

Fixed that for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZR8so2z.jpg

OTHASLw.jpg

Sorry, but I've lost all patience with this fuckwit and his veiled threats towards hospital staff. Any private prosecutions will be taken over by the CPS and discontinued.

Unfortunately, there was a dark and cruel streak in Herod’s character that showed itself increasingly as he grew older. His mental instability, moreover, was fed by the intrigue and deception that went on within his own family. Despite his affection for Mariamne, he was prone to violent attacks of jealousy; his sister Salome (not to be confused with her great-niece, Herodias’s daughter Salome) made good use of his natural suspicions and poisoned his mind against his wife in order to wreck the union. In the end Herod murdered Mariamne, her two sons, her brother, her grandfather, and her mother, a woman of the vilest stamp who had often aided his sister Salome’s schemes. Besides Doris and Mariamne, Herod had eight other wives and had children by six of them. He had 14 children.

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Herod-king-of-Judaea

Don't think Big Herod cared much about his son's towards the end, like. 

Obviously the specific doctors and nurses at Alder Hey will be acting completely within their own autonomy, so naming them publicly to invite hostility toward them from a baying mob would be entirely productive and fair.

If only there were some sort of legal procedure by which it could be established whether or not said doctors and nurses actions are in keeping with their professional obligations’, as endorsed by the law of the land.

Did you see their latest report though?

Alder Hey failed on absolutely everything.

http://www.cqc.org.uk/location/RBS25

Pretty amazing getting them scores with the cqc involved. My local hospital they have them failing in various things including A&E. No mention that due to cuts at least 4 of the other major local A&Es have been closed in the last few years meaning the intake at Watford has gone through the roof while the number of beds has marginally gone up

Just seen a staged photo of him kipping on the floor with a load of his stuff lying round.

Saying it's an outrage that he can't have a bed for the night. My son was in there 3 times when he was younger and they wouldn't let me have a bed for one simple reason. I lived nearby and the beds are kept for parents who have travelled long distances and the beds are very limited. The kids on my sons ward were from North Wales, Yorkshire and Telford but the parents from North Wales only got beds after having to justify it.

You are still allowed to remain there over night at your kids bedside. Again, he is distorting the truth to make the hospital look bad.

• Upvote 1

The Echo did a Facey post the other day asking for people to give accounts of their positive experiences of Alder Hey.

Some girl I know had a lad who died at about 7 years old (which was a lot longer than he was expected to live). He was born with numerous serious disabilities. I saw her posting loads of stuff about him, how he was always in and out of Alder Hey. You could tell that, as most mothers do, she loved the bones of her son.

Anyway, she made positive comments about Alder Hey and the Echo used them in a follow up story. It transpires that her lad died in similar circumstances, in that they had to take the choice to turn off life support.

Anyway, she's posted just recently to say that she's been getting loads of abuse online from "the Army" saying that the Evans family should do what they want, and not everybody is evil enough to murder their own child etc.

Fucking disgraceful.