You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Dylan was apparently a man until March 2022.  Now, he’s had 6 months as a woman he’s obviously an expert and has been chosen to represent women.  Men are such better women than women.  

Mental. I've said before on this thread, there's more to being a woman than looking like a woman, it's lived experience.

A man doesn't know what it's like to be afraid in a taxi, or walking through a park. Nor is he sexually objectified in school, college and work, or considered inferior at physical activities. 

You can't just look like a woman and claim to feel like one, not unless you want to go back in time and start again, not when it comes to shit like this. 

I've used the analogy before, but I could have my skin pigmentation changed to black but I'd never be able to speak with authority about what it feels like to grow up as black and experience the shit they go through, it'd be insulting to suggest I could.

It seems to be conveniently overlooked this whole angle. Nobody seems arsed when women become men, because it doesn't bring with it all these other issues (such as feeling safe in toilets/changing rooms etc - which is where JK Rowling is coming from, having been the victim of domestic violence herself), instead it's all purely aimed at women not 'accepting' men. 

Most pro trans people don't give a fuck either way, it's just another way to be trendy in your circles and make out that people who don't agree with you are thick. A generation ago it'd have been veganism.

• Upvote 7

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Mental. I've said before on this thread, there's more to being a woman than looking like a woman, it's lived experience.

A man doesn't know what it's like to be afraid in a taxi, or walking through a park. Nor is he sexually objectified in school, college and work, or considered inferior at physical activities. 

You can't just look like a woman and claim to feel like one, not unless you want to go back in time and start again, not when it comes to shit like this. 

I've used the analogy before, but I could have my skin pigmentation changed to black but I'd never be able to speak with authority about what it feels like to grow up as black and experience the shit they go through, it'd be insulting to suggest I could.

It seems to be conveniently overlooked this whole angle. Nobody seems arsed when women become men, because it doesn't bring with it all these other issues (such as feeling safe in toilets/changing rooms etc - which is where JK Rowling is coming from, having been the victim of domestic violence herself), instead it's all purely aimed at women not 'accepting' men. 

Most pro trans people don't give a fuck either way, it's just another way to be trendy in your circles and make out that people who don't agree with you are thick. A generation ago it'd have been veganism.

Spot on. 

Owen Jones has been spouting his usual nonsense in the last couple of days. He’s even managed to be a little bit racist by saying black men are still men like transwomen are women. When it collapses he’s absolute toast.  

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

The gender versus race question is where this whole self identification argument  collapses like a house of cards. I’ve yet to see a coherent argument as to why they differ probably  because there isn’t one. 

8 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

The gender versus race question is where this whole self identification argument  collapses like a house of cards. I’ve yet to see a coherent argument as to why they differ probably  because there isn’t one. 

It's because it's the same group of people largely arguing that there's no such thing as gender who're into the BLM stuff. They'll be unable to reconcile both opinions and will suffer complete systems failure at 2.16am, eastern standard time.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's because it's the same group of people largely arguing that there's no such thing as gender who're into the BLM stuff. They'll be unable to reconcile both opinions and will suffer complete systems failure at 2.16am, eastern standard time.

What has disappointed has been how quickly some sections of the left have been willing to throw women’s rights under the bus rather than stand up and fight. It’s intellectual cowardice. 

30 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

What has disappointed has been how quickly some sections of the left have been willing to throw women’s rights under the bus rather than stand up and fight. It’s intellectual cowardice. 

What has disappointed more is how quickly some people are to score political points off the back of it.  It's not a right/left issue there's far more to it than that and to suggest otherwise shows where someone's priorities are. If people are genuinely interested in seeking workable solutions they'll forget the politics.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Moo said:

What has disappointed more is how quickly some people are to score political points off the back of it.  It's not a right/left issue there's far more to it than that and to suggest otherwise shows where someone's priorities are. If people are genuinely interested in seeking workable solutions they'll forget the politics.

