You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Grenfall Tower Fire

The woman hasn’t handed herself in yet.  It’s also a bit weird this is getting more press attention than the people who’ve conned money out of the fund.  There was the woman who worked on it and siphoned off about £60k and the numerous people who pretended they lived there.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rico1304 said:

The woman hasn’t handed herself in yet.  It’s also a bit weird this is getting more press attention than the people who’ve conned money out of the fund.  There was the woman who worked on it and siphoned off about £60k and the numerous people who pretended they lived there.  

Maybe its because these idiots were stupid enough  (or somebody at the event) to put it on twitter rather than keep it quiet.

Just now, redheart said:

Utterly pathetic that we prosecute that.

Yes it is utterly vile and disgusting but that such be a matter of moral judgement and social action not for the police etc

Didn't see the actual video but I disagree. There is a line and it sounds like these pricks crossed that line and will at least face some kind of rebuke for the incident.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Didn't see the actual video but I disagree. There is a line and it sounds like these pricks crossed that line and will at least face some kind of rebuke for the incident.

Let’s hope they don’t open the Madeline McCann thread.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, rico1304 said:

Did you read what I typed or just jump on it because it was me? 

You said something that seemed to insinuate that we didn't condemn one set of scumbags enough but reserved hatred for the 'lesser' of two evils. As for it being 'you' I just replied to the post. Do you feel you are being targeted?

Never fear those white knights of freedom and justice al la Rod Liddle, Littlejohn or Brendan O'Neil will come riding to their rescue and give them a chance to spout their bile

Not sure why they are getting so much coverage as all this will do is bring out the knuckle dragging brigade talking about whataboutery in the fact there was was an effigy of Boris Johnson parading May's head around for Bonfire Night will say is that not as hateful?

I personally think that whoever they are are your typical right-wing Daily Mail reading racists who have only handed themselves in as they would have been caught anyway but are they any different to that prick on a plane the other week?

Unfortunately if you are drip fed shite from the likes of the Mail/ Farage/ Hopkins/ Liddle/ Littlejohn/ MacKenzie and co year on year then this is what you end up with.

Image result for boris johnson theresa may head bonfire night

11 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You said something that seemed to insinuate that we didn't condemn one set of scumbags enough but reserved hatred for the 'lesser' of two evils. As for it being 'you' I just replied to the post. Do you feel you are being targeted?

I said ‘press’, if I’d have wanted to say on here I would have.  

Ha, hardly.  Don’t you think it’s weird this has had more press than people who stole money from the real victims? 

6 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

I said ‘press’, if I’d have wanted to say on here I would have.  

Ha, hardly.  Don’t you think it’s weird this has had more press than people who stole money from the real victims? 

I don't read the press but I think both are scummy things to do and are covered by law. I imagine the bonfire stuff will result in a caution or small fine unless the police use the 'hate crime' law to prosecute.

5 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

Don’t you think it’s weird this has had more press than people who stole money from the real victims? 

Do you have any evidence to back this up? I'll accept spreadsheets or a nice colourful PowerPoint presentation.

I think this is getting more attention due to its visibility, in the sense that people can click a play button and witness first hand the rather distasteful behaviour. It's a bit more sensational and provocative to experience their idiotic ways with your own ears and eyes, as opposed to reading about a dry, mundane accounting fraud in the papers. 

Plus, those who stole are scum, but I don't think it's weird at all that some folks may want to give more of their ire and outrage to people who appear to be celebrating and revelling in the horrific death by fire of 70 plus people, minimising it to something to be used for their own humour and kicks. It's not even like it was an off the cuff comment. It's involved planning, going out to buy stuff to make the model etc. It's really, really weird and twisted behaviour and I can fully understand why some people might find it more worthy of their criticism than an act of fraud. They're revelling in people's deaths! 

• Upvote 1

I agree it’s fucking weird. I don’t think it’s criminal.  

I find someone taking tens of thousands of pounds out of the fund worse than this video.  Many times worse.  

Until it was shared widely theres there’s very little chance it could ever impact a victim of the fire.  Those sharing it in ‘outrage’ mean it’s now likely to have been seen by a victim.  

The media with their faux outrage are just as bad. 

Oh no, look at this terrible disgusting act being committed, click on this link that we gain advertising revenue from and join the outrage, and feel free to send the link to others so they can agree. 

They live this shit, they get to take some moral high ground, and make money from it. 

Cunts. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

There is something deeply, deeply wrong when police and media attention is fixated on a bunch of idiots mocking the victims of a fire rather than the corner-cutting shitbags who turned a tower block into a deadly firetrap in the first place. We are all being played.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10