The only acceptable position is full capitulation.  Lesbians in Leeds were prevented from marching yesterday by men who think they should accept that some lesbians have dicks. That’s the state of the discourse.  Lesbians have dicks.  

1 hour ago, Moo said:

I think you’re burying your head in the sand s about this. Watch @Rico1304 video above filmed in Leeds recently. These men don’t want to find “workable solutions” , they’re incels who despise women and are using this issue to vent their anger. Take a good look at the guy in the blue hoodie with the whistle, he’s not trans in any way, he’s just consumed by anger.  There’s no celebration of women with any of these protestors, there’s just hatred. These are the authors of the death threats to Jk Rowling, these are the reason Rosie Duffield couldn’t attend the Labour Party conference. You say it’s not about politics  but Starmer won’t even answer the question about self identification. Your right though, it’s not a binary left/right issue, it’s about standing up for women and I think a lot of self identifying liberals have capitulated to the people in this video. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

This is today in Brighton.  Balaclava wearing men surrounding women. But this definitely isn’t a men’s rights movement. 

Hmm, as Willard says above, these- and the ones posted in an earlier Tweet wearing masks- are fucking Incels who've attached themselves to the movement. Dangerous, misogynistic cunts who've seen an opportunity to stoke up hatred. They need to be disowned or preferably given a fucking good kicking.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

I think you’re burying your head in the sand s about this. Watch @Rico1304 video above filmed in Leeds recently. These men don’t want to find “workable solutions” , they’re incels who despise women and are using this issue to vent their anger. Take a good look at the guy in the blue hoodie with the whistle, he’s not trans in any way, he’s just consumed by anger.  There’s no celebration of women with any of these protestors, there’s just hatred. These are the authors of the death threats to Jk Rowling, these are the reason Rosie Duffield couldn’t attend the Labour Party conference. You say it’s not about politics  but Starmer won’t even answer the question about self identification. Your right though, it’s not a binary left/right issue, it’s about standing up for women and I think a lot of self identifying liberals have capitulated to the people in this video. 

It's not about politics. Starmer isn't the only one who won't answer questions, it's happened across the Tory party too.  People seeking to make it party political are really not helping.

If it's about hatred and capitulation what is playing party politics going to do to help? You think these "incels" you refer to are exclusively or even likely Labour supporters?

I'm not burying my head in the sand. I know it's all a bit of a mess and is very divisive, adding political divide into it is like throwing petrol on the fire.  But that suits some people's agendas (I'm not saying yours though I think you've possibly fallen into the trap).

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Moo said:

It's not about politics. Starmer isn't the only one who won't answer questions, it's happened across the Tory party too.  People seeking to make it party political are really not helping.

If it's about hatred and capitulation what is playing party politics going to do to help? You think these "incels" you refer to are exclusively or even likely Labour supporters?

I'm not burying my head in the sand. I know it's all a bit of a mess and is very divisive, adding political divide into it is like throwing petrol on the fire.  But that suits some people's agendas (I'm not saying yours though I think you've possibly fallen into the trap).

I think it is a Labour problem because one of their main selling points is the unswerving support for minorities. This group have positioned themselves as a vulnerable minority (despite in the U.K. being mainly white middle aged men).

You’ve got Labour activists (on here) telling you that a man can change into a woman - despite KNOWING it’s a lie.  That’s starting to unfold so now it’s ‘too complicated’. Another lie.  At the next election this will be a big issue, there’s already a campaign ‘You can’t have my X if you don’t know my sex’.  Labour will need to ask if this is an issue worth losing an election over. 

27 minutes ago, Moo said:

It's only a Labour problem to those who want to make it a Labour problem. 

A significantly higher % of Labour voters are women than the tories. It’s becoming clearer from recent protests that the original trans issue has now been hijacked by incels to attack women. These guys in the photo aren’t trans are they ? 

As long as the party is ambivalent or confused about this issue then it’s going to lose votes from its base.

6DF8FB51-AC7F-4572-87E3-634C9A2F99E9.jpeg